Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did you pick druid for the versatility or one specific role?

I always hear how druid is a very good class to pick if you're unsure what you want to play, but every single druid i know picked it for one specialization.
    So what's your story? Did you pick it because you didn't know what class to pick or because one of their specs enticed you? I'm in the latter group

I picked druid to play Boomkin specifically, wasn't planning on tanking and disliked feral. I am planning on tanking in Legion so it's kinda cool that I can just switch to bear and I won't have to level another class/char but in any case when I originally rolled my druid the thought process didn't involve the hybrid aspect of the class whatsoever.

Deleted
    I picked Druid because I fucking love Resto.
    And while I probaly won't tank anything and won't play feral in Legion, having that kind of versatility is really nice. I won't have to worry that - in the case I do want to do something different - I'll be limited by my class. Especially considering Artifact Knowledge that kind of thing is quite reassuring.

Deleted
    Played mage for ages, but now i hate the dumb fotm road its going, so i switched to another ranged dd specc. Warlock is meh for me. Hunter is plain dumb. Ele is underpowered since ever. Shadow is only a niche specc atm. So, i went boomkin for the first time ever, and i like it. I dont intend to play a off specc atm. Im neither a healer nor a tank, if ever then feral, but i am a ranged player, i just dont like melee.

Both. Started because of versatility, to learn the game. Then went specifically for Resto, while still enjoying the versatility. Last time I raided I had to fill in DD (Balance) for some bosses, while doing heals on others.

I got 3 lvl 100 druids because they are awesome in all ways.

I picked druid cause i like Nature aspect of it, i've always like nature and forests. Started out as Kitty-Bear but guild needed Tank so went Bear-Kitty, that was back when we had actual talent tress and 1 spec lol.

I went for the fantasy of it, and I've always wanted to play a Boomkin first time I saw the silly thing.

Also like that I can tank and go melee if I want. I don't usually heal.

I never play the other specs unless I absolutely have to, I don't enjoy them at all. I rolled druid for Balance only.

7+ Year Old Account
    My BC PvP team needed a healer. I picked the druid because of its versatility. However, probably 90% of the play time on the druid has been as resto.

Disregarding the reasons besides specs, I "picked" it for one spec however I've been a Druid since BC so I don't know if I am still picking it anymore or just sticking with it lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Playd Holy Pala back in Wotlk, wanted to try a diffrent healing class... Have learnd to like the other specs, didnt from the begining.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was watching my brother play WoW back in 07, And he was in Shattrath, And some dude came by, Leapt off the Aldor Rise lift then turned into a bird! I was like daaaaaaaaaamn I gotta give that a go, Made my own acc and have mained that druid since, (Nelf) and I also levelled a Tauren too, So I could do the Druid class quests on both sides, Since then I levelled a Troll and a Worgen to max too, to have one of each race, And another two Nelfs on other realms Mained Feral for most of that time, Except when I went with Guardian in MoP

I have always mained resto, especially for PvP. I have raided as everything except Guardian.

Back in the day I picked druid for feral/tank tallents spec and resto. Now in legion because I can be every spec.

I love play all 4 typs of roles and druid is perfect for that.

Feral 100% (On 4 druids @ 100 no less) but I will spec gaurdian if the guild needs me to tank without question. The other two specs aren't even 'options' as far as I'm concerned. I've never even speced them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked it for the aesthetic and lore. Being fun was just an added bonus.

Haven't picked Druid *yet*.

Deciding between Druid/Pally/Monk as my only class for most (if not all) of Legion.

Prefer Paladin Tanking
    Prefer Monk melee
    Prefer Monk healing
    Prefer Monk/Paladin race options (Alliance) and therefore Transmog
    Paladin is my achievement main

-But-

Prefer Druid for it's flexibility having a Range DPS option.

I have no idea what I'll be playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back then I picked druid because it wasn't a dwarf. I knew I wanted to heal, so Priest, Druid or Paladin. I didn't want to pick Paladin, because all they did was buffing and out of combat reviving.

My initial pick was Priest and only dwarf was really viable because of fear ward. I played until level 4 and noped the fuck out because of the female dwarf voice and, well, the short legged monster didn't feel like much fun. Thus my druid was born <3
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Picked druid because Alliance didn't have shamans, it was also a versatility choice back then. Little did I know but I'm glad I have this druid now. Best choice ever.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro