Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I keep meaning to try it, but haven't yet: what about taking Aura of sacrifice? Then when the entire raid needs healing pop aura mastery (gives 15% of all your heals to anyone covered by your aura (40yrds for 6 sec)) do a lay on hands, followed by holy shock followed by light of dawn followed by LotM and you on paper could take an entire raid that was at 1%hp to 100%hp in 6 seconds. Of course it's kind of a long cd and a bit of a gimmic, but really not much more so than tranquility.
    While it would be a pretty significant heal I don't think it'd top off the whole raid as fast as aura of mercy. Lets say you have 100% effective healing while it is active. So you get a 2 million LoH, 500k holy shock, 1 million light of dawn, and a 400k LotM. 15% of that is 585k healed to the whole raid. This is a lot, mind you, but I think 5 healers getting 15% extra healing for 8 seconds would probably be able to heal everybody more effectively than 1 person trying to cover all the bases. I think it is valid if there is one heavy AoE phase though because you can pop ALL of your cooldowns (aura mastery, HA, AW, Tyr's) and get this up to like a million healed on the whole raid. You just wont have any cooldowns for the rest of the fight lol. Looks OK on paper at least.

Deleted
    It is actually the reason I find myeslf spend more time on my holy paladin than my main mage -- I love the weapon, and that libram on the waist is an amazing addition.

Also, I love it. I healed competitively since TBC in alt runs. It is nothing like Cata's amazing healing; the expansion that distinguished good healers from bad healers, but I like this model more than "hurr hurr mastery absorbs DRRRRRR" that we had for the past two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    It is actually the reason I find myeslf spend more time on my holy paladin than my main mage -- I love the weapon, and that libram on the waist is an amazing addition.

Also, I love it. I healed competitively since TBC in alt runs. It is nothing like Cata's amazing healing; the expansion that distinguished good healers from bad healers, but I like this model more than "hurr hurr mastery absorbs DRRRRRR" that we had for the past two expansions.
    I didn't heal in Cata, but I think TBC and Wrath did a good job of distinguishing good healers from bad healers. I fondly remember solo burn healing brutallus as the single most challenging thing I have ever done. What made cata healing so different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I didn't heal in Cata, but I think TBC and Wrath did a good job of distinguishing good healers from bad healers. I fondly remember solo burn healing brutallus as the single most challenging thing I have ever done. What made cata healing so different?
    I agree with you that TBC and WotLK had their moments, but honestly paladins particularly in WotLK were just overpowered for their rule of tank healing. Of course, you were still required to use your utility for raid assist, but your niche remained as a tank healer.

As for Cata... For starter, the drastic change in the healing philosophy for paladins. You just couldn't afford being a tank healer anymore, especially on fights like Chimaeron, Al'Akir, Cho'gall, among many others. The introduction of mastery for starter, too (but that came more in play later in MoP). Your positioning for Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn became much more important than "glyph of holy light will heal melee lol" .

The overall change in mechanics, too. Raiding took a straight up curve in difficulty there and that wasn't only for healers, but especially for them. You became required to interrupt while keeping your group alive (Nefarian comes to mind).

Above are only examples. I could write an essay.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-10-03 at 08:50 AM.

I agree with you that TBC and WotLK had their moments, but honestly paladins particularly in WotLK were just overpowered for their rule of tank healing. Of course, you were still required to use your utility for raid assist, but your niche remained as a tank healer.

As for Cata... For starter, the drastic change in the healing philosophy for paladins. You just couldn't afford being a tank healer anymore, especially on fights like Chimaeron, Al'Akir, Cho'gall, among many others. The introduction of mastery for starter, too (but that came more in play later in MoP). Your positioning for Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn became much more important than "glyph of holy light will heal melee lol" .

The overall change in mechanics, too. Raiding took a straight up curve in difficulty there and that wasn't only for healers, but especially for them. You became required to interrupt while keeping your group alive (Nefarian comes to mind).

