Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Illegal immigration surged in August, illegal families set for worst year on record

Border Patrol agents are getting “hammered” by a new surge of illegal immigration into Texas, the agency’s chief told Congress on Tuesday as new numbers showed a massive influx in August, defying the usual pattern of a late-summer slowdown.

The worst of the new surge is coming in the form of families traveling together — usually mothers and children fleeing violence and poverty in Central America and trying to reunite with relatives already living in the U.S., often illegally. Nearly 10,000 people were nabbed by agents traveling as families in August alone, marking a 24 percent spike over the previous monthA massive influx of manpower and technology on the border, combined with the economic slowdown a decade ago, cut the flow of Mexicans.

But Central Americans have begun to cross in larger numbers, posing tougher challenges for border officials.

Many of the Central Americans make asylum claims, and those are more time-consuming and tougher to adjudicate than rank-and-file illegal immigrants.

Chief Morgan, who has been on the job for only a couple of months, said in his visits to the border he saw one group of children that included a six-year-old girl traveling with her 11-year-old brother — what he called a humanitarian situation.

He said there needs to be another way to handle them that doesn’t involved forcing his agents to spend time processing and guarding them.

“Instead of taking agents that have been trained, have a national security mission, should be on the front line, I’m taking them off the front line a lot to process a 6-year-old, an 11-year-old, as part of the humanitarian mission,” he said.
    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...surges-august/

Accepting asylum claims is certainly the right thing to do. There can be no debating that. At this point a new strategy is needed and part of it needs to be an expedited process to citizenship.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Accepting asylum claims is certainly the right thing to do. There can be no debating that. At this point a new strategy is needed and part of it needs to be an expedited process to citizenship.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

They should all come live with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Deleted
    There is nothing in your post that doesn't make want to throw up OP...

10+ Year Old Account
    What must we do @Tennisace!?

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's build a bullet train to Canada from Central America.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly.

They should all come live with you.

When i say these guys are either paid or nuts some people dont believe me. Or non-white ill intentioned individual.
    Tell me this guy's opinion is sane...
    As i told, at this point in time, its either far right or downfall of the great western nations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Let's build a bullet train to Canada from Central America.
    Im sure there are normal decent people in Canada, Tenisace doesnt speak for them.
    I would rather send Tenisace to Central America.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2016-09-18 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accepting asylum claims is certainly the right thing to do. There can be no debating that.
    No, the right thing to do would be to fix the countries they come from.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    No, the right thing to do would be to fix the countries they come from.
    1) it's a tennisface thread, nothings to be taken seriously.
    2) Not the USA's job to fix other countries problems, we only have to look to the news to see what becomes of that.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes there is, you throw them the fuck out.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I disagree. If America went to shit and I hopped the border to Canada,they would send my ass back.

Fix you own country is my philosophy.

Cubans too, but Cubans mostly have STEM degrees. Like Canadians they come to the US to make money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. Just killing time.

2) Not the USA's job to fix other countries problems, we only have to look to the news to see what becomes of that.
    I agree, but seeing as how we're the ones being blamed for their drug cartels and we're the ones having to deal with the illegals another course of action might help ease the problem. I'm not saying prop up their economy but I'm sure there could be actions taken to help besides "build a wall."

7+ Year Old Account

Yes there can be debating it. In short, screw 'em. They want a better life, they have two choices.

1) Do the hard work of improving their own country

OR

2) Legally immigrate

I disagree. We have out stories of success, Japan, West Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, Chile (albeit through morally questionable methods). The common thing all of this countries share; except Chile, is the amount of time we spent of them. Whereas our stories of failures are mostly due to how early we retired from their territories.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

Refuse them entry and deport the ones that are here. Illegal immigration is not sustainable. Our welfare systems here are already stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    I disagree. If America went to shit and I hopped the border to Canada,they would send my ass back.

Fix you own country is my philosophy.
    Canada has always been a very reliable haven for dissenters who needed to flee the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I disagree. We have out stories of success, Japan, West Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, Chile (albeit through morally questionable methods). The common thing all of this countries share; except Chile, is the amount of time we spent of them. Whereas our stories of failures are mostly due to how early we retired from their territories.
    Chile? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Yes there can be debating it. In short, screw 'em. They want a better life, they have two choices.

1) Do the hard work of improving their own country

OR

2) Legally immigrate
    Here's a crazy thought, maybe the U.S. should stop sending billions of dollars annually back to the drug cartels that are causing these countries to be so unstable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Refuse them entry and deport the ones that are here. Illegal immigration is not sustainable. Our welfare systems here are already stretched.
    What isn't sustainable is assuming instability in the rest of the American continent can be ignored forever as though it can't possible effect us.

Our welfare system isn't anywhere close to stretched. It's a minor cost.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Deleted
    if you take your head out of the clouds and take a breath of reality. you will know the only option is to send them all back to their original countries and close borders until stricter checks are in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What must we do @Tennisace!?
    Did you just call @Tennisace to a thread he actually started?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Did you just call @Tennisace to a thread he actually started?
    We must always call the Tenn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post

Here's a crazy thought, maybe the U.S. should stop sending billions of dollars annually back to the drug cartels that are causing these countries to be so unstable.
    Oh I certainly agree. I've never done any of that sh-t.

Another thing I would do if all the stars aligned and I became POTUS is designate the drug cartels as terrorist groups and drone strike them relentlessly.