Latest Simcraft and spriest single target post Hot fix

www simulationcraf/ org/reports/Raid_T19P html

According to sims which must be taken with a grain of salt, Shadow is now the worst single target dps of the top preforming (per class) dps specs. So glad our class got butchered while everything else got buffed. I still can't post Links so Add Dots for spaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we have the best AoE, right?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

This is terrible. From personal experience, the nerf is not warranted.

Shadow sucks at AOE, but now also doesn't excel single target.

To me it looks like the whole spec now gets balanced around high end S2M potential, which most of the players probably aren't able to realize anyway.

This is a design problem that needs to be addressed.

As I Look over the latest hotfix post, I can't stop myself from thinking: These are REALLY substancial numbers.
    With that in mind, what the hell did they have the Alpha for? Or the Beta?
    Was it purely for advertisement?
    Most, if not all, of these issues where mentioned, and ignore by Blizzard during the beta.
    And now, when shit has hit the fan, they`re clearly panicking...

Am I the only one thinking like this?
    Boggles my mind at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Krbl View Post
    This is terrible. From personal experience, the nerf is not warranted.

Shadow sucks at AOE, but now also doesn't excel single target.

To me it looks like the whole spec now gets balanced around high end S2M potential, which most of the players probably aren't able to realize anyway.

This is a design problem that needs to be addressed.
    If you look at the variance, top performing S2M matches average Ret, while poorly performing is just over half the damage of an average Ret...

Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    If you look at the variance, top performing S2M matches average Ret, while poorly performing is just over half the damage of an average Ret...
    I get your point: Specs that are probably a lot easier to play than spriest get similar DPS results.

However, this is only true for players of average skill.

Top performing spriests top the meters, and seem to do more DPS than other specs:

warcraftlogs /statistics/10#dataset=100

The problem is that the class now gets balanced around the top performers, which must appear to the average player as an undeserved nurf.

Just saw new (and in case of spriest updated) patch notes came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krbl View Post
    I get your point: Specs that are probably a lot easier to play than spriest get similar DPS results.

However, this is only true for players of average skill.

Top performing spriests top the meters, and seem to do more DPS than other specs:

warcraftlogs /statistics/10#dataset=100

The problem is that the class now gets balanced around the top performers, which must appear to the average player as an undeserved nurf.
    Designing for the Top %1 of players usually is a bad idea and applying nerfs because of them is even worse. Especially if you have a (literal) massive amount of players. The problem, IMO, is that you have such a big variance if you look at shadow priest damage with considerable margin to the bottom but very little towards the top. For me, that means it's easy to play very badly while it is really, really hard to push the limit. If you put that in contrast to the other classes it seems kind of silly, especially if changes are put in place to make it even easier to play badly.