Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Does MW healing fails?

Hi All,

I'm main WW spec, but for an off-spec I decided to invest into MW, rather than BrM, because I think the lore is very strong and loved the artifact quest. Level 107 atm.

I was doing dungeons the other day as MW. Generally I think I have good graps on priority. Trying to have the HoT up on 2 targets, Rising Sun Kick for Thunder Tea ( fistweaving is a win for me), using Healing Mists with Statue and spam Vivify/ Effuse depending on procs and if Team/Tank is dropping low in large chunks. Using She'lun's gifst only on 8+ stacks and of course the other CD's.

We were doing Eye of Azshara and there is this Snake-boss (3rd one I think) which in his 2nd phase deals quite a lot of AoE damage. On our first attempt there was a ninja-pull and we died because of way too much AoE damage. On the 2nd try, we almost died (only thank survived) despite my using Revival, Spamming Vivify on all targets and whatever I could do.

After that I was blamed that my healing sux and that my monks suck at healing this expansion.
    So my question is ... Is this true? Was it simply boss mechanics that were too strong? Were my team too bad and sat in stuff? Or did I do something wrong in my rotation?

My staff is like lvl 4, so it's not exactly 0 levels. I noticed after the fight that I have my Agility Trinkets on, rather than my Intel ones, but that's about 500 Intel more I guess? This is the only piece of gear that needs change between my specs...

Your group probably ignored the other snakes that spawned, they do most of the damage. And MW healing gets a lot better once you get more traits at 110.
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

Deleted
    More than likely, the dps failed to kill the other heads fast enough instead of healing being an issue there. Honestly I had a rough time healing this instance until people knew how to handle the boss mechanics. The giant boss is a pain too if you got no idea what you're doing. There is no aoe to speak of on the snake boss if additional heads are killed off asap.

Deleted
    So, I cant say I'm an expert so I'm not going to give advice, but. i have not struggled at all. I'm a BrM tank, and i healed a bunch of heroic dungeons with 0 ap (well the first 1 only) If you're taking that much aoe damage i am guessing the dps didn't kill the add snakes when they came up hence the mass aoe damage (I hope i got the right boss...).
    Are you using Essence font at all? and are you casts of Enveloping Mists/Renewing Mists?
    I've found MW very... instinctive. I sometimes try and spam Renewing to uplift but that's not a thing anymore.
    Last edited by mmocd916115769; 2016-09-07 at 09:00 AM.

Tank should stay on the green one at all times. If he leave it alone you will have to deal with the aoe cray dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entenei View Post
    So, I cant say I'm an expert so I'm not going to give advice, but. i have not struggled at all. I'm a BrM tank, and i healed a bunch of heroic dungeons with 0 ap (well the first 1 only) If you're taking that much aoe damage i am guessing the dps didn't kill the add snakes when they came up hence the mass aoe damage (I hope i got the right boss...).
    Are you using Essence font at all? and are you casts of Enveloping Mists/Renewing Mists?
    I've found MW very... instinctive. I sometimes try and spam Renewing to uplift but that's not a thing anymore.
    Honestly, I found Essence Font rather lacking output wise. I use Vivify a lot more. But getting slightly offtopic here.

Deleted
    Well, not really off topic as he/she was asking about aoe healing. and that's what the spell does.
    I have had success with using it before the aoe dmg comes to help with the hot it applies and the gusts effect twice. Not saying one should spam it, but it might help in situations where you know the aoe is coming.
    Never the less, i feel that we all agree the problem sounds like it was not the healing.

Yeah, I felt it was a bit of a mechanics problem, because I had no issues at the other bosses. Non the less, I had the Prot Warrior outhealing me. He was 110, but still it was pretty crazy to see his 90k HPS, compared to my 50-60HPS ...

Any tips of how to use the Staff (spell) better? In genera, how are those "Clouds" even generated? Is it a simple RNG/Chance on cast to generate a cloud, or something else?
    How many of you have been fistweaving successfully at 110 with the "right" tallent?

Even warr being 110 and you 107 is pretty hard to see a scenario where the tank outheals you in a boss fight, during trash is fine but in a boss fight? I'm healing with mw and so far is a breeze...

Like some others said, it sounds like DPS didn't kill the blazing heads, and if they don't do that, no amount of effort on the healer's part can guarantee survival. Particularly if all four blazing heads are up. If DPS get on the blazing heads as soon as they appear, so that they go down fast, then you as healer can take care of the rest.

My prot warr often outheal me. But I'm in a nice premade with dps who knows what they are doing so that I can dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a few runs where people don't kill the heads on that boss. Still get the kill, is actually pretty fun to heal.