Above are only examples. I could write an essay.
    I wouldn't say they were overpowered, I mean throughout TBC and WotLK tanks would often nearly get one shot by abilities (for example: iron council hard mode you had to have a heal timed to hit right as fusion punch lands then dispel before it ticked once or your tank could die) so you HAD to be hugely effective at tank healing. I should note that I was a resto druid for both the end of TBC and through WotLK. It sounds like in cata they reduced tank damage quite a bit and increased raid damage (which is arguably easier imo?)

Deleted
    I wouldn't say they were overpowered, I mean throughout TBC and WotLK tanks would often nearly get one shot by abilities so you HAD to be hugely effective at tank healing. I should note that I was a resto druid for both the end of TBC and through WotLK. It sounds like in cata they reduced tank damage quite a bit and increased raid damage (which is arguably easier imo?)
    Nope. Tank damage remained spiky and you gained in raid damage and mechanics. It was a lot harder, not only on healers; everyone got a lot more responsibilities to cover.

Also, I forgot to say, mana regen became actually a thing that matters again.

Man, those were fun times.

Nope. Tank damage remained spiky and you gained in raid damage and mechanics. It was a lot harder, not only on healers; everyone got a lot more responsibilities to cover.

Also, I forgot to say, mana regen became actually a thing that matters again.

Man, those were fun times.
    So tanks were still able to die in half a second in cata (I edited in an example from hard mode iron council in my other post)? Also, mana regen mattered a lot of the time even in BC and wrath when you pushed content. I remember our shamans going OOM on brutallus even with spriest in the group to give them huge mana regen, in addition to swapping in shamans to their group for tide rotations, and receiving my innervate. I think druids were the only ones that really managed to avoid mana regen issues most of the time and that is largely because of how much spirit we stacked and innervate giving us a second mana bar essentially.

Deleted
    So tanks were still able to die in half a second in cata (I edited in an example from hard mode iron council in my other post)? Also, mana regen mattered a lot of the time even in BC and wrath when you pushed content. I remember our shamans going OOM on brutallus even with spriest in the group to give them huge mana regen, in addition to swapping in shamans to their group for tide rotations, and receiving my innervate. I think druids were the only ones that really managed to avoid mana regen issues most of the time and that is largely because of how much spirit we stacked and innervate giving us a second mana bar essentially.
    Yeah. They did. There were mechanics that were very taxing on tanks as well (example being Maloriak's adds, or a single more stack on Ragnaros than necessary).

It was still much worse in Cata in term of regen at the beginning. Honestly, you needed to have been there to understand; T11 is regarded as one of the best raiding tiers in the history of the game among elite players for a reason.

The only thing bad about T11 was that casuals really got no chance. Could you say the same about T7?

Yeah. They did. There were mechanics that were very taxing on tanks as well (example being Maloriak's adds, or a single more stack on Ragnaros than necessary).

It was still much worse in Cata in term of regen at the beginning. Honestly, you needed to have been there to understand; T11 is regarded as one of the best raiding tiers in the history of the game among elite players for a reason.

The only thing bad about T11 was that casuals really got no chance. Could you say the same about T7?
    T7 was a cakewalk, T8 is where the challenge began and where most people really fondly remember wrath. I don't remember anybody saying anything good about cata ever, so I wonder where you heard that T11 was the best ever. Even more odd is that the difficulty doesn't seem that great since it was fully cleared in less than a month but it took 3 months to clear ulduar and about 2.5 months to clear sunwell. T9 was kind of a throwaway easy raid and it still took over a month to full clear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only peev I have with the Holy Paladin artifact, is that it uses Staff animations, instead of 2H-mace/sword/axe, even in transmogs. Some are plain silly if the handle is too short D: And of course 'stabbing' with a hammer looks weird, too.

Other than that, it's an amazing artifact!

Deleted
    T7 was a cakewalk, T8 is where the challenge began and where most people really fondly remember wrath. I don't remember anybody saying anything good about cata ever, so I wonder where you heard that T11 was the best ever. Even more odd is that the difficulty doesn't seem that great since it was fully cleared in less than a month but it took 3 months to clear ulduar and about 2.5 months to clear sunwell. T9 was kind of a throwaway easy raid and it still took over a month to full clear it.
    I didn't say it was the best ever. Also, it isn't a great expansion, but raiding is one of the top points in it (except for shitty Dragon Soul).

