Mana super-tight in raids?

^Topic. I'm finding that even in normal EN, mana usage is through the roof. I'm OOMing on every fight, and if not OOMing, then ending at 0-5% mana, even after using a potion.

As Disc, I only made one attempt and it was absolutely horrid. Even after potion, I was completely OOM when the boss was around 50%. Went Holy after that. On Ursoc I was OOM right as he died, so that's okay I guess. Didn't get any further than that.

I was #1 on healing, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that's making me burn through so much mana. Or was the DPS just bad and not killing fast enough? Not enough healers? IIRC we were 4-healing 15man.

- - - Updated - - -

Ran LFR again, and same story. OOM on all 3 fights when the boss was still above 25%.

How do I not OOM as Disc in a raid? I'm not even using PWR very often.

You need to manage your atonements better. Ideally you should be running OOM after a mana pot right as the boss dies.

I know it'll sound weird, but smite less. You don't need to always be casting, especially with the new mana model.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You need to manage your atonements better.
    The only way I've found to do that is "never cast PWR ever because it costs too much mana". I tried just throwing out Pleas and only using PWR when huge raidwide damage was coming, but even then I found myself running dry around 15-20% boss health.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The only way I've found to do that is "never cast PWR ever because it costs too much mana". I tried just throwing out Pleas and only using PWR when huge raidwide damage was coming, but even then I found myself running dry around 15-20% boss health.
    You should really only be casting PW: R when you're applying a lot of atonements in preparation of a big damage spike. Outside of that, just maintain your atonement on the tanks and people with ticking debuffs (Usually 2-3 atonements) and DPS. If you find yourself really hurting on mana, then smite less. There's nothing wrong with sitting there letting your mana regen a bit. You're a burst healer, not a sustain one.

Yeah, I watched a handful of EN Disc videos, and it looked like they were just keeping Atonements on the tanks and pretty much ignoring small raid damage. They'd only throw out a Plea or Shadowmend on raid members if they dipped really low. (30-40%)
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-28 at 08:23 PM.