Deleted

Order Hall - optimal set of followers

Hello there.

I haven't been able to find any topic related to this question. I chose my followers, but I am still wondering if the combo for countering mission is optimal. I am already starting to equip them with upgrades so I'd like to see what you picked.
    What I currently got active is:
    Angus Ironfist
    Chen Stormstoun

Taran Zhu
    The Monkey King

Li Li Stormstount

Could anyone share some insight?

Deleted
    Check out this reddit post.

I'm always solo, never with a ally and I've followed the recommendation and I couldn't complete only one mission so far, because it was a rare 810 mission when I just got my first follower to 110.

I use almost that same layout, but replacing Taran Zhu with Hiro. Going off this chart from the link senfgurke2 gave there are only 4 missions where the boss is countered by a windwalker versus 22 for mistweaver, and the rest of the counters are the same (both Taran and Hiro have spear hand strike). It has the benefit of the 20% reduced mission time on Hiro as well. I use Li Li as a companion though - if you prefer running Taran Zhu for that then I'd say you probably have an optimal setup as-is.

7+ Year Old Account
    I use Chen, Monkey King, Li-Li, Aegira and I cant remember the WW one (def not Taran, its the other one). So far no issues but I didn't know about there only being 4 WW missions... I might switch one out for another MW if there really is 22 to 4 MW/WW missions

Deleted
    I personally thought to go for a more or less specific setup: Chen, Monkey, Aegira, Li Li and Sylara. It went well for quite some time, until I had almost only MW missions. So I swapped Aegira for Hiro. Now, a few days later, I have almost only BrM missions. And I also had a time quite early, when only having 1 WW, where those missions stacksd up. Seems whatever I have only 1 of, the missions slowly stack up to the point of having done almost everything else, and only missions for that one.
    So I'll probably end up with a few who I'll use for certain (Chen, Monkey, Li Li - the first 2 are the strongest, and the third covers what they both are lacking) and swapping the rest as I need it - if it's useful for the rewards.

Sylara is pretty ridiculous since the equipment that increases success chance with tiger troops is fairly common; mine has the Bell of Fury, which is the epic version that gives 20% success chance. Sylara and one Tiger Initiate gives 30% + 20% + 15% or 65% success chance without countering anything. You can research the Enlightenment and Path of the Tiger upgrades to push the success chance even higher. It's pretty easy to get well over 100% with just her and one troop.

Other than that, I feel that Chen and Li Li are staples; Chen having the excellent 15% success chance from both Minions and Hazards ability and Li Li having 20% success chance when paired with Chen. Both of mine are equipped with Tea of Blessing which gives 20% success chance when accompanied by an Ox troop. They're also both useful bodyguards which can net them some extra XP when you're out on world quests. I would say it's a toss up between the other four, although I don't like Hiro since he has no bonus to success chance and I feel like I complete missions fast enough without him. Personally I use Aegira for a Breath of Fire and Taran Zhu just for lore purposes, but I wouldn't say it matters much who you pick. The bananas from The Monkey King are nice but they're pretty rare in my experience and I can't stand his voice acting - I got enough of that wacky hozen crap in MoP and with the BrM artifact quest.