Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Comes with the territory of a discount store, they are not going to remove Good LOOKING product if it might be sold. I'm guessing this is a store like ALDI, I stopped buying produce and non frozen meats from the years ago, for stuff like this. Take it back, they will take care of it Im sure.

The old "get what you pay for" applies here.
    No, its not a discounter. Its a regular super market. They even offer good quality fresh sushi in selected stores.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    No, its not a discounter. Its a regular super market. They even offer good quality fresh sushi in selected stores.
    Oh.....well then....thats a bit more odd. I would expect this from a discounter, not a regular store, but shit does happen, and thats some specialty fruit Iv never seen maybe they spoil fast or something?

I will stick with, if YOU thought it was an ok fruit how can you expect the store to know its not? That is a fucking bummer though, imagine if you had bitten into it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I've never had that happen, then again I don't purchase Mangosteens on a regular basis...take the fruit and your receipt to the store, I'm sure they'll refund you. If they don't, shop elsewhere.

Not sure what country you live in, but in most Western countries you should be able to get a refund for inedible fruit, assuming you didn't wait a week or two to try to eat it.

Also your thread title is odd...not sure how the content of your post is at all related to "offering food for almost free".
    i had that happen once. walked up to buy some ghost peppers at our local grocers and noticed they were starting to turn....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Can you grow mangosteen in Europe? We tried in CA, and it never bears fruit.