Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people in this thread seem to have little understanding of cult mentality. Belonging to a religion is completely different than belonging to a cult. A cult REQUIRES that you dedicate everything to it. Your time, money, everything. They will even force you to cut ties with your loved ones and/or friends if they are against the idea of said cult. Religions will have varying degrees of believers. You can be a catholic and not go to church. Or not even read the bible. If you're a Scientologist you have to do everything they tell you to or you're not one of them. That is that. There's only one version of Scientology.

Isaac Hayes suffered a stroke. This was coincidental to the show making fun of Scientology; the religion he was a part of. They're saying right in the article that someone in his group who had legal control over him managed to sever his contract with Comedy Central. They probably didn't like the fact that he was voicing a character on a show that decided to make fun of them.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-09-16 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Isaac Hayes suffered a stroke. This was coincidental to the show making fun of Scientology; the religion he was a part of. They're saying right in the article that someone in his group who had legal control over him managed to sever his contract with Comedy Central. They probably didn't like the fact that he was voicing a character on a show that decided to make fun of them.
    http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/03/28...the-real-story

Push came to shove on Nov. 16, 2005, when “South Park” aired its hilarious “Trapped in the Closet” episode spoofing Tom Cruise and John Travolta. “South Park” creator Matt Stone told me later that Isaac had come to him in tears.

“He said he was under great pressure from Scientology, and if we didn’t stop poking at them, he’d have to leave,” Stone said.

But there are a lot of questions still to be raised about Isaac Hayes’ death. Why, for example, was a stroke survivor on a treadmill by himself? What was his condition? What kind of treatment had he had since the stroke? Members of Scientology are required to sign a form promising they will never seek psychiatric or mental assistance. But stroke rehabilitation involves the help of neurologists and often psychiatrists, not to mention psychotropic drugs — exactly the kind Scientology proselytizes against.
    There was a lot of "coincidental" shit going on around his death. Still, if you're one of those people that think Scientologists are no different than those meek Christian parents who prefer prayer to medicine, more power to you I guess.

Do people know that you're is you are???

Deleted
    i never liked chef in south park, so i didnt really care for the actor behind him, i want to know who voices terrance and phillip

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Wasn't there a news story linked on these forums a few weeks ago about a toddler that died because his parents chose to pray for him rather than seek medical care?
    It's every few months really, at least it feels like it. Many, many dead children, yet the parents never get imprisoned because of religious exemptions for laws! The same sort of reasons that most of the Scientology church isn't in prison for some of the stunts they've pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Both cases child dies, the argument is if somebody signed a piece of paper or not.

End result is the same
    LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. I'M THE AMAZING ATHEIST!!

If you cant see the huge discrepancy from Scientology to an established religion thousands of years old well then maybe you arent all that enlightened Mr. Amazing Atheist.

/fedoratip

That makes a bit more sense than what we were lead to believe.