Page 76 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is anyone still believing in the arcane dream? LatC (instead of Elizes) + Luffa for dungeons?

I'm not a huge fan of the incarnation playstyle (30 seconds lulz, 150 seconds boredom); moonfire on all the things sounds like fun.

Deleted
    Don't have LatC, but I would probably rather run Sephuz with Luffa for dungeons, just because Incarn is so powerful. If you run GG, then your combo is probably the better one, but I think in the current state of guardian you hurt your dps if you don't take Inc.

I have all guardian, balance and shared legendaries now (except for the balance ring and guardian trinket), so can play around with just about everything at least hah.

My issue with incarn is that its potential feels wasted in most dungeons simply because you can't pull as much as you want to (also heavily depends on affixes), as the walking distances are too long. Except for MoS and maybe CoS.

In tyrannical weeks (trash packs aren't very scary), you don't really need incarn for enemy forces. Bosses are single target for the most part, so popping incarn there also feels rather meh as well.

My gear is somewhat haste heavy so I kinda want to force moonfire to work

Deleted
    Haste benefits Incarn quite a lot as well, and the walking distances actually increase the value of Inc, since if you aren't fighting while it is on CD, your effective uptime is even higher. Also single target thrash spam isn't too bad either, in tyrannical weeks I often try to have inc up for the bosses when the group is aoe heavy.

Fucking lol, LatC causes the (duplicated) passive GG moonfire proc to generate rage. In before nerf

It's been known since it was introduced, think it will stay that way.

Deleted
    Aaaaand Ironfur goes down from 80% armor to 65% on PTR! Another nerf lol. So sad. What are these guys thinking? They nerfed it so much. I understand the fact they want to prevent bears from hitting armor cap but that is related only to very high end ilvl bears. What about lower ilvl ones? They should buff their passive mitigation for example thick hide should be 12% reduction rather than 6% or etc....

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Aaaaand Ironfur goes down from 80% armor to 65% on PTR! Another nerf lol. So sad. What are these guys thinking? They nerfed it so much. I understand the fact they want to prevent bears from hitting armor cap but that is related only to very high end ilvl bears. What about lower ilvl ones? They should buff their passive mitigation for example thick hide should be 12% reduction rather than 6% or etc....
    They're not going to buff passive mitigation for bears because it makes using active mitigation less important, hence why our passive was nerfed prior to WoD. Blizz listened to the whiners complaining about how OP bears supposedly are, and rather than buffing classes that need buffs, they nerf us. Typical Blizz thought process. Kind of like how everyone took GG for the last year, so now they're nerfing it again rather than buffing the other talents.

Ironfur was nerfed from 100% to 80% in Nighthold because the ilvl increased, it was rather obvious that there will be further ones with every raid tier.

Newest guardian changes:
    Ironfur: Increases armor by 80% 65% for 6 sec. Multiple uses of this ability may overlap.

Maul: Maul the target for 500% 750% Physical damage.
    Cost changed from 30 Rage to 45 Rage

Galactic Guardian: Your damage has a 10% 7% chance to trigger a free automatic Moonfire on that target.
    When this occurs, the next Moonfire you cast generates 8 Rage, and deals 300% increased direct damage.
    I can understand the IF nerf, the maul rework is getting out of hands, and I'm confused about the GG change. It's already less and less picked because blizz threw all our damage into the thrash basket, most people skilling incarnation even for single target encounters....a nerf to GG makes absolutely no sense at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    I can understand the IF nerf, the maul rework is getting out of hands, and I'm confused about the GG change. It's already less and less picked because blizz threw all our damage into the thrash basket, most people skilling incarnation even for single target encounters....a nerf to GG makes absolutely no sense at this point.
    Don't quite get it either. If it's a rage issue, they could just cut back on the rage gains. If it was a damage issue... alright, almost typed that with a straight face, thanks Thrash spam. The only thing I can imagine (and it's a stretch at that), is the majority of the bear population does not have all Thrash relics and Thrash legendaries, so GG appears disproportionately better compared to Inc/SotF. Regardless, I was really rooting for the arcane dream with you, but Blizz is determined to kill it.

Deleted
    Maybe because going SotF-Ring+GG would have run into some issues with massive rage gen? That is the only thing that I can think of right now.

