Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you do 1 mythic dungeon a week you'll eventually get full 840.
    You might be 4% weaker than someone in full mythic raid gear. That's a non-issue.
    Gear doesn't mater in pvp anymore, the difference between a mythic dungeon player and a mythic raider is 4%-5%.
    4-5% wont win or lose games for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    If you do 1 mythic dungeon a week you'll eventually get full 840.
    You might be 4% weaker than someone in full mythic raid gear. That's a non-issue.
    Gear doesn't mater in pvp anymore, the difference between a mythic dungeon player and a mythic raider is 4%-5%.
    4-5% wont win or lose games for you.
    Sure it can. Will it matter MOST of the time, no. But assuming you are in a scenario where both players are equally matched on skill then this can absolutely contribute to your win/loss. You are completely discounting pvp by saying it should reward nothing. Why is it fair that one game type gives the best gear overall and will benefit you in EVERY game type? Not to mention the EXTREME disadvantage pvpers who choose not to raid will have in wpvp.

I am not a crazy, serious pvper and I have not been playing the game nearly as long as all of you but I am able to see the fault in this system.

Deleted

Angry

Always nice hearing from a professional npc killer that pvp shouldnt reward anything worth while for players who enjoy playing the game for pvp since pve has to be the one and only reason to get gear /s

Shiyo dropping some real knowledge in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP should never ever be part of character progression.
    World quests RARELY give 830+ gear until you're 830+ yourself.
    Quests and rares don't give 810 gear.
    Normals give 805 gear and give 810+ gear as often as PvP does.

I'm not exactly sure why pvpers seem to want pvp to be a form of character progression(and thus the easiest/best way to gear up new chars if it becomes one). Do you want your bgs to be nothing but afkers/botters?

That's literally what will happen if we have another WoD where PVP gear is as good as PVE gear for starter characters, it will also completely kill many forms of PVE.

Do not want, stop asking for bad things that not only harm your pvp, but also PVErs PVE.

It's a lose/lose situation for PVP to give good gear. Stop asking for it. I don't want to have quit the game.
    It would allow PvPers to have a way to get entry level PvE gear and what is wrong with that? I completely see you being close minded and stubborn atm, refusing to think outside of the box and accepting that your way is the only correct way. It is completely possible and feasible to allow PvPers to get gear without making it the may way for PvE players to get gear. You could reduce the rate at which they obtain gear which seems to be the main thing.

As for gearing players should have at least 4 800 ilvl pieces when they reach 110. Killing Suramar rares helps you to obtain another 3-4 pieces as well. From there you do world quests that award 805-815 gear then go into normals. Within a day you can be at 810 ilvl and thus able to do heroic dungeons. Even with work/school, with proper time management a PvE player can get to 830 within a few days and I say that because I have done it numerous times now as have guildies.

So again I believe that allowing PvPers to get gear that allows them to get into mythic dungeons/LFR is fine. You simply need to adjust the rate at which they obtain gear. It's not complicated or nor is it hard to do.

So stop being narrow minded please. As Fkiolaris said, you are creating a lose-lose situation by not bothering to grasp why it could be seen as a good thing. The only thing I am thankful for is that you have absolutely no power in actually deciding how things work in WoW because then it would be a nightmare @_@ I am not saying that PvP players should get 840s within a day/week, but it should taken a good amount of time for them to reach that point. We have Marks of Honor, would it be hard to intrdoce a new mark that allows people to buy gear with them at a rate of say 30-40 tokens per piece? That would be a significant time investment and by the time a PvPer gets to an ilvl of 840 a PvE player could do it with HALF the work. How is that bad for a PvE player? It allows a PvPer to get gear and a PvE player isn't forced to do a ton of bgs.

*EDIT*

Shiyo you are literally the vocal minority right now, take a step back and actually read the posts here. It's not hard to find a balance that makes everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rtech View Post
    Always nice hearing from a professional npc killer that pvp shouldnt reward anything worth while for players who enjoy playing the game for pvp since pve has to be the one and only reason to get gear /s

Off Topic here, but the balded part made me lol so hard, going definitely to add that lines in my list of names i use to bash PvErs who annoy me =).

