Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

This class should have been Pandaren exclusive?

Petty as that sounds, Blizzard has shown no qualms for extreme race restrictions like how Demon Hunters are confined to Elves. I don't know how people who have been rocking this class for a long time now to get a feel for it think of it though.

I've been playing this class on an alt for my enjoyment, and I didn't even think twice about race: Of course it had to be Pandaren, they're synonymous with it and gear sets are literally catered to their physique and design most.

I actually find it amazingly sad how the race and their culture is the absolute face of this class and most represented in the class hall, yet they are not well-represented by players themselves. I've seen more Gnome monks and orcs in awkward asian getups than Pandaren after MoP passed by to now.

It's something you just breathe in after playing the class for a while if you think about it.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-09-15 at 10:33 PM.

Not everyone likes to play a ugly bear.

Female nightelf monk is and will always be the master monk race.

Deleted
    If monk was designed for ungly, fatty panda only i had never, never, nerver ever create one of them.
    Female Human/Gnom Monk > All ^-^

LOL if Monk would be Panda exclusive there wouldn't be maybe 10 Monks in World of Warcraft. Thank god Nightelves and Bloodelves can be Monks. <3

Pandarens, as per lore, love to have a relaxed life which involves sharing their ways. Throughout Pandaria, we were learning the Pandaren ways and they, from us too. Demon hunters are exclusively elves because Illidari consisted only of them.

So I guess, from the lore PoV, its pretty clear why most races gets to be monk and not DH.

From a gameplay POV, I tried to play a fat panda.... but I could never manage to level it past 13. I prefer my lvl 100 Monk, anytime.

And they did say they will look at other races for Demon Hunters Soon(tm).
    Last edited by obscurede; 2016-09-16 at 04:36 AM.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

I mean, Monk already has a super low population.

To be honest, I feel like they probably thought about doing that, but realized it would be doom for the class population to actually go for it.

Stop calling me fat and ugly! We Pandaren have feelings too you know!

OT: my monk has been male orc, female orc, pandaren, blood elf, and then pandaren again. Lore wise and transmog wise, I think the race can fit many races. Except the Brewmaster spec, for me only Pandaren, male Orcs and male/female Dwarfs suits it well. Thats why I went back to Pandaren.

all pandaren should be oven'd
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaterz 88 View Post
    oven'd
    verb: To Oven. Oven, Oven'd, Ovening
    noun: Ovener, one who throws trash into an oven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes no sense lore wise

Other races could have been trained as Monks after we discovered pandaria, where as Demon Hunters happened before BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    verb: To Oven. Oven, Oven'd, Ovening
    noun: Ovener, one who throws trash into an oven.
    Precisely, thank you.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

The class and race should both have been exclusive - game would be better overall with less morbidly obese pandas running around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if pandarens can only be monks?

10+ Year Old Account
    I always think they should have been but yeah, people seem to loathe pandas for whatever reason and the class would be barely played.

Unless they introduce an even cuter furry race or catgirls, mine is staying a female pandaren.

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's reduce the class population to like... 2%. Or, guys, here's a thought; let's just remove the class entirely! I mean, Demon Hunters are just rebranded monks without a polarizing theme. Let's just seal the deal here and get it over with.

Deleted
    Female Orc monk is awesome, so no thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    I love my Panda Monk. Double food buff and half damage from falling. As a raider I love the double food buff. And since I fall off cliffs and stuff a lot... the half falling damage has saved my life more than once. Thanks but ill take Panda over everything else.

You have a point about the class identity hinging on the racial identity of the Pandaren quite a bit, however the concept of the Monk class makes sense that many races can play it. It's a fighting style, one taught by the pandaren to all the other races they've allied with. Demon Hunter is restricted to the elves (for now) because Lore wise it makes sense, to shoehorn in a dwarf or tauren demon hunter amidst the DH starting zone would be ridiculous. Hero classes have a lot more validation behind them when it comes to selective choices. Monk, like any other regular class, has some races than can play it, and some that can't. to say only Pandaren should play monks is to say only Gnomes and Dwarves can use guns since they invented them.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

All the Pandaren hate in this thread is so gross. The race is actually really well fleshed out and rich in lore if you take the time to not be a complete dick and actually give it a chance.