Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    sounds to me like he was having a little too much of the college experience in the first place

so i might be misreading this but he was never actually convicted? the prosecution and defense where both unsure if they could win the case so they settled on a probationary punishment without actually admitting he was guilty or being convinced?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Raping 2 girls while they are unconscious is not a mistake this little shit needs to spend some time in prison where he might get the same treatment those 2 girls got.
    You dont get booze in prison
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

For what it's worth, the college that had previously accepted him has now barred him from attending as a result of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    but you can get raped.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Did he rape them, or did he sexually assault them?
    Sounds like he just fingered them. Still bad, but not rape.

Also mixed feelings about the sex offenders list. You don't go onto an "offenders list" of the same kind for other crimes, and I similarly don't think it's always necessary for sexual crimes. Someone who actually needs to be on something like a sex offender list probably shouldn't be out in society in the first place, or at least should be in some sort of correctional program or under monitoring (in which case, them being on the list would hold value).
    At the least, I think the subject and crime should be evaluated in each case to see if registering them as a sex offender is warranted.

He committed a crime, he should be punished for that crime (probably more strictly then he got away with), but I'm leaning towards agreeing that registering him as a sex offender is unnecessary in this case.
    He sexually assaulted them with his fingers while they slept.

So basically if you are a student rape is ok now in America?

He's in Ohio, so he'll probably get some civilian justice soon enough, whether we and he likes it or not.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    They make booze in prison it's called hooch or toilet wine. Yeah, you guys should read the article from a non biased source. The kid fingerbanged 2 drunk chicks at a party he didn't full on rape them. As for conviction I'm fairly certain he plead no contest and made this deal. Not defending his actions I'm just saying the cosmo article dramatizes the case too much which makes me wonder why Genn was reading articles on Cosmo to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    He's in Ohio, so he'll probably get some civilian justice soon enough, whether we and he likes it or not.
    Lol, cause Ohio is like that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    They make booze in prison it's called hooch or toilet wine. Yeah, you guys should read the article from a non biased source. The kid fingerbanged 2 drunk chicks at a party he didn't full on rape them. As for conviction I'm fairly certain he plead no contest and made this deal. Not defending his actions I'm just saying the cosmo article dramatizes the case too much which makes me wonder why Genn was reading articles on Cosmo to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, cause Ohio is like that at all?
    Certainly, though not as bad as Michigan in that regard.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Smh at an adult male reading Cosmopolitan.

10+ Year Old Account

Also mixed feelings about the sex offenders list. You don't go onto an "offenders list" of the same kind for other crimes, and I similarly don't think it's always necessary for sexual crimes. Someone who actually needs to be on something like a sex offender list probably shouldn't be out in society in the first place, or at least should be in some sort of correctional program or under monitoring (in which case, them being on the list would hold value).
    At the least, I think the subject and crime should be evaluated in each case to see if registering them as a sex offender is warranted.

He committed a crime, he should be punished for that crime (probably more strictly then he got away with), but I'm leaning towards agreeing that registering him as a sex offender is unnecessary in this case.
    He got convicted of 2 sex acts and is on his way to college...college, where rape, in particular the kind he committed, is a lot more likely to happen. I think that warrants being placed a list.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So basically if you are a student rape is ok now in America?
    It's more like if you're a White Male in America then you'll get off with a slap on the wrist unless you've gone on a murderous rampage.

And to those trying to downplay this because he used his fingers instead of his dick... you all can go straight to hell.

Rape.

IS.

RAPE.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2016-08-23 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    He got convicted of 2 sex acts and is on his way to college...college, where rape, in particular the kind he committed, is a lot more likely to happen. I think that warrants being placed a list.
    again i might be mistaken but his case was continued without finding, he wasn't convicted.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So are we just going to keep bitching and moaning about every single rehillibitative/non-retributive conviction?

Isn't that what most of you want across the board?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, we should get rid off the registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Smh at an adult male reading Cosmopolitan.
    @GennGreymane is definitely not an adult and it's questionable if male is the label we can accurately use to describe 'it' correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    It's more like if you're a White Male in America then you'll get off with a slap on the wrist unless you've gone on a murderous rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    And to those trying to downplay this because he used his fingers instead of his dick... you all can go straight to hell.
    Rape.
    IS.
    RAPE.
    Don't clutch your pearls too hard now.

Nobody's downplaying it. They're just talking about the fact that he fingered them and whether or not that constitutes rape under the law. I don't know US law, but in the UK that would be sexual assault; not rape.

Obviously his punishment isn't proportionate. I do believe younger first-time offenders should be given more lenient sentences, perhaps with more oversight and evaluation after prison for a while (adhering to curfews, mandatory drug tests etc), but this isn't right. I think regardless of what the judge wants regarding his future, this dude is about to have his skull bashed in unless he goes into hiding and changes his name. He's certainly not gonna be getting into any colleges for a while.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-08-23 at 11:04 PM.

Obviously this white cis male needs to be castrated and and put on display just to show how progressive we are as a society.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    again i might be mistaken but his case was continued without finding, he wasn't convicted.
    Admission of guilt and being sentenced sounds like a conviction to me.

Resident Cosplay Progressive