Back to topic: I honestly think the way gear's scaling worked in WoD was the best, in pvp combat your ilvl increases to X, outside its Y (x=y-50ilvls for example). Yes while downing world bosses it could potentially boost ilvl for the players but who cares? it is a world boss after all not a world 1st raid progression. I PvPed since vanilla and to me WoD system to differentiate PvP and PvE gear was the best to be honest. You could use both gears at the entry lvl in PvP or PvE but both types of gear were superior at its own niche aka PvP gear was Best for PvP (for example 15% dmg reduction from 2x pvp trinkets).

Here came the Legion, and of course Blizzard wanting to fix whats not broken, fuked up things once again ... and made PvE gear superior in BOTH PvP and PvE, it is like pissing on PvPers without even a courtesy of calling it rain.

Back to the % stat, yes yes 5% does not feel like a lot but thats not the point here, the point here that in instanced PvP, PvE gear is superior due to ilvl for the majority of players and in duels/wpvp PvE gear is hands down superior due to trinkets, OP set bonuses, sockets, etc.

To me its like saying "if you work as an accountant, you will have better hand to hand combat and marksman skills than a full time Navy Seals or Special Forces, but do not worry the Military who spend their lives sharpening their skills to become perfect killing machines, will be only 5% below in efficiency of killing some1 than accountants"

It does not make any sense right? so why then should PvP community accept the sense of this PvE gear crap over PvP gear?
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-09-29 at 10:29 PM.

I'm not going to change my stance, sorry.

Ashran and ilvl 700 gear was the biggest abomination and screw up on gearing I've ever seen in 15 years of playing MMO's. It completely invalidated SO much PVE content and turned bgs/ashran into a horrible place of people who didn't want to be there being there, botters, and afkers. It ruined PVP for PVPers and ruined tons of PVE content for PVErs. It was awful.

The balance that makes everyone happy is how PVP gear currently functions. It's perfect.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-29 at 10:57 PM.

if every1 was happy =) this topic would not exists =)

I'm not going to change my stance, sorry.

Ashran and ilvl 700 gear was the biggest abomination and screw up on gearing I've ever seen in 15 years of playing MMO's. It completely invalidated SO much PVE content and turned bgs/ashran into a horrible place of people who didn't want to be there being there, botters, and afkers. It ruined PVP for PVPers and ruined tons of PVE content for PVErs. It was awful.

The balance that makes everyone happy is how PVP gear currently functions. It's perfect.
    Nobody is asking you to change your stance. Since you don't PvP, literally nobody cares what your stance is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Nobody is asking you to change your stance. Since you don't PvP, literally nobody cares what your stance is.
    I don't understand this "you don't pvp" meme being told to a 2,400+ arena player, pvper since vanilla, high warlord, warlord in vanilla, RBG gladiator with level50 honor in legion for 3 weeks now ;/

What the hell is the problem?

Shiyo is right. Why would you want pvers or FRESH players who only want PvE gear queing bgs? Now with normalization within 1-5% in bgs you won't have super mega pvp geared guy fucking you in the ass when you roll a new character to pvp with because of gear.

In the end you can bitch about gear in pvp but it's pvp. if you feel weaker in the world and like you are falling behind on artifact levels and must pve. Whelp then I guess you're gonna get pve gear as a result then. Because that is what you are doing.

In the long run it should make the pvp community healthier. Potentially less bots / less pvers who are too afraid to pvp but do it for gear ect.
    PvP rewards have always been about prestige titles / cosmetics anyhow which is what it awards abundantly now.

Now sure i know some mythic top 100 guild raiders might storm up against you in arena with their perfect itemizaed Titanforge sets and mega trinkets and likely a vastly higher artifact level. You're just going to have to live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by rtech View Post

PVEing to PVP? What is this a Korean MMO? LMAO.

Not even Vanilla you had to do that in WoW, because PVP gear actually was good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    What the hell is the problem?

Shiyo is right. Why would you want pvers or FRESH players who only want PvE gear queing bgs? Now with normalization within 1-5% in bgs you won't have super mega pvp geared guy fucking you in the ass when you roll a new character to pvp with because of gear.

In the end you can bitch about gear in pvp but it's pvp. if you feel weaker in the world and like you are falling behind on artifact levels and must pve. Whelp then I guess you're gonna get pve gear as a result then. Because that is what you are doing.

