Artifact trait question

So I've read a lot of guides and they all say the same, aim for call to the void (golden) after mass hysteria (golden).

My question is, is it not worth taking the one point in sinister thoughts (15% void bolt damage) on the way? All the guides skip it and go back after call to the void (golden). Void bolt is usually around 3rd in my spell rankings in single target fights.
    Last edited by kpii; 2016-09-09 at 01:09 AM.

You'll probably have both by the time raids and M+ arrive, but in the mean time it's personal preference. Call to the Void is more damage than Sinister thoughts is, but Sinister Thoughts is something you can pick up sooner.

My feeling is you want to go towards call to the void without sinister thoughts because of how Touch of darkness (+5/10/15%) to vampiric touch interacts with mass hysteria.

It strongly depends on what you are doing and when you are doing it, primarily for raiding.

If you are for absolutely sure going to hit raids with the whole set (24 points), then yes, go Call to the Void picking up Sinister thoughts along the way, and then take the long route to Mass Hysteria. It's way better to have the left side in the dungeons/questing you'll be doing to gear up. If there's a chance you won't have 24 points on the day raids come out, Mass Hysteria is better than anything else, and you're probably better off getting 15% damage to Void Bolt than risking not getting EITHER that or Call.

If you aren't going to raid, absolutely go the left side first.