Order Advancement Warriors

Was figuring out the best advancements. Feel free to discuss.

Odyns Favor > Forced March > Havenly Forge > Ascension > Spoils of War > Legends

Didnt test "For Honor and Glory".
    Last edited by kimicate; 2016-08-15 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimicate View Post
    Was figuring out the best advancements. Feel free to discuss.

Odyns Favor > Forced March > Havenly Forge > Ascension > Spoils of War > Legends

Didnt test "For Honor and Glory".
    Top picks are bolded.

• Odyn's Favor - Even if you have completely terrible gear, it becomes useless at max level. The bonus rolls are neat, but gear really isn't as enabling or limiting as one might think while leveling.
    • Rallying Cry - Not amazing, but better than the alternative, and you'll at least you always get something out of it. With some planning, it can be really useful to send out difficult missions after reset.
      Note that the companion app doesn't show an icon for this bonus when active, but it does calculate it in the % chance to succeed.

• For Honor and Glory - The chest only seems to give potions, flasks, and food; it's also possible to get an extra Bladestorm trinket, but it's not as useful as that might sound. Note that it's currently bugged and you can loot the chest even without this research.
    • Forced March - Really good for getting the multi-day class campaign missions, and later level 100 missions, which are 12h+ in duration.
      Note that the companion app doesn't show an icon for this bonus and the base times will be shown without reduction (ie: a 4hr mission will show as 4hrs rather than 3.2hrs). Once the mission is sent, it will display the adjusted time.

• Abundant Valor - Missions are limited by Champions, not Troops, and half the time you don't need them anyway, especially as later missions have more counters.
    • Heavenly Forge - Easily the fastest way to gear up your Champions, though there will be a lot of waste. I suggest starting here and changing later on down the road.

• Trial by Fire - Standard troops are still outclassed by Valks even with the 5% bonus.
    • Ascension - Probably the best for reaching bonus loot percentages.

• Spoils of War - Small bonus, but always useful, especially early on when you want to make sure you have a good stockpile of resources. Keep in mind that while you may have seemingly useless stockpile of excess resources for the moment, they can be used to purchase up to three raid seals (bonus roll coins) for 1k, 2k, and 4k resources respectively per week.
    • Val'kyr Call - Sounds nice, but world quests really aren't that difficult. Maybe worthwhile if the Warrior is only an alt that you don't want to spend a lot of time on, or there are certain quests that you really just don't want to do.
      Note that this cannot complete rare (blue) missions, which are typically the most difficult to complete anyway, which severely diminishes it's usefulness!

• Legends of Ragnarok - Obvious.

There are some alternate choices, but for the most part these are automatic picks for me. The only real choice comes in the form of Tier IV, Trial by Fire vs Ascension, but the way I look at it makes for an easy decision. Advanced Troops (+30%) are better than Basic Troops (+15%) even with the extra 5% bonus, so you're only really going to use basic troops when you have to, generally to fill out 1 Champion missions that you just want to complete, not get the bonus for. When it comes to getting bonus loot, you're going to want to use as large of bonuses as you can, which means Advanced Troops are an automatic pick. Ascension may not always be useful, but you're going to like having it when it is, and it'll make getting high bonus loot chances that much easier. This will become especially important during higher ilvl dungeon and raid missions which start at -15% to -30% chance to succeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    snip
    Agree with you on almost everything here, Archi, but had a question regarding the first tier and what you said about respeccing. In beta, on almost all of my characters, I always took the Tier 1 Upgrade Gear option and then respecced it shortly before hitting 110.

Do you really think the minimal respec time on T1 isn't worth the upgraded gear throughout leveling? Or rather, since you stated that you do not, do you think it's more of a preference thing, or do you solidly think it is a waste of the albeit small amount of order resources and time.

• Ascension - Standard troops are still outclassed by Valks even with the 5% bonus.
    • Trail by Fire - Probably the best for reaching bonus loot percentages.
    Ascension buffs Valks and Trail by Fire Aspirants.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Agree with you on almost everything here, Archi, but had a question regarding the first tier and what you said about respeccing. In beta, on almost all of my characters, I always took the Tier 1 Upgrade Gear option and then respecced it shortly before hitting 110.

