10+ Year Old Account
    If the Unholy weapon is a hook, maybe we should look at places with abominations or where they played a prominent role. In the third Warcraft 3 mission, Arthas and Jaina encountered the very first Abomination (at least the very first ingame). Is that location somehow ingame? Or maybe look around Andorhal, Stratholme, any of the WC3 locations?

Deleted
    Perhaps since we were meant to be "HOOKED" by Ashran in WoD we have to farm ("REAP") 999,999,999 broken "BONES"? But hey, that is just a theory... a game theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    If the Unholy weapon is a hook, maybe we should look at places with abominations or where they played a prominent role. In the third Warcraft 3 mission, Arthas and Jaina encountered the very first Abomination (at least the very first ingame). Is that location somehow ingame? Or maybe look around Andorhal, Stratholme, any of the WC3 locations?
    Majorly notable abominations are:
    Patchwerk, who is a boss in Naxxramas and showed up briefly at the end of the Death Knight starter zone.
    Ramstein the Gorger, who is a boss in Stratholme and is notable for having killed Nathanos Marris (Who in turn gave a quest to kill Ramstein.)
    Stitches, but I think we can rule out Stitches being connected in any way because he wasn't created by the Scourge.

A more unknown one is Tartek the Enraged, who doesn't actually appear in-game, but was apparently considered to be a hero by the Scourge. His parts were made into the Razorfen Downs boss Glutton who was also an abomination, but we can't fight Glutton anymore because of the RFD revamp.

Minorly notable abominations are:
    Bloodfeast, who was a boss in WC3:TFT, guarding the exit of Lordaeron.
    The Butcher, who was a Burning Legion Abomination servant found underneath the Black Temple in Warcraft 3.
    Glutton, who I spoke of above).
    Meathook, who is a boss in Culling of Stratholme.
    Knucklerot and Luzran, who are elites tied to a quest in Ghostlands.
    Borgoth the Bloodletter, who was tied to another quest in Ghostlands.
    And Gordo, Lieutenant Murp, and Sergeant Gorth, who're all separate Abominations but are all Horde-aligned (Thus I think we can count them out.)

Deleted
    Pretty sure the UHDK hidden appearance will be from the Reanimation Order Hall Talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpotion View Post
    Pretty sure the UHDK hidden appearance will be from the Reanimation Order Hall Talent.
    And I'm pretty sure it WON'T be. You know why? Because in Blizzard's philosophy every Death Knight must be able to obtain the hidden appearence. Gameplay > lore, always. If theory of Reanimation would be true, then every DK would choose that talent, effectively making the other one useless. Blizzard would never "force" the players into picking a specific perk like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    And I'm pretty sure it WON'T be. You know why? Because in Blizzard's philosophy every Death Knight must be able to obtain the hidden appearence. Gameplay > lore, always. If theory of Reanimation would be true, then every DK would choose that talent, effectively making the other one useless. Blizzard would never "force" the players into picking a specific perk like that.
    See Havoc (or vengeance? I dunno one of the specs) DH, Destro lock, Frost mages, Brewmaster monks, and uh... I think there's one more.

They all require a specific perk in their order hall to receive it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they've done that with other classes' hidden appearances, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvigar View Post
    I think they've done that with other classes' hidden appearances, though.
    Those take only a day to research and switch to though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Those take only a day to research and switch to though.
    So maybe it comes from Dark Horseman perk ... I am clicking every day on it no luck, If not a bonereaper I wish to have atleast permanent mount from it!

10+ Year Old Account
    So here's some criteria for this artifact appearance, just based on the Bonereaper's Hook item's flavor text, which as a reminder is: "Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

1. It has to be a weapon (most likely not able to be equipped in-game) of some sort that's crude and brutal.

2. The item was given power by the energy of Icecrown Citadel. This means it has to be either a weapon already infused with ICC's energy when we get it, or a weapon we take to Northrend to infuse with ICC's power.

Though I did update this post, I'd like to still rule out the ghost wedding, because there seem to be no weapons involved in the entire scene (Besides our own :P)
    Last edited by Wolvigar; 2016-09-13 at 12:42 PM.

