Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Sure it is, just run the raid in 10 man heroic, you'll take about zero damage and the loot table is the same as that of the 25 man heroic version

I did mine week 1 as havoc, wasn't that hard.

Especially for old content like this, if you spec Demonic Appetite you'll get self-healing from the souls that drop when you kill stuff. The DPS loss is who-cares level, and you get the healing utility.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDK View Post
    Especially for old content like this, if you spec Demonic Appetite you'll get self-healing from the souls that drop when you kill stuff. The DPS loss is who-cares level, and you get the healing utility.
    That's not true. The only souls you get are the ones from using Chaos Strike. Those heal for 40k~. If the level of the mob is higher than 10, you won't get Shattered Souls when you kill the enemy and thus you won't get the 25% max health heal. These last souls are irrelevant and have nothing to do with Demonic Appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanisa View Post
    I don't play DH currently, but I'm surprised to hear this is difficult even without healing. On my Paladin (~710 Ret) I take almost no damage on 25H, I literally never stop to heal. Am I underrating how much plate is helping me? Does the spine really consistently do challenging levels of damage to DH's? If so I'm kind of shocked (assuming this is all happening at level 100!).
    As a rogue and paladin player, i am always surprised by the massive amounts of damage my other toons take since as a rogue i can just avoid most of it and as a paladin i can laugh it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    That's not true. The only souls you get are the ones from using Chaos Strike. Those heal for 40k~. If the level of the mob is higher than 10, you won't get Shattered Souls when you kill the enemy and thus you won't get the 25% max health heal. These last souls are irrelevant and have nothing to do with Demonic Appetite.
    I phrased that badly. I didn't mean "from the kills" I meant from "Chaos Strikes on the things you're killing". Nevertheless, the Lesser Soul Fragments from DA will still heal for non-zero value, so in that sense, it's still some healing. So you can still benefit from taking DA when you want SOME healing over none, no?

Having said that, going Vengeance is way safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    As a rogue and paladin player, i am always surprised by the massive amounts of damage my other toons take since as a rogue i can just avoid most of it and as a paladin i can laugh it off.
    Yeah I think I was expecting DHs to void everything similar to rogues.

Can easily be done. If (for some reason) you have problems, make sure to kill some adds for health regen. Or go Vengeance.

They made respeccing as simple as clicking a button and people still haven't even tried it

Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    You can farm the mounts a virtual infinite number of times each week by creating and running Demon Hunters.
    3 times*
    You need to wait 24 hours before being able to do legacy raids on a demon hunter after creating them.

Deleted
    At 110 you'll have demonic with 100% leech every 45 secs, will that be enough for you to solo?

I've been able to solo the entire instance on 25Heroic as Havoc around 706 ilevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it as Havoc, but I have the Kazzak trinket, otherwise it probably wouldn't have been doable. 706 ilvl, 725/725 glaives from invasion ect.

Use Vengeance.

So we are clear, you can solo anything that the mechanics allow. If the "self healing is non-existent" then you just need to play differently or get more gear.

The only fights that would be not soloable would be fights with mechanics like Gorefiend.
    Everything else in the game is. It just may not be easy.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed just fine as Havoc but no doubt it would be hella easier as Vengeance.

It's a piece of cake as havoc. Just pop blur on cooldown, and only pop two of the tendrils in the beginning. I never dropped below 50% hp.

Soloed with 700 ilvl veng spec, 25HC, no problem at all.