Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tanking specs should just work like DPS specs in PvP. Tanking has a (dedicated) role doesn't work in PvP, it's either super OP or crap.

Would to DPS in BGS as blood since I like the flavor but, I can't stand how little damage you do, even if you're hard to kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Very fun for the tank, very anti fun for any one else.
    "fun" is subjective

what you think seems "anti fun", I think it would be awesome if a tank "taunted" me, and I get to blow all my cool downs on him and kill him with the rest of my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Very fun for the tank, very anti fun for any one else. That's the primary problem with pure tanks in pvp, they take so little damage that you can't really focus them, they CC the hell out of you, so they're annoying, all while still dealing some amount of damage.
    they are also really good at locking down healers in bgs. No one likes to focus them and you can get in and out of combat to heal back up if need be. In the meantime that healers has to deal with silences, constant damage, and often forces movement making it even harder for them to be effective. Bonus points if another healer has to stop to keep them up or their team turns on you as you just bought your team a window to nuke people on their team. It just doesn't work as well at higher skill levels as teams learn to ignore you. When that happens however you start playing the lockdown support. Moving to intercept people on your healers and what not. You can also 1v1 a lot of the stragglers as they don't have the damage to kill you. The exceptions being classes like druids and rogues who can self sustain though it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Is it fun when healers run around pillars for 5 minutes after their partner(s) are dead?

Is it fun when you are caught in a 12 second CC chain and can't do anything about it?

Is it fun when you face a burst team that blows everything and kills you/your partner(s) through all of your defensive CD's in about 3 seconds?

I suspect the answer to these questions is going to be something along the lines of "play better scrub", which is probably somewhat valid. But if you are annoyed by your inability to kill a tank, wouldn't the same "play better scrub" answer apply to you as well?
    To answer your questions:
    Not an issue.
    Even less of an issue (don't get hit)
    Yes, it is more fun to die in 3 seconds then die in 20 minutes.

wpvp....but is there any interesting wpvp in legion? Are there substantial rewards, it is fun? Is there something to grind like the draenor nemesis quests?

a blood dk or prot paladin with ingi to enhance his speed a bit, is something to consider without pvp template stats.

other than that its the usual boring FC job in rbgs maybe there will be some weird arena comps too.

as a blood dk you can mesh really well with other classes with knockbacks or strong burst aoe, use grasp and pull the enemy team together and another class can knock them all off a ledge etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think tanks would make a great addition to PVP. They should be hard to kill, but shouldn't do much damage either.

They should be;
    - Target callers
    - Flag carriers
    - Base defenders

Again, their damage should suck, but hard to kill.
    Warlock (SL main)