Shadow. Single Target Talents?

Curious what people are choosing for single target only fights (Ursoc, Nythandra).

TIER 1
    Twist of fate is so strong, but no chance to proc it off of adds, so wondering if Fortress of the mind is a better choice. But also running S2M, and there is so much synergy there.

TIER 4
    Same conundrum. Reaper of Souls is the go-to, but the effectiveness of SW: Death goes down without any adds. On the other hand, SW: Death is vital to keeping S2M up at the end of the fight. Void Lord is the other choice. Thoughts?

TIER 5
    Audacious Spirits I assume is still the go to, even though it cant hit multiple targets. Shadowy Insight might be good for the movement on Nythandra...

TIER 6
    No real burst windows on these fights, so probably sticking with Mindbender over Power Infusion.

TIER 7
    Gotta be S2M

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 1: Your biggest damage comes at the end of the fight so I would keep twist of fate even on single target fight.

Tier 4: RoS lets you start using SW: D at 35% instead of 20% which is a long time on bosses with a ton of health. Synergizes with STM and TOF very well.

Tier 5: I would only take Shadowy Insight if I had the legendary belt, at which point SI becomes amazing.

Tier 6: I like PI better only in that you can stack it during high burst phases. Especially now that we can't generate insanity while in Torrent or Dispersion.

Deleted
    Tier 1
    Easily ToF, even without adds. So much synergy with StM! Adds just makes it even stronger.

Tier 4
    Again, RoS is the best choice since you want those SW when you pop StM.

Tier 5
    AS unless you have really low crit (<20%) in which case you go San, SI if you have the legendary belt.

Tier 6
    The difference between mindbender and PI isn't huge, but PI is better at keeping you in void form at higher StM stacks which is where you'll do most of your damage, so that's my recommendation.

Tier 7
    Yeah, StM, no other choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    Tier 1
    Easily ToF, even without adds. So much synergy with StM! Adds just makes it even stronger.

Tier 4
    Again, RoS is the best choice since you want those SW when you pop StM.

Tier 5
    AS unless you have really low crit (<20%) in which case you go San, SI if you have the legendary belt.

Tier 6
    The difference between mindbender and PI isn't huge, but PI is better at keeping you in void form at higher StM stacks which is where you'll do most of your damage, so that's my recommendation.

Tier 7
    Yeah, StM, no other choice

Wow didn't know that San is better than AS when youre lower than 20% crit, good to know since I have like almost 19% crit and 32% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Wow didn't know that San is better than AS when youre lower than 20% crit, good to know since I have like almost 19% crit and 32% haste.
    Well, with 19 might still be better with AS, depends on several factors. But the point is that you need some decent crit for AS to be worth it really.

For all fights (with the exception of renferal) you'll want to run ToF, B&S, RoS, AS (SI with belt), Power Infusion, and StM. You can run StM on renferal you'll just have to time it very carefully and you may get better results out of mind spike, especially with recent buffs.

Also PI is not a CD you use in a burst window, and if you're using it that way you're using it incorrectly.

Ursoc is roughly a 4 minute fight on heroic with ~845 raiders. So you'll pop it in your first Voidform at 10+ stacks along with Vtor. Your next Voidform won't have it but you'll want to make sure to use Vtor as soon as it's off CD. The last 2 minutes of the fight should be spent in Voidform utilizing StM. In your StM voidform you hold PI until roughly 80 stacks, which could be more or less depending on your gear. The reason you do this is you'll run into the wall of Insanity gains and you'll need PI to help you get ahead of the drain. Once you PI wears off and you find yourself in a bind again, you'll have to probably pop dispersion to extend to hopefully 120s and your 3rd Vtor, or after it and get that last 6 seconds of MH fueled dot ticks and get RoS off CD.

Nyth while a bit more mechanical heavy is essentially the same thing.

Deleted
    I have the belt and I am pretty sure you only want SI on pure single target fights.

I kinda like PI over the Mindbender CD on use, but just unsure when to actually use PI. 1st PI start of fight and another towards end ? Maybe able to sneak one PI In between start and end ?

When using PI, do we pop it when we feel we are having trouble at around 75-80 stacks of VoidForm ?

It's not remotely possible to have double PI during StM right ?

Quote Originally Posted by valant View Post
    I kinda like PI over the Mindbender CD on use, but just unsure when to actually use PI. 1st PI start of fight and another towards end ? Maybe able to sneak one PI In between start and end ?

When using PI, do we pop it when we feel we are having trouble at around 75-80 stacks of VoidForm ?
    Read my post above.

It's not remotely possible to have double PI during StM right ?
    Not with current gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    I have the belt and I am pretty sure you only want SI on pure single target fights.
    If you have the belt you want to run SI period.

Shadow Priests are pretty much an executioner class, so you want to make the most of that fact.

T1: Still Twist. A perpetual 20% damage buff <35% is solid in it's own right, being able to trigger this off adds is even better.
    T4: Still RoS. Synergizes well with Twist and S2M, plus allowing much longer voidforms throughout the execute phase is great for damage.
    T5: I still prefer AS, though if I had the belt I may change to SI.
    T6: Mindbender for ST is solid, but I still like PI's haste.
    T7: You got it.