Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Every time I see this thread title I keep reading it as "Obama patents face surgery"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    heh, think my body got used to operating at 1200-1300 calories. Been the same weight forever, so Im at the point of needing to introduce exercise. I cant really eat below 1200 because every doctor ever told me that 1200 is the bare minimum I should eat anyways...

Is that a thing? where your body adjusts to a certain calorie intake after losing X amount of pounds?
    You will never know if you are attractive. It's up to a man to tell you that.

You keep eating, and i'll tell you when to stop.

-Cotton Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    10% doesn't seem draconian. So if you weight 250 pounds you have to lose 25? You could do that by cutting out sugary snacks and drinks.
    What if you already don't eat any of those things?

OT
    Just like elderly are rarely operated on the overweight fall into the same risk pools and due to the dangers of their size and health are often turned down for anything that is even remotely elective. Time to look in the mirror if you are so unhealthy you can't even have basic surgeries done to you because of your size.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Just like elderly are rarely operated on the overweight fall into the same risk pools and due to the dangers of their size and health are often turned down for anything that is even remotely elective. Time to look in the mirror if you are so unhealthy you can't even have basic surgeries done to you because of your size.
    Except this has nothing to do with medical risks. It's beancounters desperately searching for acceptable targets to reject so their political masters can cut taxes further.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Wanted to highlight a move by one particular NHS Trust in the UK. Basically, people over a certain BMI, might be refused operations directly related to their weight, such as knee and hip operations, for at least a year. If they can shed 10% of their weight, they can rejoin the waiting lists at that moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-37265752

What do you guys think a move such as this? As free healthcare systems struggle with the increasing number of obese people, changes need to be made. What are the alternatives? Fat-taxs on sugar foods etc have seen popularity plummet, so what are the other options?

(edit: forgot the link!)
    It shouldn't be based on BMI, BMI promotes an unhealthy lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are they going to stop treating people who drank themselves to sickness or smoked themselves there? Maybe they already leave those people to die and I just don't know being an ignorant American.
    You raised an important argument, well done!

If fat people can be denied treatment on the grounds that their ailments are self-inflicted, then it only follows that those who excessively smoke, drink, or do drugs can be denied treatment for their ailments. Fair is fair.
    "Listen widely to remove your doubts and be careful when speaking about the rest, and your mistakes will be few..." — Confucius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Screw all that BS. They say that being unfit is 2x more deadly than being obese so to get into hospital you should need to submit to the "bleep" test.
    Most people don't understand this and also seem to lack empathy. I've chunky my whole life and I competitively played DDR and was nationally ranked. I can run over 16 miles an hour for some distance. I'm still kind of big. The numbers alone would have many in this thread claiming that I'm barely worth survival and certainly not surgery if something happened to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    I'll take People Who Don't Know What The Fuck They're Talking About for 2000, Alex.
    You just wasted you turn, the board moves to the next player.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It disgusts me that my tax dollars were ever spent on this. A permanent ban I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It disgusts me that my tax dollars were ever spent on this. A permanent ban I hope?
    You don't live in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You don't live in the UK.
    I pay taxes though. I visited the UK just recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I pay taxes though. I visited the UK just recently.
    You did, or the person your portray on the forum did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You did, or the person your portray on the forum did?
    I did
    I have pics to prove it too.

Deleted
    In Belgium I don't mind the surgery as much as I do the majority of the refund of the surgery. It's treated as it's something you couldn't prevent even though 99.99% chooses to become obese.