These days I tend to just DPS in dungeons and throw out instant EnM on people that needs it. If I need to heal more then I'll do that, but doesn't seem to be necessary. I tend to wait until their HP is low enough to warrant a EnM.

Haven't really done much pugs yet, so no idea how all that will turn out.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Dubruts View Post
    Even warr being 110 and you 107 is pretty hard to see a scenario where the tank outheals you in a boss fight, during trash is fine but in a boss fight? I'm healing with mw and so far is a breeze...
    I can see how, on meters ignore pain counts as healing. I frequently see most warriors keeping pace with my mistweaver. I usually out heal them but they are not that far behind. With the level difference, and artifact power difference it does not seem that unlikely that they would be outhealed by ignore pain on a meter.

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    I can see how, on meters ignore pain counts as healing. I frequently see most warriors keeping pace with my mistweaver. I usually out heal them but they are not that far behind. With the level difference, and artifact power difference it does not seem that unlikely that they would be outhealed by ignore pain on a meter.
    Ignore pain is stupidly broken, you can do a Mythic dungeon without healing the tank if they use it right. I wouldn't even consider making comparisons here, there is no way this will be the way it is when the raids open.

To answer the topic, I find at lower gear levels I struggled quite a bit, but now that I'm 844, I can heal a mythic without even paying attention. They scale EXTREMELY well. I can push out 400K HPS+ if needed, and my soothing mist (with statue) can do a constant 150k HPS to the tank. It's insanely strong.
    The AoE feels very weak too at lower gear levels, I'd say prior to around 830, don't even use essence font, it's too inefficient, throw out free vivify's and hope for the best. again, at 844, a well timed essence font can completely negate a boss's AoE mechanic. Mythic Rokmora for example, I do an essence font 1 second before the shatter, a bit of the base heal hits after shatter, and you get a decent pre-hot on the group too. I don't need to do a single thing to top the group off apart from that one essence font. Different story last week when I did it at ilvl 830 ish. I did the same thing + several vivify's and I had to use revival on one too.

TLDR : MW is weak initially, but as your gear up they become incredibly strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Mythic Rokmora for example, I do an essence font 1 second before the shatter, a bit of the base heal hits after shatter, and you get a decent pre-hot on the group too. I don't need to do a single thing to top the group off apart from that one essence font. Different story last week when I did it at ilvl 830 ish. I did the same thing + several vivify's and I had to use revival on one too.
    Does 10 iLvl really make that much difference? I did mythic rokmora last night at 830ish iLvl and had to burn some serious mana to keep everyone alive, to go from that to "press essence font once" seems a bit of a leap. I think its more likely artifact traits in combination with that - how many points are you on currently?

As for the original topic - mistweavers are great. I got compliments last night for being able to heal people through mechanics that are NOT meant to be healed through lol. They seem really flexible and extremely mobile. I'd like a shorter CD on life cocoon or the artifact to gain charges faster but thats just nitpicking. Very powerful and enjoyable class.

Deleted
    Just take chi-ji :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing around with statue lately myself and I actually do like it. It does more healing than Chi-ji over the course of a instance - mostly because I dont really use Chi-ji on trash. Compared on bosses, they're pretty equal, with Chi-ji pulling ahead if guildies are being bad.

Statue isn't really bad, but it's not really that great, either.. Does the legendary that makes soothing mist cleave also make statue cleave?
    Hi

I've played with a MW munk in every mythic dungeon so far and she has had no issues at all. They seem to have a bit less mana to work with than some other classes but the difference between one healing class and another does not seem to be as big as the difference between some DPS specs this expantion.

If people stand in crap, they will die. I'm amazed that you guys can stand healing pugs. I'd lose my mind after the first trash pull. I'm no healer though, so maybe I just don't have the mindset for it.

Most problems I have had healing in dungeons comes from DPS players not doing their job (killing adds, interrupting abilities, stunning adds, etc). It's easier to blame the healer, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbinge View Post
    Does 10 iLvl really make that much difference? I did mythic rokmora last night at 830ish iLvl and had to burn some serious mana to keep everyone alive, to go from that to "press essence font once" seems a bit of a leap. I think its more likely artifact traits in combination with that - how many points are you on currently?

As for the original topic - mistweavers are great. I got compliments last night for being able to heal people through mechanics that are NOT meant to be healed through lol. They seem really flexible and extremely mobile. I'd like a shorter CD on life cocoon or the artifact to gain charges faster but thats just nitpicking. Very powerful and enjoyable class.
    Rokmora barely does any damage unless everyone is moving arround.

If you gear to much haste and mastery essence font will be quite low healing output, once you get more crit and verse instead you will see it outscale vivify alot. The spell is incredible.

Unlike other healers, monks do have a couple of healing spells that costs no mana.