Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Kosumoth the Hungering Entrance Screenshots

As title says, if you find the entrance to one of the caves post it below. The coords given on WOWhead and that seem off. Will be posting mine if I find them.

Before more people comment - THE MOUNT AND PET ARE FROM A WORLD QUEST! Not from repeatedly farming the boss!

YOU MUST DO THE ATTUNEMENT TO BE ABLE TO GET BOTH.

Given co-ords and order and prerequisite is given in the comment here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=138258/r...nts:id=2389660, and also on the Fathom Dweller page on WoWhead.

~Credit to Coconut for their comment below that helped guide me to the places to take the screenshots~

ALL SCREENSHOTS HAVE CO-ORDS IN THE SCREENY - Right click > Open Image in New Tab/Window to be able to see the co-ords.

First Orb: Aszuna Cave.
    Is NOT where the co-ords take you, is in the roots of the tree below. Literally walk forward in this spot and squirm around and you will find it.

Second Orb: Stormheim Cave
    Once again, co-ords off (co-ords given seem to take you to the actual ORB not the entrance which is a bit stupid).
    I had to run off to the left, past the owlcat, up to the right and drop down onto the ledge to get to it.
    Cave has a mob, 111+, 86mil health AND one shots (so I found out) BUT can be CC-d apparently.

Third Orb: Valsharah
    Behind these trees. The cave winds down a bit. Also there is a mob in here and his cast hurts A LOT so nuke him down or get a pet or stun him, he is immune to CC.

Fourth Orb: Broken Shore Cave
    Swim in the water near Drek all the way down into fatigue and its obvious.

Fifth Orb: Aszuna Leylines Cave
    Literally just run into this and you will fall into the cave. Orb is over to the left wrapped in some roots or something.

Sixth Orb: Off-Map Stormheimish Cave
    Worst cave. Easy to find and the shark gave me a spook, pretty much just swim down. The cave is full of geysers that one-shot.

Seventh Orb: Highmountain Cave
    Looks like it is in the cave but its actually hidden to the right behind the bushes. Orb is inside the skeleton skull. Go to Skyhorn, run past the rocs/harpies to where the harpy nests are. Go right up around the mountain and you have to drop off the side and land on the bit sticking out. You can see the cover over the cave.

Eighth Orb: Aszuna Cave
    Pretty straight forward, gap under the tree. However I got stuck trying to find the orb. Comments say that it's under the shrub at the BACK of the cave, but it's actually under the shrub on the middle pillar bit. Screenshot below shows the shrubbery.

Ninth Orb: World Map Ship - Below Eye of Azshara Island
    Giant overturned ship underwater below the lower pointy island on the Eye of Azshara map. Swim down to the front of the ship and there is an entrance behind some seaweed. When you get inside, swim up and move between the open bits of the walls. When you get to the other side, swim down and there is another opening behind some seaweed. This takes you to a cave, and the orb is on the right side, up the back under the water.

Tenth Orb: Back at Drek!
    On his desk. Click it and he laughs at you

Last edited by TacoCatt; 2016-09-15 at 01:39 PM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

They're not but I'm sure he's already unlocked on your realm by now, just camp him on Azshara, 5-7 minute respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    They're not but I'm sure he's already unlocked on your realm by now, just camp him on Azshara, 5-7 minute respawn.
    If you don't do the attunement yourself, you are killing it for nothing. The mount and pet come from world quests that unlock once you meet the requirements, not from his actual loot table.

On beta he was just in the middle of the zone above ground. Why is there suddenly talk of caves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    On beta he was just in the middle of the zone above ground. Why is there suddenly talk of caves?
    The mob doesn't drop anything. Farming him is a waste of time. The mount/pet comes from a world quest, which you only get if you've done the lengthy attunement event involving finding all the orbs in various caves!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Well, I can't go back to them now, but I'll give you a few descriptions to help you on the way Taco:

Second cave: on the left side of the road from Suramar into Stormheim, very close to the border. If you turn nameplates on, you can see the elite spirit inside from below. To get there, just go up the hill from Suramar towards the big dragon cave, but turn right instead and you should end up above this one.

