Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamiri View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but does someone have a picture of the arms warrior artifact progression chart assuming FR build?

Thank you art, ever so helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Well, I didn't say "search, cba", but thanks for putting words in my mouth. However, I stand by the sentiment: Don't expect people to go out of their way to do things that you can easily do yourself, like using the search feature, using SimC, or reading one of the published guides.

But keep on living in your cocoon of ignorance.
    Which is exactly how you're the most arrogant dude on this website. You think you're too good or that your time is too precious to 'waste' helping people out, yet you spend hours upon hours on these forums just wagging your internet dick around. Helping people my ass. You're feeding your own ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Which is exactly how you're the most arrogant dude on this website. You think you're too good or that your time is too precious to 'waste' helping people out, yet you spend hours upon hours on these forums just wagging your internet dick around. Helping people my ass. You're feeding your own ego.

Yeah I don't really like getting in fights but this so called arrogant dude has been replying to and helping out a brand new player to the warrior class. He isn't getting anything out of helping me other than to help me. His time wasn't too precious to waste on my fresh warrior questions so I feel like your just barking up the wrong tree.
    Last edited by Rhadamiri; 2016-08-26 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamiri View Post
    Yeah I don't really like getting in fights but this so called arrogant dude has been replying to and helping out a brand new player to the warrior class. He isn't getting anything out of helping me other than to help me. His time wasn't too precious to waste on my fresh warrior questions so I feel like your just barking up the wrong tree.
    Did you read my post? There's always a selfish component to everything you do. If it isn't something direct or material, it's about making yourself feel better about yourself, ie ego.

Also what the hell does him being arrogant have to do with replying to you? Arrogant means he thinks he's the shit - you try to tell him he's wrong and there's not a chance in hell he'd admit to it (except under the guise of not caring, or some other stupid excuse).

yeah its always the same with the gurus. they think wisdom is theirs, and dont even realize how their wisdom (and therefor their guides) changes like every few days because their holy simcraft is ... well just a sim with some formula in it.

best example is stromkar leveling route, i proposed not going to 3rd gold directly, and those guys were like lol u plebs, read the guide, now 10 days later they show a picture of something i personally have somewhere stated in this very forum, but show it as their own wisdom. its really lol.
    Or the stuff with arms warrie = haste best stat, like the gurus postet in their guide. just try to get an understanding of you your class works, and realize that haste wont ever be the best stats, because it is not increasing dmg, it is only buffing the rate at which you gain and spend rage, the only stat that actually increases resource income compared to resource spending ratio (which is what makes you able cast more abilties) is crit, and its pretty low gain.
    So the only place where u as a player can actually increase the dmg ouput is mastery

make your own thaughts guys, and be sceptical, and dont believe some guide that tells you haste is king if you play a class thats benefit from 10 % haste is having 5 more ms casts and 10 more autohits over the coarse of a 4 minute fight.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2016-08-26 at 09:13 PM.

Did you forget what you just wrote on this very page? Let me remind you.

"You think you're too good or that your time is too precious to 'waste' helping people out"

So that isn't true, and he hasn't been angrily attacking you in the same you way you are him. So far the only arrogant jerk here is you. Seems like this forum would better off if you stopped making it all about YOUR ego and just let people talk about the warrior class.

Have a nice day

Did you read my post? There's always a selfish component to everything you do. If it isn't something direct or material, it's about making yourself feel better about yourself, ie ego.

Also what the hell does him being arrogant have to do with replying to you? Arrogant means he thinks he's the shit - you try to tell him he's wrong and there's not a chance in hell he'd admit to it (except under the guise of not caring, or some other stupid excuse).
    Why does anyone do anything if not for gratification? Do you masturbate for a health benefit? I doubt it. Even a Saint tending their flock might be thought to work out of altruism, but if you think gratification isn't a part of it you're deluding yourself. Why are you going out of your way to attack me and defend the honor of random guy #3 on the forums? Maybe you see yourself as some kind of hero, but I'm willing to bet there's some amount of gratification in trying to shame someone else as well.

