Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are artifact appearances still going to be obtainable AND transmoggable after Legion?

So I'm a little confused with the wording here. Ion stated that you can obtain the artifact appearances even when legion is over but you won't be able to mog them into other weapons unless you earned them during the expansion?

Or will you be able to earn them and transmog them when legion is over? A bit confused here. I know they originally stated they aren't going to let you earn the appearances when legion is over so those who played Legion have something to show for it, is that still the objective? Confused with what he said.

After Legion you wont be able to get them as Tmorg no.

You Will be able to get them after and any you collected may be used in mogs.

Ah okay so you can still get them after you just won't be able to transmog them. Gotcha! Sounds good to me. Thanks for the answers!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think it has been stated clearly enough to be positive either way. I don't feel like farming every xmog of every spec of every class, but if I have to I will at the expense of all other possible progression. I don't like when I'm on a time limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

You will be able to earn the appearances so you can transmog other weapons to look like the Artifacts after Legion is over in some time limited way. Guess that kinda says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    You will be able to earn the appearances so you can transmog other weapons to look like the Artifacts after Legion is over ]in some time limited way.
    That part, i dont get it, what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    You will be able to earn the appearances so you can transmog other weapons to look like the Artifacts after Legion is over in some time limited way. Guess that kinda says it.
    That's what confused me. They said you won't be able to transmog them after legion, and this quote says you will in some time limited way? It's confusing.

My main question I guess is this: Will you be able to earn AND transmog the appearances after legion or can you only transmog them if you earn them during legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

My main question I guess is this: Will you be able to earn AND transmog the appearances after legion or can you only transmog them if you earn them during legion?
    According to todays Q&A stream -

You can only transmog them if you earn them during legion.
    You can still earn them after legion is over, but not transmog them. Transmogging is a bonus for people that actively played legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm a little confused with the wording here. Ion stated that you can obtain the artifact appearances even when legion is over but you won't be able to mog them into other weapons unless you earned them during the expansion?

Or will you be able to earn them and transmog them when legion is over? A bit confused here. I know they originally stated they aren't going to let you earn the appearances when legion is over so those who played Legion have something to show for it, is that still the objective? Confused with what he said.
    According to the Devs just now, they will be available and mogable, however, it'll be in some limited way...

Artifact Appearances
    Artifact appearances won't be removed at the end of the expansion. You will be able to see them and unlock them still.
    You will be able to earn the appearances so you can transmog other weapons to look like the Artifacts after Legion is over in some time limited way.
    The team will figure out a solution to making the Artifact cat and bear forms available after Legion.

I'm guessing the hidden artifact mogs that require you to do super hard challenges on your character may not be available after Legion.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-11-11 at 10:50 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    According to todays Q&A stream -

You can only transmog them if you earn them during legion.
    You can still earn them after legion is over, but not transmog them. Transmogging is a bonus for people that actively played legion.
    @Saverem Two different answers. I guess it really is confusing?

I'm assuming that transmogging the artifacts will only be for people who played legion. You can still earn them after but can't mog them.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Saverem Two different answers. I guess it really is confusing?

I'm assuming that transmogging the artifacts will only be for people who played legion. You can still earn them after but can't mog them.
    From what I take it, some will (like the Order Hall quest ones and the Hidden artifact ones) and some won't (guessing the PvP and/or raiding ones won't since content will be trivial after Legion). Also guessing new Hiddens that will be coming soon that requires the class to do challenging stuff won't as well since that content would also be trivial in the next expansion, unless they scale it with level or something.

However, if you've unlocked those during Legion, all of them should be transmogable going forward since you earned it during the proper difficulty.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

What about druid appearances?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The stream was really quite explicit in that. Go watch it if you want clarity. You can still do the content if you want to, but the mogs are for legion players (the "limited time" factor being "only during the legion expansion"). I prefer to watch the stream myself instead of judging from mmo-c transcripts, subtle nuances often get lost or confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What about druid appearances?
    They said the same idea applies, what you have unlocked during legion, you should be able to keep. In what technical way exactly, they do not know yet. Next expansion is still some way off, after all.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-11-11 at 11:00 PM.

Okay thank you guys! Makes perfect sense. You can still do the stuff but only people who played legion can mog them. Got it. Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The stream was really quite explicit in that. Go watch it if you want clarity. You can still do the content if you want to, but the mogs are for legion players (the "limited time" factor being "only during the legion expansion"). I prefer to watch the stream myself instead of judging from mmo-c transcripts, subtle nuances often get lost or confused.
    what timestamp ?

also will everything stay class-locked ? i.e. the TF hidden will be a rogue sword x-mog only ? or all swords ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    also will everything stay class-locked ? i.e. the TF hidden will be a rogue sword x-mog only ? or all swords ?
    They didn't comment on this in this interview, but they have previously said that it will indeed remain class-locked.

... has it been stated for a fact what their plans are for this yet?

They really should make certain appearances unlock accountwide. I mean, it's fine to put an appearance gated behind a level 13 prestige grind, but having to do that on ALL classes to unlock each one of them is too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they keep removing ability to get stuff ? I respect the dev but I find it stupid. The game is huge enough for it to NOT need removed content.

They have an immense game and they still focus on 10% of it, all the time, and randomly remove things, which are 0.1% of all things, why not give incentive to explore 100 % of the game without having timed reward ? Power reward are sufficient enough for the "timed" content. Hello Ion : P

Let us enjoy the game at our pace, not having to follow a deadline to get the things we WANT, it isn't interesting gameplay, yet we play because yes we love the game regardless
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-11-11 at 11:26 PM.