Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vlackrs View Post
    Now, with drood class hall buff, i have 40% but i do not think that haste is strong for heal, or i am wrong? i just can't see any STRONG HPS on my target with hots.

I keep thinking that haste is not the right stat for us.
    If you want strong HoT HPS on a single target you're going to have to pile on some talents. With CW, Cultivation, and Germination, you can do some impressive single target HPS. Without those, not so much.

But if you're raiding, it's mainly the AoE throughput that counts. Rejuvenation doesn't heal for much per second, but you can keep casting it on more and more people. It all adds up, and in the end somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 of our healing in a raid should be from healing over time spells (artifact traits included). Considering that most of those HoTs double dip on haste, it's a lovely stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeheals View Post
    So with the nerf to Prosperity and the buff to Cultivation are we starting to shift more towards Mastery again?
    Probably not. People were already using Cultivation for progression before the buff. Cenarion Ward is bound to see more use, but that's just ~25% uptime on one target and doesn't make much difference. Also note that Cultivation scales with haste. So while it does add another HoT to trigger mastery, it also benefits from haste (and crit, obviously).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    any tips for optimising healing?

i seem to never top healing charts but when i look at overhealing i am nearly 2x my heals and way ahead anyone else.

Don't see how i can fix this though, i just keep hots on tanks/players who will take damage and swiftmend if someone takes a big chunk followed by wild growth with SotF if a group of peeps need healing and if not i will just pop a buffed rejeuv on the player who took damage.

Deleted
    When going with a Cultivation build in a raid environment are people choosing Mastery over Crit? I'm having trouble deciding, would like some input on this.

Mastery becomes more valuable the more HoTs you have active on targets, but at a minimum of how many HoTs does it outperform Crit? In a typical raid environment you'll have plenty of Rejuvs up, and by extension Cultivations, but that only amounts to two HoTs (unless SP is taken which is unlikely). Lifebloom will be kept on a tank, as will CW, so the only other HoT for non-tank raid members comes from WG, which won't have a very high uptime. So at best you'll have 3 HoTs up on several targets when Rejuv, Cult and WG all align. Does that happen often enough to justify going for Mastery, or is Mastery already worth taking when having 2 HoTs on a target?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    any tips for optimising healing?

i seem to never top healing charts but when i look at overhealing i am nearly 2x my heals and way ahead anyone else.
    Without knowing anything else, my best guess is that you simply have too many healers for your raid size, given the difficulty of the content and the gear you have. If so, there's nothing you can improve because you're not doing anything wrong. Other people just heal people before your HoTs can tick, which is the right thing for them to do as there's nothing more important they could be doing. Have some people go DPS if possible.

If more than 1/5 of your raid are healers, you're almost always going to end up doing rather poorly. There are bosses that are easier with more healers than that, but it's still going to result in you overhealing a lot and looking bad on healing meters. For normal mode Emerald Nightmare with current gear, you can get by with one healer per ten people. I highly recommend it if you want something interesting to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Without knowing anything else, my best guess is that you simply have too many healers for your raid size, given the difficulty of the content and the gear you have. If so, there's nothing you can improve because you're not doing anything wrong. Other people just heal people before your HoTs can tick, which is the right thing for them to do as there's nothing more important they could be doing. Have some people go DPS if possible.

If more than 1/5 of your raid are healers, you're almost always going to end up doing rather poorly. There are bosses that are easier with more healers than that, but it's still going to result in you overhealing a lot and looking bad on healing meters. For normal mode Emerald Nightmare with current gear, you can get by with one healer per ten people. I highly recommend it if you want something interesting to do.
    thanks for the advice.

have they fixed the bug that let us have permanent incarnation on xavius? I forgot to check when we did him on heroic this week

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they fixed it on the 25th. Was fun while it lasted.

So I got drape of shame from kara and after doing a some minor math it would appear to be BiS for us over 880 capes. Especially considering it works with tranq which is a chunk of our HPS.

Can anyone else with better math/sims confirm that it is indeed BiS, because I see very few decent rdruids wearing it and its making me question whether I have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Futurama View Post
    When going with a Cultivation build in a raid environment are people choosing Mastery over Crit? I'm having trouble deciding, would like some input on this.