You also might note that I never denied being arrogant. I am, and I don't have a problem with it, because it's not unfounded or without reason; you'll note I also don't rub it in peoples faces by trying to say "I'm better than you, so you're dumb". However, arrogance and disrespect are not necessarily the same thing. You seem to be under the mistaken fact that I am a TV show or video game character; I am not. Real people are multi-faceted, and they can in fact be altruistic, antagonistic, selfish, arrogant, and empathetic, rather than just one thing.

Being arrogant is only a bad thing if it's not earned, imo.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    yeah its always the same with the gurus. they think wisdom is theirs, and dont even realize how their wisdom (and therefor their guides) changes like every few days because their holy simcraft is ... well just a sim with some formula in it.

best example is stromkar leveling route, i proposed not going to 3rd gold directly, and those guys were like lol u plebs, read the guide, now 10 days later they show a picture of something i personally have somewhere stated in this very forum, but show it as their own wisdom. its really lol.
    Nobody ever proposed going for the 3rd gold directly, it's always been known to be the last golden and one of the last traits in general to be taken. It's been known from the get-go to provide no single target benefit whatsoever, and only minor multi-target benefit.

Yes, things change over time, because those "gurus" are constantly polishing and improving on what they do. You think new thinking just appears spontaneously? It's the result of hours spent creating proof of concept. You may have supposed at what is ultimately the right answer, but until it's proven, that supposition means little.

ok one question: yesterday simcraft guys came up wiht "u dont use execute ever minus ring proc or during deadly calm", and now today a photo of stromcar levelingroute for fr shows execute talent taken as more important as the golden voide cleave stuff.

confused anyone?

Why does anyone do anything if not for gratification? Do you masturbate for a health benefit? I doubt it. Even a Saint tending their flock might be thought to work out of altruism, but if you think gratification isn't a part of it you're deluding yourself. Why are you going out of your way to attack me and defend the honor of random guy #3 on the forums? Maybe you see yourself as some kind of hero, but I'm willing to bet there's some amount of gratification in trying to shame someone else as well.

You also might note that I never denied being arrogant. I am, and I don't have a problem with it, because it's not unfounded. However, arrogance and disrespect are not necessarily the same thing. You seem to be under the mistaken fact that I am a TV show or video game character; I am not. Real people are multi-faceted, and they can in fact be altruistic, antagonistic, selfish, arrogant, and empathetic, rather than just one thing.
    You sure speak a lot for someone who didn't even take two seconds to read the post you quoted. The second sentence said what you spent two paragraphs whining about.

I'm sorry for being unclear then. You're not just arrogant, but you're also an asshole. You think you 'deserve' being arrogant because, as I've said before, you play a lot and talk a lot. With how much you talk and play, shouldn't you be THE highest average warrior rather than just one of the bunch? You talk as if you've achieved as much as Usain Bolt, but you're miles more arrogant than him. And you think you've earned the right to be.

Downright pathetic.

Oh, and here's the definition of arrogant:

arrogant
    ˈarəɡ(ə)nt/
    adjective
    adjective: arrogant

having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

There's a difference between being arrogant and knowing how good you are. You're arrogant.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2016-08-26 at 09:25 PM.

You sure speak a lot for someone who didn't even take two seconds to read the post you quoted. The second sentence said what you spent two paragraphs whining about.
    I was re-iterating what you said about everything having a selfish component in order to point out the hypocrisy in trying to chide someone for self-gratification. Sorry, I thought that was clear?

I'm sorry for being unclear then. You're not just arrogant, but you're also an asshole. You think you 'deserve' being arrogant because, as I've said before, you play a lot and talk a lot. With how much you talk and play, shouldn't you be THE highest average warrior rather than just one of the bunch? You talk as if you've achieved as much as Usain Bolt, but you're miles more arrogant than him. And you think you've earned the right to be.
    I didn't say I deserve to be arrogant, I said my arrogance is not unfounded; subtle, yet important difference. I'd also point out that exaggerated is very much subjective, and that it's often used colloquially as a synonym for egostic which doesn't carry the connotations of exaggeration, but that's not really important. Regardless, I'm not sure the two are directly comparable, and I also don't see anyone stating that Usain Bolt doesn't know how to run despite proof to the contrary.

