15+ Year Old Account

Class for 110 Random BGs?

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some relaxed pvp (i.e. random BGs mostly) and I'm stuck choosing a damage dealing class/spec. I prefer leather melee but I'm open to other suggestions. DHs? WW Monks? Rogues? Other classes?
    Last edited by lexonio; 2016-09-02 at 11:16 PM.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

DH if you want to do broken amounts of damage, even from 30 yards away. Rogue if you want to be literally unkiteable since they have a spammable teleport.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably say Rogue or DH...DH if you want to get to PvP really quick, if you don't have a high level Rogue.

Would say fire mage but... LUL thanks Blizzard

Why do you want to do random BGs? The rewards suck now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Why do you want to do random BGs? The rewards suck now.
    Maybe he enjoys them. Weird, people playing a game because they enjoy it, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a shitload of fun on my monk, 1v1 lord. Demonhunters do a shitton of damage though with that metamorph.

The only problem with demonhunters I have is that Monk offers a lot more in terms of where I can show off some skill. Putting that sick port up before running in, when shit gets bad you port back and then you just get the fuck out of there etc.

I was gonna choose between a monk and demonhunter as a main for Legion, monk won though. I think i'll have a mage and rogue as alts.
    Rogue and mage ar just two classes I always pick because of their playstyle, high mobility, control and damage. Legion did really reignite the love I had for WW monks in mists.

Btw if you are thinking of mages look at the fire nerfs, they got hit quite bad. I'll go frost anyways but it might be something you could consider.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    I'm having a shitload of fun on my monk, 1v1 lord. Demonhunters do a shitton of damage though with that metamorph.

The only problem with demonhunters I have is that Monk offers a lot more in terms of where I can show off some skill. Putting that sick port up before running in, when shit gets bad you port back and then you just get the fuck out of there etc.

I was gonna choose between a monk and demonhunter as a main for Legion, monk won though. I think i'll have a mage and rogue as alts.
    Rogue and mage ar just two classes I always pick because of their playstyle, high mobility, control and damage. Legion did really reignite the love I had for WW monks in mists.

Btw if you are thinking of mages look at the fire nerfs, they got hit quite bad. I'll go frost anyways but it might be something you could consider.
    Thanks, I really appreciate such a detailed answer. If others may elaborate, I'd be grateful.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.

You can't go wrong with WW Monk/DH/Rogue. They have mobility and damage, important assets in random BG where teams are not coordinated. You can quickly go to a hot zone, or get out of bad situations quickly.

In my personal opinion, the damage and survivability of these 3 classes are inversely related. DH does most damage, lowest survivability. Rogue lowest damage, highest survivability. Monk in between.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for some relaxed pvp (i.e. random BGs mostly) and I'm stuck choosing a damage dealing class/spec. I prefer leather melee but I'm open to other suggestions. DHs? WW Monks? Rogues? Other classes?
    DH has insane burst. That's all you have. You are as squishy as a rotten banana. I really dont enjoy playing a Demon Hunter right now. You may not believe what i'm going to say but DH is not that mobile at all. Since everyone is playing a class with never ending stuns and roots i'm just standing and waiting for my death.
    Last edited by Makatafinger; 2016-09-03 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    Currently lvl 108 with my WW monk, and I'm leveling a lot through random BGs. I don't miss anything on my monk, in most BGs I can be the top DPS / KB. There's survivability, damage, mobility, CC, burst, sustained dps... everything.

The only thing that is VERY VERY annoying are the Roll and FSK bugs, but those will get fixed... in like 4 - 5 months... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I'd probably say Rogue or DH...DH if you want to get to PvP really quick, if you don't have a high level Rogue.
    Rogue seems to have a high learning curve. Outlaw may be better /shrug. I don't think I'd suggest Rogue to anyone who hasn't already figured out that's what they want to do. Unless you figure "just stealth until you can find a group where you have numbers, then back stab and help mop up, then restealth". Plenty of those types of Rogues in randoms.

I haven't played a Demon Hunter, but their mobility and seeing stealth and what not seems a bit OP, so that might be nice. Otherwise, Warrior or Healer (any that you are comfortable with) tend to be my picks for BG scrubs.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2016-09-03 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Currently lvl 108 with my WW monk, and I'm leveling a lot through random BGs. I don't miss anything on my monk, in most BGs I can be the top DPS / KB. There's survivability, damage, mobility, CC, burst, sustained dps... everything.

The only thing that is VERY VERY annoying are the Roll and FSK bugs, but those will get fixed... in like 4 - 5 months... maybe.
    Holy fuck yes, those bugging out constantly is so fucking annoying. Ah im getting low, lets FSK away from them to heal up, jk it bugs an you hang in the air not moving taking all the damage anyways. I died so many times to that.

But on topic, i like monks a lot more in 2s/3s skirmishes atm then bgs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Rogue seems to have a high learning curve. Outlaw may be better /shrug. I don't think I'd suggest Rogue to anyone who hasn't already figured out that's what they want to do. Unless you figure "just stealth until you can find a group where you have numbers, then back stab and help mop up, then restealth". Plenty of those types of Rogues in randoms.

I haven't played a Demon Hunter, but their mobility and seeing stealth and what not seems a bit OP, so that might be nice. Otherwise, Warrior or Healer (any that you are comfortable with) tend to be my picks for BG scrubs.
    Yeah, thanks, the thing is I have loads of Rogue experience, but I fear I may be leveling a wrong class only to find out that WW monks are superior in every aspect.