Do you really think the minimal respec time on T1 isn't worth the upgraded gear throughout leveling? Or rather, since you stated that you do not, do you think it's more of a preference thing, or do you solidly think it is a waste of the albeit small amount of order resources and time.
    For T1, no, the one day delay isn't going to make a large difference. However, it's important to remember that you can't respec while researching something else, so unless you manage to time your leveling extremely well, you're far more likely to end up in the middle of researching T2 or T3 and not be able to respec for a week or more.

As I wrote out above, this isn't a huge deal, as the T1 bonus is pretty minor, but it is something to be aware of, especially if you plan on respeccing more than once.

As an aside, I actually used this trait twice with pre-made characters that I leveled up to 110 to test leveling with low gear. The first time I did it, with a Death Knight, I saw a lot of bonus upgrade loot (~50% upgrade rate). The second time, with the Warrior, I got significantly less (~10-20% upgrade rate). I'ts important to remember that this bonus is random, and frankly I don't think it's really worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimicate View Post
    Ascension buffs Valks and Trail by Fire Aspirants.
    Right you are, fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    snip.
    You're almost certainly right. I guess that in the moment of leveling the upgrades feel like a much bigger deal than they actually are, especially considering how quickly you replace everything at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    You're almost certainly right. I guess that in the moment of leveling the upgrades feel like a much bigger deal than they actually are, especially considering how quickly you replace everything at 110.
    Well, going in with higher than average gear already means that most of the drops are going to waste until you reach ~108, even with the bonus. At the same time, remember that the order hall bonus only applies to non-repeatable world quests. This means it does not apply to dungeons, L110 world quests (aka dailies), Mythic caches, etc. So in all, you're really only seeing a benefit for a few levels at most.

Even if you're leveling fresh ~680 ilvl characters, in which you'll actually use the majority of questing gear, I really didn't find the upgrades all that useful. Minor upgrades to gear while questing really don't have a large impact, it's only when you have enough of a gear difference to one shot mobs that you substantially increase your leveling speed. In my own experience, I really didn't feel as though the bonuses had much of an impact, and there's never a point in which you feel "I need more gear for this". At best it's just a minor amount of excitement seeing that upgrade text. Keep in mind that you can still see bonus upgrades without the research, the trait only increases the chance.

That said, the other bonus is pretty minor as well, especially while leveling, so it's not as though you're making a gamebreaking choice either way.

I don't like bumping old threads, but since many players will be completing Tier IV research soon, and this has been off the front page for awhile, I feel the information in post #2 merits revisitation:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41884079

The information has been updated as well, so it's worth rereading.

I think Val'kyr Call is nice for ppl like me - those who loathe pet battles. This will allow me to grab some rewards from AP pet battle WQs, which I currently wouldn´t do at all.

Deleted
    Once every 3 days? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    I think Val'kyr Call is nice for ppl like me - those who loathe pet battles. This will allow me to grab some rewards from AP pet battle WQs, which I currently wouldn´t do at all.
    I didn't think about that, good idea. I don't really like them either, but I think the 3 day cooldown is too limiting for what it offers, considering that it doesn't work on blue quests. The resources may not be strictly necessary (I already have over 50k stockpiled), but it will be nice not having to ever worry about affording bonus seals for raiding.

I didn't think about that, good idea. I don't really like them either, but I think the 3 day cooldown is too limiting for what it offers, considering that it doesn't work on blue quests. The resources may not be strictly necessary (I already have over 50k stockpiled), but it will be nice not having to ever worry about affording bonus seals for raiding.
    How did you gather so many ressources? I'm really struggling in gathering enough to start the 12.5k Tier. I do all the ressource WQ's and i always get the Emissary boxes.
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2016-09-20 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    How did you gather so many ressources? I'm really struggling in gathering enough to start the 12.5k Tier. I do all the WQ's and i always get the Emissary boxes.
    Get a combat follower, level them to rare/epic, and put the appropriate gear on them. I get 100 resources per mission I complete on top of whatever resources it awards as well.

Deleted
    Is it worth to get the Valk'yr Call now that it is once every 18 hours?
    Not like Order Resources is used for anything but 2 or 3 seals every week and it's only 3k OR (if you cough up 1k gold) - and that amount can be easily obtained without even doing any OR WQs (which I am avoiding completely actually... gold as well...)

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Is it worth to get the Valk'yr Call now that it is once every 18 hours?
    I'm considering it for the bet battle tokens.