Deleted

General question about "graphic settings"

Hi Guys!

I have multiple questions because I couldn't find an awnser to this topics.
    1. Why is View Distance 8-10 so Resource consuming
    2. Liquid Detail difference between Good and Ultra
    3. Why can't WoW save the 144Hz Refresh Rate with Windowed Fullscreen(Display Mode)
    4. Is there a Website that gives information what Graphic Settings go on CPU / GPU (e.g SSAO goes mainly on GPU)

Sorry if this questions are already awnsered somewhere on the forums ;(

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Because the larger viewing distance not only creates more textures to render for the GPU, but also a lot more draw calls for the CPU (more players and creatures visible means more draw calls) which is the real issue.

2. Not entirely sure. I keep it on Ultra and don't notice much of a difference. You can easily test the difference and performance hits yourself just by changing the setting around some water for your own opinion.

3. When you sec it to windowed fullscreen, it's based off of Windows settings and not the game. It's not that WoW doesn't save the refresh rate, it's just that it greys the option out because it's no longer something that can be changed from within game and no longer relevant as it looks to the OS for that information. If your Windows refresh rate is set to 144Hz then you'll most certainly be benefiting from it in game. I use Windowed Fullscreen on a 144Hz monitor and while it's greyed out at 60Hz, it still benefits from the 144Hz.

4. Not that I'm aware of, but think of it like this...Settings that affect textures are general GPU based. Settings that affect draw calls for players and NPCs as well as spells casted even are generally CPU based. CPU processes actions within the game which is why in mythics we get frame dips more than LFR since there's more spells being casted for the CPU to process. It's more complicated than that and there's no straightforward answer as most settings affect both in some way or another, but that's about as simple as I can think to make it.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |