Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lightbulb Most Underrated Addons [Legion Edition]

World Quest Group Finder
    Most world quests can be completed very quickly when in a group. A lot of players are probably doing the same world quest as you at the same time, but on other servers. Creating a group every time you start a world quest would take too much time, and looking for one is annoying too. World Quest Group Finder was created to make this process automatic!

XIV_Databar
    a simple databar display

Details!
    Is an AddOn for deep combat analysis, relying with a bunch of bundled plugins, it's capable to give all the information you need on few clicks. It also is easy to use with a clean and dynamic interface

NomiCakes
    Displays how many recipes are learnable on each of Nomi's work order options.

Personal Loot Helper
    Personal Loot Helper (PLH) simplifies trading of personal loot by notifying you when a drop is not an upgrade for the looter, but is an upgrade for you or others in your group!

Premade Filter
    A tool to filter LFG search results. A way to forget about undesirable groups. A dialog where you can choose any criterias to search for a group you wish to join. A monitor that rescues you from clicking refresh button.

what are in your opinion the most underrated addons?
    Last edited by Lynox; 2016-10-01 at 07:31 PM.

I wouldn't argue that XIV databar is underrated, because it isn't working with existing brokers and therefore has the freedom to do whatever formatting they want.
    What is it actually bringing in terms of functionality that current brokers are not.
    Not a lot in my opinion, except perhaps the badges.

I had not heard of the NomiCakes addon before, so thank you for drawing that to my attention.

PLH is a bit more subjective.
    I can't determine from its addon page if it is judging from anything other than item level.

Blizzard intentionally opened up the Group Finder to filtering and sorting addons, them even saying it was for people to improve upon that.

World Quest Group Finder is another I was not aware of.

As for what I use or have used in the past.
    Gnosis as more than just a castbar replacement, having good tracking features too.
    EventHorizon, not being something I can get on with, but is a really different format for tracking.
    Opie, rather unique way of getting stuff off on-screen buttons.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-01 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I love threads like this, because usually I always find at least 1 new AddOn to install.

OPie
    With more than 1 million downloads OPie might be too big to be considered underrated, but this is one of those AddOns that everyone should have. I don't understand why OPie isn't among top 50 mods on Curse. I've been using OPie since its early days in late TBC, and it might be the only AddOn that I've never changed since then.

OPie lets you bind sets of abilities into "rings", which you bind to one key. When you press that key, the ring appears, and you move your mouse towards the ability you want to use, then release the key. There's no better way to have things like your professions, raid target markers, portal spells, etc. bound. What's even better is that there's an automated ring for quest items, so you have a single key binding that let's you access any quest items you may have.

One important thing that you need to know about OPie is that its default settings suck. By default the rings appear in the middle of your screen, so you need to move your mouse a lot to select the right ability. In the settings you can make the rings appear at your mouse, which makes it a million times easier to use. I wouldn't be surprised, if many people tried out OPie without changing this setting, and deemed the AddOn useless, because it's so annoying to use when the rings appear in the middle of your screen.

AutoLootPlus
    AutoLootPlus is a very simple AddOn that makes you loot things faster. Normally there is a slight delay on auto loot, probably because the UI designers at Blizzard thought that it would be a good idea to let the loot window show for a short while, so that the player has time to see the loot before it's automatically looted. With AutoLootPlus you loot so fast, that you won't even see what's in the loot window before it's already gone.

Cecile_QuickLaunch
    Cecile QuickLaunch lets you use items, toys, mounts, spells, etc. just by typing the name into a search bar. If you want to create a portal to Orgrimmar, you can just type "orgr", and it should already be in the search results. It's really useful for things like summoning a mount you don't usually use.

ExtraQuestButton
    Even though OPie makes using quest items really simple, there's always a way to make things even simpler. ExtraQuestButton creates a frame that imitates ExtraActionButton for quest items, and it even automatically uses the same binding. It chooses which quest item to show based on your location, so 95% of the time it shows the right quest item you'd want to use. Sometimes you might have 2 quests with usable quest items in the same area, and that's why you still need OPie's quest item ring.

Talent Set Manager
    Allows you to save talent layouts.

Telemancy
    Shows Suramar portals on your map.

DialogKey
    Allows you to choose a dialogue option by pressing the corresponding number key.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalolt View Post
    I love threads like this, because usually I always find at least 1 new AddOn to install.
    same here, just installed 3 of your mentioned addons - thanks

Deleted
    Opie is the only one i can think of atm.

Armory QuickLink Legion - right clicky player name for armory link, then alt tab on browser to view
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/armoryquicklink-wod

CombatTime - a small stopwatch, it reset to 0 for every new combat. it is useful for tracking down how far you into fight for certain boss
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/combattime

InterruptAnnouncer - it annouce in /say after you success interupt. yes, only success interupted, not fake one
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/interruptannouncer

Scrap (Junk Seller) - automatic sell all grey item when you visit any shop
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/scrap

KuiNameplates -- used tiny nameplate forecer but I am not happy to Tiny nameplate in Legion, let me know if you have better nameplate addon
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/kuinameplates

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it's pretty underappreciated lately, since every time I see someone answer a "what bag mod" question they say something like Bagnon -- but, you guys, ArkInventory is incredible. Take some time to get it configured how you want it and it's absolutely nuts. I have rules set up that basically keep every possible category of items separated -- I have my Legion bait in one place, my artifact power stuff in one place, my reagents split up by category. Seriously, if I had to choose a single addon, this would be the one.

AutoLog is convenience if nothing else. It lets you configure what kind of instances you want to turn combat logging on for -- great for when you're dumb (like, uh, me) and forget to turn on logs before the raid start and miss an entire boss. Not that that has happened, or anything. >>

Raven is hands down the best buff/debuff tracker I've used since Satrina Buff Frames. It has what some might consider a pretty daunting configuration menu, but that also means that it's really powerful.

Stuf is my go-to unitframe addon lately. It lets me do things that e.g. Pitbull won't, like lay my unit portrait over my healthbar, for example.

PLH doesn't (because without everyone inputting their own sim'd stat weights, how could it?) calculate any kind of upgrade other than item level.

but it is super useful to know which items can be traded.

although i find the spitting out of the data into chat a bit.. idk. it is a fine feature within a guild or group of friends, but in lfr it opens you wide up to 10 whispers if someone else's PLH is set to announce in chat about the crappy item you got is tradeable.
    i've already received quite a bit of harassment over it.. (wah wah why don't you give me it <slur> etc.) this is a feature i'd like to see disabled outside of a "Guild Group," if that is possible.

when i do my daily heroic it is great, i can see which player has the lowest ilvl and i generally just throw the item at them without even asking. nobody has declined a trade so far, so i feel i am doing a tiny part to help inflate everyone's ilvl and render ridiculous ilvl requirements on the premade finder even less effective than warforged/titanforged wq's already have done

in summary, PLH is great in a polite group or friends group, or when the output to group chat feature is disabled. but it can be a nightmare in lfr (sometimes in a pug mythic or +), so have your ignore / report language button ready.

Clean Combat - Fades or hides the minimap and quest log when in combat
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/clean-combat

I Learned What? - keeps track of the content you unlock while leveling
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ilearnedwhat

GnomishVendorShrinker - compact vendor frame with a simple one-line-per-item interface
    https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...rShrinker.html

Transmog Tokens - States if you need the appearance of an item the tier token can buy and tells you the location of where the tier token can be redeemed
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/transmogtokens

Inline Aura.

Not being maintained any more, but still works nonetheless. Aside from Bartender, probably the most important addon ever for me. It displays various types of ability information directly on the icon - duration, cooldown, application count, etc. Further, it can also be set up do display information of a related buff or debuff, for example: show the number of Festering Wounds generated by Festering Strike on the Scourge Strike key. Or: show if Meat Cleaver is active on the Whirlwind key. This makes things incredibly intuitive, and much better than having a shitton of bars and other shit that clutters up the screen and is just distracting. It also increases reaction time, because the eyes don't have to wander between three points (action on the screen, tracking bars and action bars), but only two.

I'm a massive fan of Bagsync.
    Great way to know what you have account wide, and where it is. Hovering over any given inventory item adds an additional tooltip telling you how many of that item each character has, and whether it's in bags/bank/reagent bank/void storage. Also adds a search function if you don't have said item on hand but want to check which alt you left it on. Can track resources/gold similarly. Very useful.

please this thread is everything !

Deleted
    FarmHud

Back when i used SpartanUi it had a built in version of this and has always been helpful for gathering. Using this I can auto pilot gathering while watching Netflix.

TY for the Nomicakes addon. Installed that shit instantly.

Deleted
    Thanks for the mentions above, some useful stuff. I will add some small quality of life addons:

easydeleteconfirm
    no longer need to type 'delete'

gottagofast
    mythic+ timer including 2/3 chest thresholds

bonusrollpreview
    integrates into the bonus roll frame to easily see what items you may get from bonus rolls

My favourities:

Bank Items
    Very "classic" in style addon to preview and search contents of your alts' bags, bank, void storage and mailbox, using it since wotlk, too bad curse version is outdated and you have to go to wowace to find the legion version.

Map Coords
    Most map / minimap addons have in-built coords, but if you want a lightweight standalone one that doesn't mess with anything else, this one is my old fav.

Minimap Button Frame
    When you have too many addons adding buttons to your minimap and starting overlapping each other. Some minimap addons have their own solutions for it, sadly not all, so it might come handy.

Adapt
    This one isn't utility addon, but a cosmetic one, I still love it.
    For when you want to have animated 3d portraits without x-perl or elv ui.
    I hate the bug with default portraits since new models got implemented - often the portrait "smears" randomly and stays bugged until /reload or even after. It's still not fixed so I use the addon to get better portraits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pouncekite View Post
    I feel like it's pretty underappreciated lately, since every time I see someone answer a "what bag mod" question they say something like Bagnon -- but, you guys, ArkInventory is incredible. Take some time to get it configured how you want it and it's absolutely nuts. I have rules set up that basically keep every possible category of items separated -- I have my Legion bait in one place, my artifact power stuff in one place, my reagents split up by category. Seriously, if I had to choose a single addon, this would be the one.
    That's one reason why I avoid this addon and few others similar to it. I don't like my stuff split around. I just want my bags to not take all my screen (playing on a laptop 1366x768 resolution), so I need an addon that coalesces them. But I don't like auto sorting, default blizzard or addon alike.

I would say it is hard to realistically call any legion specific addons "underrated" yet, due to how short a time relatively they have been out.

I think really we should be defining underrated as being a less popular option compared to something else, but arguably better.
    Details would be a good example there, compared to the established Recount which I think tends to cling on by habit.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-03 at 04:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    ColorPickerPlus

Quote Originally Posted by Miiru View Post
    ColorPickerPlus
    please not too much information on this...

ColorPickerPlus hooks into the standard Color Picker to provide

text entry for colors (RGB and hex values),
    text entry for the alpha value (transparency/opacity),
    copy and paste of a single color,
    a movable frame,
    a color swatch for the color that you will be replacing
    a color swatch for the copied color that may be pasted.
    With these enhancements, you can precisely describe a color and coordinate colors within and between add-ons.

A shift-click on the Copy button will paste the decimal RGB values for the chosen color into the chat window. This was added as a utility for add-on developers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalolt View Post
    OPie
    Agreed! A really great addon.
    AutoLootPlus
    May not get many downloads because XLoot does the same and more, with a customizable loot monitor etc...
    (Not allowed to post links yet )

Deleted
    Leatrix Plus -

Server Hop - allows you to find objectives for your achievements, collections and quests with drasticly increased speed.

Spy - detects enemy players near you and alerts you to possible incoming PvP.

Gnosis - customize cast bar

BestInSlot - set your own Best In Slot list and share it with raid members and guild members for easy raid managing

BonusRollPreview - allows you to see at a blance what the possible yields from a bonus roll would be

Collect Me - keeps track of your mounts, companions, titles, toys and followers in the game and can show you what mounts, companions, titles and toys you're missing with additional information on where to get them.

Doom_CooldownPulse - flashes the icon of your spell when it comes off cooldown

Examiner - extra character info

Enemy Grid - like a Grid2 but for enemy

ConsLegion - speed leveling

Archy - archeology helper

Tekticles - better font
    Last edited by mmocbfb83327fa; 2016-10-03 at 09:48 AM.