IF nerf is pretty much necessary. Hitting armor cap rotationally is silly and bad for the gameplay, as there is pretty much no AM you can use against bosses anymore at that point. Lower geared bears don't get the short end of the stick with this change either, as they get higher ilvl gear in ToS as well, so that they can keep up the same value of physical damage reduction they have now.

Increasing our passive mitigation is literally the last thing they should do, as it is way too high and in my mind the only problem the class has. If we didn't reduce damage taken by more than 20% flat (R&T or Pulv, MF trait, Thick Hide and appropriate leggies, versa, mastery) there probably wouldn't have been a reason to remove MoU and our gameplay would have been better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    the majority of the bear population does not have all Thrash relics and Thrash legendaries
    9 Legendaries in, and still no Luffa. With my luck the patch that adds new legendaries arrives before I get my 10th, and Luffa gets delayed even further.

At least getting high thrash relics will be easier in Tomb, since all 3 of them drop there.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-05-17 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    ToS gear actually looks pretty good stat wise, and some of those tank trinkets might actually be decent. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might want to bonus roll for tank trinkets.

I have a question about trinkets. Im running bear tank as my 3rd specc, so not that important. Running right now, bith 865, Raven Eidolon and Majordomo's Dinner Bell.
    But what I understand they are pretty crap?
    So what to focus on getting, Grotesque Statuette from Emerald Nightmare, would a 835 or 850 from lfr/normal be better? I guess a 865 from heroic would be upgrade
    Writhing Heart of Darkness from DHT is good right? Worth farm a heroic 845?
    Parjesh's Medallion from EoA is crap right?
    Any nighthold trinket worth to try grab? Running it lfr/normal/heroic evey week
    Statsticks, how are they for tanks? Worth grabbing?

Im focus on getting defensive trinkets
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Deleted
    Stat sticks and Darkmoon Deck: Immortality. Farming 845 isn't worth it with how easy you can get a 880 stat stick from Broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Stat sticks and Darkmoon Deck: Immortality. Farming 845 isn't worth it with how easy you can get a 880 stat stick from Broken Shore.
    The "problem" here is that I wont use nethershard for a trinket as I prio main specc and o"first" off-specc first off.
    So a statstick would be a 860~ from WQ's right now.
    And Immortality, will look ah price later, but probly too expensive to care for a off-specc imo^^

Thats why Im lookin into 865 trinkets right now =)
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Deleted
    are both of those two speccs int specs? If not, you can get a statstick for feral and use that as a bear. 860 stat stick should be better than any 845 dungeon trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    are both of those two speccs int specs? If not, you can get a statstick for feral and use that as a bear. 860 stat stick should be better than any 845 dungeon trinket
    Ya resto and balance first off
    Well its not only 845 trinkets im looking on, looking on lfr/normal/heroic raid trinkets too and mythic+0 dungeon trinkets
    But what I understand, effect on both "Grotesque Statuette" and "Writhing Heart of Darkness" are really good defensive or?
    And would for exempel:
    Writhing Heart of Darkness 845 < Statstick 860 < Writhing heart of Darkness 865?
    How should I calculate statstick? For resto as exempel, a stat stick is often 5-10 ilvl better. 870 stat stick > 880 proc trinket as exempel.
    Is it something close for tank? Or are proc trinkets better for tanks?

Deleted
    Statuette is decent, if you only have one target hitting you. Heart of darkness on high enough item level is pretty good as well. It is pretty hard to get a precise measurement on the value of trinkets for tanks, because there isn't really a good metric to sim for. You can sim total damage taken, but that usually isn't what kills you, and if it does, 9 times out of 10, it is a healer issue. For spike protection, the shield trinkets talisman of the cragshaper/infernal contract are nice, but only if you can make good use of their CD.

Right now, most of us just sim DPS and take what comes out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    I have all guardian, balance and shared legendaries now (except for the balance ring and guardian trinket), so can play around with just about everything at least hah

My gear is somewhat haste heavy so I kinda want to force moonfire to work
    Funny how you have half my mythic+s done and 1/4 of my raid clears and you have 5 more legendaries than me.
    Haste works better with incarn than gg.