Mastery becomes more valuable the more HoTs you have active on targets, but at a minimum of how many HoTs does it outperform Crit? In a typical raid environment you'll have plenty of Rejuvs up, and by extension Cultivations, but that only amounts to two HoTs (unless SP is taken which is unlikely). Lifebloom will be kept on a tank, as will CW, so the only other HoT for non-tank raid members comes from WG, which won't have a very high uptime. So at best you'll have 3 HoTs up on several targets when Rejuv, Cult and WG all align. Does that happen often enough to justify going for Mastery, or is Mastery already worth taking when having 2 HoTs on a target?
    I'm using the RDSW weakaura and while I still favor crit/haste (at relatively high levels of both), mastery gets decently close on fights I use cultivation. it's often 70-80% the value of crit, and my mastery is decently high for raid gear just because of the item level of pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    So I got drape of shame from kara and after doing a some minor math it would appear to be BiS for us over 880 capes. Especially considering it works with tranq which is a chunk of our HPS.

Can anyone else with better math/sims confirm that it is indeed BiS, because I see very few decent rdruids wearing it and its making me question whether I have missed something.
    mostly I assume this is just because it's hard to get; we've only had two lockouts and most people I assume are loathe to spend coins in karazhan even though a lot of the loot is nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    Anyone notice that our set bonuses were changed completely? (apologies if im late to the party)

2 pieces (Restoration) : Wild Growth grants you 3000 Mastery for 7 sec.
    4 pieces (Restoration) : Each time your Rejuvenation heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration.
    the primary target doesn't lose the reju right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    the primary target doesn't lose the reju right?
    It should not, no.

Deleted
    Tearstone of Elune:

1. Does it proc only from cast or from ticks as well.
    2. When paired with Power of the Archdruid if the target got rejuvenation from the legendary ring proc, does it have a chance to spread to two aditional targets?
    3. When paired with Dreamwalker, when the ring procs does it also have a chance to proc Dreamwalker on top?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endofsociallife View Post
    Tearstone of Elune:

2. When paired with Power of the Archdruid if the target got rejuvenation from the legendary ring proc, does it have a chance to spread to two aditional targets?
    3. When paired with Dreamwalker, when the ring procs does it also have a chance to proc Dreamwalker on top?
    The only one that I can answer of those is 1. It will only proc from the cast, not ticks.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Cast only
    2. Doubt it, comsuming that buff with a wild growth cast would not be intended, so 99% sure it doesn't.
    3. No.

Tearstone of Elune:

I happen to have a Tearstone, all the "golden" artifact traits, and a whole bunch of raid logs of them in use, so I believe I can answer all three with about as much certainty as you're going to get:

1. Cast only. It's 20% per target on cast, adding up to one Rejuvenation per WG cast on average. It can proc on multiple people, though.
    2. No. The ring proc doesn't seem to interact at all with the Archdruid proc.
    3. No. Dreamwalker always triggers before the ring does.

Deleted
    Thank you all for the answers. Sad to hear it won't make my healing brokenly good but I believe it's one of the, if not the best legendary to get so I'm happy.

Diverting to this week's affix (Healing in excess of a target's maximum health is instead converted to a heal absorption effect.)
    This looks really good for us. If I'm reading this correctly the first ticks of HoT's will put the debuff on the target and the following ones will take it off.
    Am I correct in my assumption?

10+ Year Old Account
    Diverting to this week's affix (Healing in excess of a target's maximum health is instead converted to a heal absorption effect.)
    This looks really good for us. If I'm reading this correctly the first ticks of HoT's will put the debuff on the target and the following ones will take it off.
    Am I correct in my assumption?
    That is correct.

In europe it's sanguine overflow week.

"Free +15 for you! and you! and you!"

Thank you all for the answers. Sad to hear it won't make my healing brokenly good but I believe it's one of the, if not the best legendary to get so I'm happy.
    I'd rank them as Tearstone > boots > bracers >> chest > belt > the rest of them. For raiding, anyway. The bracers and belt are better for mythic+, so they're not bad legendaries overall. But Tearstone definitely feels BiS. It's ridiculously good and can do something like 7-8% of your total healing.

Deleted
    Hi folks,

with the changes comming to Moment of Clarity, I am wondering if it will be viable over Flourish?

Have to admit I am not a big fan of Flourish, it either felt unnecessary or just contributed to overhealing. I assume this is in large parts because of me 1) doing just some normal raiding to gear the guildies up atm and 2) not being very experienced yet as I only moved to WoW a few month ago. I just really like having those 3 free Regrowth, nice for a few quick bursts (which is probably the only area the Druid lacks in) and great to recover some mana meanwhile. Also I am lucky enough to have the Legendary Wrist if I really need to increase HoT Duration on specific targets.

What do you think?