Vengeance DH queueing as DPS -> BUG?

I had this weird pug the other day doing a normal dungeon at Violet Hold:
    There was a DH and a Warry. My healbot said that the Warry was the tank and the DH was queued as DD.

As we started the DH had all the aggro and I was wondering. I saw that the Warry talented "arms" and the DH "vengeance".
    I was totally surprised, cos the DH ate damage like I have never experienced before in dungeons, as if he was a real DD. As RDruid I could not keep him alive whatsoever, all hots on him including CDs.

How can this happen? Was it a bug or can a DH-Tank be so freaking bad to eat shit like no other?
    (and btw I'm not a noob healer, I have never had ANY problems keeping the tank alive in any dungeon!)

I've also had 2 Tanks before whilst it said 1 was a Dps. I think it's because it's normal and they would have had the end of zone quest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

It seemed to me as if the tank-DH was specced as DD, and he just appeared to be tank, looking at his spec.
    However u cannot queue as tank and then use ur DD spec, right?

Weird thing was, that he had aggro like a real tank, but he would go down as if he was naked!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    However u cannot queue as tank and then use ur DD spec, right?
    Why not? I usually play as enh shaman, but queue for heal occasionally, and I always have to respec.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    probably red gear.
    This seems like the only plausible reason! @reauxmont: when u queue as a tank and get invited as a tank and accept as a tank, i dont think u can switch to DD once u are in the dungeon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    This seems like the only plausible reason! @reauxmont: when u queue as a tank and get invited as a tank and accept as a tank, i dont think u can switch to DD once u are in the dungeon?
    You can chose every spec during queue select. As a druid i open word as bear. When tool asigns me dd i am not force-changed though the party screen will display dd. For a nhc or hc dungeon it doesnt really matter. At least let the others know

10+ Year Old Account
    Could possibly have queue'd together and swapped it up. They could have just agreed to swap roles. A few different things could have caused this.