Disc Priest overview. Questions along the way.

Let's start with 5 man dungeons. Iv seen people talk about how the struggle in 5 man dungeons and mythics. I have never had this problem. Especially if you spec into schism and grace. You can drink after every encounter if needed and can survive truly an insane amount of trash and damage. If nothing else, I think disc is perfect for 5 man because it does really good healing AND can do good dps to top it off (good for what it is).

Now let's talk raiding. I have found, in raiding, I am going OOM super quick. Our guild is obviously in progression and we are doing trials and testing people, so we have 30 people in our raid. After playing disc, and testing it out, I came to the conclusion that disc healing is better for smaller groups. 10-20. For example. Heroic ursoc. All that AoE damage, and all the other healers being able to just get people up super fast, leaves disc priest little room to be able to do any significant healing. Even if you can premeditated the damage coming in (which is super easy to do) in order to make a dent you have to spam all your mana. Otherwise you don't heal enough to make a difference. Even in smaller groups I find myself always using potions (when I tested) and still going OOM before the end of the fights. I feel like this is a slight issue. We just don't have enough mana regen to make a significant difference in really high groups. Even in smaller groups I still feel like it's just not good enough. I went from bottom of the charts with 5 other healers. (2 pallys, 2 Resto Druids, and one monk) in my progression team, to a smaller group (12 people) and I maintained top HPS and did good dps at the same time.

Now I know you need to be able to find that balance in bigger groups, but another issue disc will have is the fact that other healers can use their major CDs and basically take the heals we could do, pre meditated or not. So they are sky rocketing the charts, while disc is kinda hanging back all sad.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? So you agree disc is more optimal in smaller groups (definitely not 30 man). Do you think we should have higher MPS back to make up for how much we lose consistently over the fights?

Give me your opinions here about disc priest

Deleted
    From day one I said Disc is balanced around Mythic raiding. The amount of atonements you can apply "at once" says it all.

I didn't raid yet (tonight I will, 30 man normal mode tho), but I won't be looking at my performance tbh, if I am viable that is enough for me. Now, considering all the disadvatages we have (healing wise), I expect our rol to be "important" when Mythic comes out.

Regarding mana; I can't imagine myself going OOM too quickly with 20 dudes, but I can if the PWR spam is real for +25 raid (even tho this may not make much sense at first glance).

Hope you all have a nice night

Oh the AoE damage is real. Like I said in my examples. Ursoc is unbearable (ha!) for a disc. My big thing here is I feel it is optimal at 20 people or less. So mythic raiding it will be great. Mythic + it will be fine. I just hate how when we are at 30 plus we can't heal for shit really because of the other AoE heals. It's like it's our turn to be snipped of heals haha.

Isn't Grace better for 10m or are you guys running with PtW? Do you apply PtW in all the mobs or just one and spread it with penance?

Quote Originally Posted by luma View Post
    Isn't Grace better for 10m or are you guys running with PtW? Do you apply PtW in all the mobs or just one and spread it with penance?
    I find grace just too good for emergency healing. Single bosses like Ursoc I don't see how that small bit of extra DoT is gonna help as much as grace would when a tank misses a taunt.