Third Cave: Just south of the rare Sersei, also in the roots of a tree. There is a small branching cave with two rooms; the orb is guarded by an elite arcane elemental, which will rape you. Prepare a stun or a cooldown to get the orb.

Fourth cave: Off the edge into fatigue waters, masked by a big rock slab. Swim down underneath it and the entrance should be easy to find.

Fifth cave: Inside the big crystal/arcane rift at the Ley Ruins of Zarkhenar. On the right side as you head north, in the middle of a bunch of trees. Very hard to see, but once you step between those trees you will sort of just fall into it.

Sixth cave: North of the big island with elites in the north-east of Stormheim. There is a sunken monument with its hand just coming out; the cave is at the base of that monument, under water, and it's fairly easy to find.

Seventh cave: It's NOT the big cave that will be rather obvious on that ledge; it's on the right as you face the cave, obscured by vegetation. To get to the ledge, I went north from Skyhorn and up the snowy peak, almost to the hut you can see on the map above Skyhorn, and then I dropped down on the ledge below (you can also see it on the map). There may be a better route, I don't know.

Eighth cave: Same as before, hidden in roots/vegetation.

Ninth cave: Inside an upside-down sunken ship that looks like it has no conceivable way inside at first. It's interior is a micro-labyrinth in itself, but there IS an entrance to a large cave somewhere at the end. Make sure you don't run out of breath :P

Tenth orb: It's the one on Drak'thul's altar.

P.S. Two of the caves have geysers in them that hit for a lot, be careful not to step on them.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2016-09-07 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Looks like the orbs have some sort of cooldown, because i cannot click the second orb

I have been sitting at Orb #5 for an hour now and it has not become available to click. #4 took a 10-15 minute wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm realm hopped and found an active one. Time for #6.

Been sitting on the first one for hour still not clickable=\

Deleted
    6th one is really bad, it is in the great sea, so realm hopping is quite hard. Like 20 people standing on the orb
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2016-09-07 at 12:27 PM.

The only issue I'm having with 6th is the amount of people here, the Alliance and the insane run back.

Just about to quit for the night. Feels a bit too competitive atm. The cooldown on the orb is a bit dumb seeing as these areas aren't easy to get to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    6th one is really bad, it is in the great sea, so realm hopping is quite hard. Like 20 people standing on the orb
    I tried to stand on the orb and got one shot by the steam .___.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2016-09-07 at 12:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, I was watching people farm it for ages and no one believed me when I told them to go attune themselves. It took me about 2 hours to do today and was awarded the pet when the World Quest popped. I guess the Kosumoth World Quests are on a lock-out or randomly cycle once you've attuned yourself.

Thank you so much for sharing this. Luckily I managed to locate the weird stormheim/suramar cave. Currently waiting for the orb to become clickable. The things I do for tentacle pets. xD

Someone posted a video of the process on wowhead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gy4iJGhD_E Looks pretty helpful, especially for the 9th orb, inside that sunken ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Cam anyone give co-ords of 6th cave?
    67,14 on the Broken Isles continent map.

It's north of that island in Stormheim, but it's too high up to fit on the Stormheim map. Should be easy to find if you get there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Cam anyone give co-ords of 6th cave?

Giving up for the night. Too many people on my realm sitting their arses on the orb. Not enough groups in group finder to realm hop and the group I was in for ages finally kicked me.

Will post more screenshots if I get past the sixth orb at some point tomorrow.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2016-09-07 at 01:08 PM.

Do I have to like speak to Drek-thar first or just hit the orbs to get attuned?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Do I have to like speak to Drek-thar first or just hit the orbs to get attuned?
    You have to speak with Drek'thar, get the relic from a cave in the middle of Broken Shore, go back to Drek'thar and keep talking to him until he has nothing to say, and then get all the orbs all the way back to his.

Check the video I linked in a previous comment.

Omg I'm not sure if I got one or not, I think the arcane servitude thing interrupted me. Idk if I got it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Omg I'm not sure if I got one or not, I think the arcane servitude thing interrupted me. Idk if I got it xD
    If you succeeded it would have glowed dark purple briefly afterwards. I just died getting it on my druid but managed to interrupt its cast in order to click before dying. xD