It was a nice analogy, but as far as ranking averages are concerned, you should understand that ranking is dependent on a far greater number of variables, the least of which is player skill. Most notably, it is a group effort heavily dependent on time, which is why all of the top ranks at the moment are the result of stacking high burst classes and defeating the boss in a matter of seconds, which my group obviously doesn't do. Anyone can get a top 10 rank when the boss dies in <20 seconds. Similarly, you will never have a top rank on a multi-target/AoE fight without the rest of the group enabling you to do so by willfully ignoring the adds in your favor.

And not to brag, but because you brought it up, I have actually been the highest ranking Warrior in the world, a number of times in fact. Here's an example:

(do recall that Heroic was the highest difficulty pre-WoD)

Downright pathetic.
    You know, you call me the asshole, but I haven't flung one insult, yet you haven't managed to go a post without doing so multiple times. You may say I was rude, dismissive, or even disrespectful to the other poster for my comment, but I didn't attack him the way you've been attacking me over what is a fairly trivial squabble that he's apparently already moved on from. You can it as an excuse for your imagined crusade for justice, but it's a poor way to go about it.

ok one question: yesterday simcraft guys came up wiht "u dont use execute ever minus ring proc or during deadly calm", and now today a photo of stromcar levelingroute for fr shows execute talent taken as more important as the golden voide cleave stuff.

confused anyone?
    May want to check in which order those things appeared. Just because yesterday was the first time you saw that picture, doesn't mean that it was made yesterday. It's almost a week old.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    May want to check in which order those things appeared. Just because yesterday was the first time you saw that picture, doesn't mean that it was made yesterday. It's almost a week old.
    Thanks for reminding me of this, got distracted by our unfortunately recently departed friend. RIP 'lil buddy.

confused anyone?

In addition to what Sarri said, it's also important to recognize that those two abilities fill different niches, which means you need to balance the decision as to which to take first by what you intend to do with it.

To expand:
    • Deathblow only affects single-target (2T cleave with Sweeping Strikes), and ability crit doesn't do anything except add damage for Arms.
    • Void Cleave only affects multi-target, and the effect is fairly weak to begin with.

This means that when deciding which to pursue, you have to make the determination as to whether you're trying to enable ST, MT, or both, and if you're going for both, if the gain in one outweighs the loss (opportunity cost) of the other. That's going to be very hard to make a definitive determination on, as there's no real "right" answer.

Relevant to the subject:
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp1u8g

Deleted
    No. Low procs are fine.

I don't want my dps to be balanced around RnG procs, rather they be as minimal as possible.

Unless ofc it's PPM! Mmm.. Delicious 100% proc rate every major engagement.

Who cares if you think Archi or Sarri or any other theorycrafter act like a dick. If you don't like them, do your own experiments. Just don't come here after crying because you are dealing subpar dps because your Frothing Berserker/Reckless Abandon build is utter garbage.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

I'm going to grab that Nice explanation from mr. Ravenholdt!

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    No. Low procs are fine.

I don't want my dps to be balanced around RnG procs, rather they be as minimal as possible.

Unless ofc it's PPM! Mmm.. Delicious 100% proc rate every major engagement.
    If you mean low as in fewer, that actually adds more variance, and therefore a greater amount of RNG. The oft repeated suggestion was to make procs more frequent, with smaller effects to balance out the relative gain. This would reduce RNG significantly, while making them more visible to the player.

Deleted
    Why do you (i.e. all posters above) even respond to someone who is not able to spend 2 minutes to communicate in proper english... Only 2 weeks that I actively read this forum again and I already miss EJ

I agree with most things, but I think with the current aquisition rate of legendaries the roadmap for this tier should focus on zero legendaries; after all you might never get a good one until Nighthold.