In the long run it should make the pvp community healthier. Potentially less bots / less pvers who are too afraid to pvp but do it for gear ect.
    PvP rewards have always been about prestige titles / cosmetics anyhow which is what it awards abundantly now.

Now sure i know some mythic top 100 guild raiders might storm up against you in arena with their perfect itemizaed Titanforge sets and mega trinkets and likely a vastly higher artifact level. You're just going to have to live with that.
    Another PVE player that doesn't understand:

1. If a fresh player has the option to queue BG's or run a dungeon then that is the player's choice (a proven formula over five expansions). Right now all players are forced to do world quests/dungeons.

2. If you have to do PVE to be able to participate even in PVP then that is a failure.

3. More PVE raid geared players in ladders, ladders shrinking, PVP population shrinking and more BOTS. That isn't a healthy community.

4. This is already happening which is why the ladders are collapsing (raid gear in rated arena).

Uhh if the dungeons curbstomp pvp gear and doesnt award equal or better gear i'd say dungeons.

lastly.

You are going to have to pve regardless this expansion

PERIOD

Artifact Power/ Relics/ Trinkets. Get used to it.

But WoW has always been a centrally PvE focused game with a lesser pvp focus. we are just getting back with the games original theme now.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-09-29 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

Another PVE player that doesn't understand:

1. If a fresh player has the option to queue BG's or run a dungeon then that is the player's choice .
    WOD proves this 100% inaccurate and wrong, sorry.
    Humans take the path of least resistance, which will always be afking and botting bgs.

Get used to not getting gear from pvp, it's going to never give good gear and rightfully so.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the first time in a long while that I've stepped foot in the 2v2 arena with a pocket Resto Druid. I'm still scrub rating but it's really neat to pop everything as Enhancement and just turn players to dust in a fistful of globals even with the garbage stat preset. Stringing SS and SB procs back to back to back is enough pain to make even Pinhead envious.

I'm sure this won't last long though.

That said, the loot rewards are garbage and whoever pushed for the current system should be moved to the Hearthstone team. I just want the rest of the Gladiator gear for transmog because it looks absolutely amazing and then I can go back to punching dragons in the face but not knowing how long it'll take is a real downer.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

So, on the last expansions i could just buy a boost to 2k and buy my elite mogs, now with those changes, whats the best boost mode i could buy to get all elite mog pieces?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakstorm View Post
    So, on the last expansions i could just buy a boost to 2k and buy my elite mogs, now with those changes, whats the best boost mode i could buy to get all elite mog pieces?
    Make more gold.
    Spend more gold.

Boosting is the new Mythic mount.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flakstorm View Post
    You could try playing the actual game, spend some time and grind up 2.2k, which is not hard, it can be reached with any comps.

to answer your question in regards of elite gear, you can not boost it, since the drop loot is random after 2.2k cr, it will be easier to just go pve and buy PvE boost to get PvE Mythic set, its a re-color of the pvp set

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is people's reason for wanting gear rewards from PvP, besides purely cosmetic stuff?
    I've always felt the incentive for PvP is PvP itself. There are no other incentives needed.

Ideally PvP should be a pure test of player vs player skill, free of any influence from PvE.

Guild Wars 2 does this perfectly.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2016-09-30 at 03:35 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    What exactly is people's reason for wanting gear rewards from PvP, besides purely cosmetic stuff?
    I've always felt the incentive for PvP is PvP itself. There are no other incentives needed.

Ideally PvP should be a pure test of player vs player skill, free of any influence from PvE.

Guild Wars 2 does this perfectly.
    PvPers wouldn't care about gear if PvErs didnt get gear from PvE either, PvP is not only limited to Arena or RBGs, PvP consists of also duels, wpvp, casual as well as rated, and in all those cases PvE gear is superior on average in rated pvp and 100% vastly superior in duels/wpvp. To me personally i enjoy both aspects of PvP rated and Casual, hence if i do well in pvp, i want to have the best gear for pvp in game for all aspects of PvP. When Blizzard states that a person who does not PvP, will have better PvP gear than actual PvPers..well then it sounds funny to me (see my example accountants vs Navy Seals above)

Duels/world pvp is a disaster that they've neglected to the point that no one should ever care about it.