Here is the catch: Other classes already have Artifact appearences that come from specific Class Hall upgrades. And also, it's kinda easy to swap upgrades of the same tier, you don't need to stay at the same one. Right now the Reanimation Order is the best bet.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    Here is the catch: Other classes already have Artifact appearences that come from specific Class Hall upgrades. And also, it's kinda easy to swap upgrades of the same tier, you don't need to stay at the same one. Right now the Reanimation Order is the best bet.
    It's the "best bet" because it isn't available yet... easy to say" oh we can't find it because it isn't out yet".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvigar View Post
    So here's some criteria for this artifact appearance, just based on the Bonereaper's Hook item's flavor text, which as a reminder is: "Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

1. The item was given power by the energy of Icecrown Citadel, and thus has to be connected to Northrend in some way, even if not located there in-game.

2. It has to be a weapon (most likely not able to be equipped in-game) of some sort that's crude and brutal.

This said, I'd like to unfortunately suggest we rule out the ghost wedding. It seems to have nothing to do with either of the above. Right now, in my opinion, Abominations are our best lead.
    As I explained... not neccesarily. Feeding the hook with Icecrown energy might be part of the questline. The original "starting" item might not be connected to ICC at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the "best bet" because it isn't available yet... easy to say" oh we can't find it because it isn't out yet".

- - - Updated - - -

As I explained... not neccesarily. Feeding the hook with Icecrown energy might be part of the questline. The original "starting" item might not be connected to ICC at all.
    I see your point. I'll update my post.

I think everyone is getting too hung up on the flavour text. Wouldn't it make more sense to look around for connections to Apocalypse in the Broken Isles?

Deleted
    Lol, some other classes have theirs from Order Hall Talents so your logic doesn't hold up.

The logic of having to collect piles of bones to make hook wielding abominations holds up to much logic in making The Bonereapers Hook.

But you can keep having your fun jumping to the top of Acherus or whatever you guys are up to nowadays. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giske View Post
    I think everyone is getting too hung up on the flavour text. Wouldn't it make more sense to look around for connections to Apocalypse in the Broken Isles?
    The problem with that is that the flavor text is all we have to go off of for Apocalypse's hidden appearance, and the flavor text heavily implies that the Bonereaper's Hook isn't Apocalypse, at least in weapon lore.

From the text of the weapon it sounds like it's a grey item lying around in Icecrown or somewhere related that we have to do some work on to get the Bonereaper's hook.

But are other class secret skin even related to the flavor text of that skin? I heard blood skin had nothing about the withered scenario in it. So maybe it has nothing to do with Icecrown either.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    HAve been reading the whole day through all the posts and different speculations. I got few thing on my mind that keeps bothereing me. Might not be anything, but thought to share it with you guys.

1. As frost DK you can find 4 x Arthas memory. It cant be coinsidence, that there is allso 4 horsemans. I have been trying to find some sort of bond with the saying / horseman, but i dont know the lore deep enough to solve it. IF there is some sort of connection on the saying / specific horseman, MAYBE the classhall perk with 4 different mount is allso involved somehow.

2. The Symbols in Apocalypse. I tryed to refer them for the symbols in Odin encounter, where ppl gets different "buffs" but seems those dont match. There was a map in one of the replyes for this thread, but im too tired atm to match em with the symbols in HOV. I allso tryed to find some sort of demonic alphabets to sort what the symbols could mean, but found nothing.

As sayd i might be completely off track, but wanted to share my thoughts.

The apperance is called "Bone Reaper" and it's a scythe. Very Grim Reaper/Death. So maybe look at possible sources of inspiration for the weapon outside of WoW lore and look at anything that might be related inside WoW lore?

Perhaps you have to be dead to find whatever it is? Not the first time they've hidden quests that can only be accessed while in ghost form.

I am still wondering if it is actually available right now. Maybe once raids/mythic+ are out we can actually find these. I honestly think Blizz meant current patch as in not 7.1.