Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ha-ha, "fear-mongering". I bet, Ulmita, that if the same news was published about, say, Clinton, you would be like, "Ha, I told you she was bad!" But since it is about your beloved Vlad, it's gotta be fear-mongering!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    The idea behind a bunker is that even if they target them they cannot be destroyed.
    Yeah... You won't find a bunker on this planet that has strong enough blast door to withstand a hit, even close one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ha-ha, "fear-mongering". I bet, Ulmita, that if the same news was published about, say, Clinton, you would be like, "Ha, I told you she was bad!" But since it is about your beloved Vlad, it's gotta be fear-mongering!
    There's plenty of fearmongering in both sides, Russia and those that dislike Hillary.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Building them in Moscow doesn't make sense.

I mean, think about it - if it really came to the point where you need fancy new nuclear bunkers to survive a nuclear war, Moscow is going to be pretty high on the list of direct targets.

A direct hit on Moscow means one of a couple things:
    1) Bunkers aren't usually designed to survive a direct hit
    2) A direct hit from a modern nuke means like... centuries of fatal radioactivity in the area, are you going to live in that bunker for millennia?

Even if I thought this were true (I don't), I would still think it was a bad idea.
    No it is actually a very good idea from every perspective.

a) You don't build bunkers to outlast radiation. You build bunkers for a couple of months until evacuations can begin.
    b) They are building "dozens" of them some around Moscow and not only.
    c) They are continuing to construct a huge ass bunker under a mountain which is said to be hundreds of square kms in size and under some 3000 feet of rock. Such thing is safe from anything but a big asteroid hitting on that mountain. (Yamantau Mountain Complex)

The thing is this: Russia never stopped constructing bunkers even after the Soviet Union collapse. Why all of the sudden this is news?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I would bet misinformation more than fear mongering. At least it being released is. People can use almost any info to fear monger these days.

But isn't it fear mongering dude? They have never stopped building those things. Why publish this now and in so dramatic way?
    Maybe because November is around the corner ? Just saying,,, ??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I would bet misinformation more than fear mongering. At least it being released is. People can use almost any info to fear monger these days.
    Wait dude. Didn't you read the article? You can't go more fear monger than this?

PUTIN IS BUILDING BUNKERS
    PUTIN IS PREPARING A FIRST STRIKE
    RUSSIA IS PREPARING FOR WW3
    RUSSIA IS BUILDING NUKE THAT CAN DESTROY FRANCE IN ONE HIT

yada yada yada

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    But isn't it fear mongering dude? They have never stopped building those things. Why publish this now and in so dramatic way?
    Maybe because November is around the corner ? Just saying,,, ??
    It is just an article with hysterical rhetoric. One article is by no means "fear-mongering"...

And, come on now, Dailymail is a British paper, it has nothing to do with November.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it is actually a very good idea from every perspective.

The thing is this: Russia never stopped constructing bunkers even after the Soviet Union collapse. Why all of the sudden this is news?
    If we're really dropping MT nukes on Moscow, there ain't no evacuation coming - not to mention one that's going to mosy on down to Red Square and ferry out survivors from Lenin's crypt.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait dude. Didn't you read the article? You can't go more fear monger than this?

PUTIN IS BUILDING BUNKERS
    PUTIN IS PREPARING A FIRST STRIKE
    RUSSIA IS PREPARING FOR WW3
    RUSSIA IS BUILDING NUKE THAT CAN DESTROY FRANCE IN ONE HIT

yada yada yada

Thats the paper fear mongering not Putin.

It is just an article with hysterical rhetoric. One article is by no means "fear-mongering"...

And, come on now, Dailymail is a British paper, it has nothing to do with November.
    It is not one article. They are many, and they all source:

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...command-posts/

who in terms sources USA and NATO officials like generals and pentagon dudes.

Deleted
    Fallout: New Vegas here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If we're really dropping MT nukes on Moscow, there ain't no evacuation coming - not to mention one that's going to mosy on down to Red Square and ferry out survivors from Lenin's crypt.
    We as what? Canadians? We dont have any nukes

If USA launches from mainland, Russia has 30-40 minutes to evacuate. If they launch from subs, maybe half of that, or even less.
    In any case the vast majority will die for sure.

It is not one article. They are many, and they all source:

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...command-posts/

who in terms sources USA and NATO officials like generals and pentagon dudes.
    It's not fear-mongering... the dailymail is a British tabloid, and the freebeacon is an American tabloid.

Tabloids are garbage for news. They're on the same level as RT and sputnik.

Those are the only sources reporting on this garbage.

Stop using tabloids as actual news sources.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    It's not fear-mongering... the dailymail is a British tabloid, and the freebeacon is an American tabloid.

Tabloids are garbage for news. They're on the same level as RT and sputnik.

Those are the only sources reporting on this garbage.

Stop using tabloids as actual news sources.
    But according to Ulmita RT and sputnik is the only non biased news there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Sarmat missile could deliver a warhead of 40 megatons - 2,000 times as powerful as the atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.Zvezda reported the missile could destroy an area the size of France or Texas.
    This is a 50 megaton missile hitting France...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This is a 50 megaton missile hitting France...

I am not an expert but from what i've been reading people tent to generally agree and by people i mean experts and military analysts in all sides. The satan, a 20 Megaton class icbm which is still in use, scared and is still scaring the fuck out of the americans and it was the biggest debate when russia and usa talked about the start treaty.

I am assuming that they are referring to radiation fall out and in the fact that the specific missile can carry up to 15 independently targetable reentry vehicles of what? 2-3 Megatons each? Now imagine this thing spraying megaton class warheads across your 15 biggest cities.

This missile, if ever finished, it will change the way and nature of deterrence.

I am not an expert but from what i've been reading people tent to generally agree and by people i mean experts and military analysts in all sides. The satan, a 20 Megaton class icbm which is still in use, scared and is still scaring the fuck out of the americans and it was the biggest debate when russia and usa talked about the start treaty.

I am assuming that they are referring to radiation fall out and in the fact that the specific missile can carry up to 15 independently targetable reentry vehicles of what? 2-3 Megatons each? Now imagine this thing spraying megaton class warheads across your 15 biggest cities.

This missile, if ever finished, it will change the way and nature of deterrence.
    Scares who? There's not going to be a war with Russia. Russia has a very weak economy, oil is going to drop to $10 a barrel they say. You can't wage wage with an economy that weak.

Now the US? We can wage war for centuries standing atop our mountain range high stacks of money. And we have dozens of allies. Russia's only ally is Syria.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember World War II? The Russians had zero apprehension at sending millions of cannon fodder at Hitler. No cares given.
    If you think the Kremlin feels any different today you are deluded.
    They'll pull the trigger if pushed to. The West is getting desperate and playing a hardcore game of brinkmanship.

I can easily envision nukes popping.
    Last edited by Dsc; 2016-09-08 at 01:58 PM.

Good use of money by an impotent loser.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yeah... You won't find a bunker on this planet that has strong enough blast door to withstand a hit, even close one.
    That's why bunker with door r under mountains, good luck trying to take on of those out.