You are listening too much to the negative things people has to say. If you want, make a poll and you will see that 65% of people at least will tell you they enjoyed the expansion. While 35% is a HUGE percentage for people not to enjoy it, but the forums usually mislead you to think that it is otherwise.

Let's not turn this into "this expansion is better/worse than that" because this isn't the topic of it. We already know that WotLK was an overall better expansion. If you want to make that poll about whether or not people enjoyed Cata or not though, please PM me the link to the topic and i will participate. I am happy to be proven wrong, because I know I won't, since I did it before multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    The only peev I have with the Holy Paladin artifact, is that it uses Staff animations, instead of 2H-mace/sword/axe, even in transmogs. Some are plain silly if the handle is too short D: And of course 'stabbing' with a hammer looks weird, too.

Other than that, it's an amazing artifact!
    The animation is actually kind of fitting in my opinion, but I see your point.

I didn't say it was the best ever. Also, it isn't a great expansion, but raiding is one of the top points in it (except for shitty Dragon Soul).

You are listening too much to the negative things people has to say. If you want, make a poll and you will see that 65% of people at least will tell you they enjoyed the expansion. While 35% is a HUGE percentage for people not to enjoy it, but the forums usually mislead you to think that it is otherwise.

Let's not turn this into "this expansion is better/worse than that" because this isn't the topic of it. We already know that WotLK was an overall better expansion. If you want to make that poll about whether or not people enjoyed Cata or not though, please PM me the link to the topic and i will participate. I am happy to be proven wrong, because I know I won't, since I did it before multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

The animation is actually kind of fitting in my opinion, but I see your point.
    I have no intention of starting any polls, there have been enough polls about expansions in the past. Just saying I have never heard T11 come up in anybodies lists of favorite raid tiers.

Deleted
    I have no intention of starting any polls, there have been enough polls about expansions in the past. Just saying I have never heard T11 come up in anybodies lists of favorite raid tiers.
    Give me until I get out of work, and i will link you some proof in PMs.

edit - check this out for example:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Best-to-Worst

This is just from a random google search. I can delve into more later.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-10-03 at 10:08 AM.

I will never enjoy 2H.

Give me until I get out of work, and i will link you some proof in PMs.

edit - check this out for example:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Best-to-Worst

This is just from a random google search. I can delve into more later.
    It feels like this doesn't really quite prove your point very well since it appears to average around 5th with a lot of people not doing any vanilla and a few not doing any in BC lol. I am not meaning to say that T11 is bad, just that you don't hear people reminisce about T11.

Deleted
    It feels like this doesn't really quite prove your point very well since it appears to average around 5th with a lot of people not doing any vanilla and a few not doing any in BC lol. I am not meaning to say that T11 is bad, just that you don't hear people reminisce about T11.
    No hard feelings, broski!

That was just a quick search. I can give you something better after getting out of work. You said no one ever praised t11. There are few people there who disagree.

Nobody said it's the best thing ever, but ir certainly is up there.

And as I said, it's a pointless thing to argue over anyway, especially in a topic not about it. I don't mind if you awew convinced or not in essence because I am not trying to convince you.

That was just a quick search. I can give you something better after getting out of work. You said no one ever praised t11. There are few people there who disagree.

Nobody said it's the best thing ever, but ir certainly is up there.

And as I said, it's a pointless thing to argue over anyway, especially in a topic not about it. I don't mind if you awew convinced or not in essence because I am not trying to convince you.
    I said I never HEARD anybody praise T11. Of course SOME will praise T11, there were 10 million people playing the game at the time. Some will praise T7, or Dragon Soul and some will bash Ulduar. You just made it seem like a lot of the "elite" praised T11 which is what I was questioning (you said: "T11 is regarded as one of the best raiding tiers in the history of the game among elite players for a reason").

EDIT: But yea, no hard feelings.

Deleted
    I said I never HEARD anybody praise T11. Of course SOME will praise T11, there were 10 million people playing the game at the time. Some will praise T7, or Dragon Soul and some will bash Ulduar. You just made it seem like a lot of the "elite" praised T11 which is what I was questioning (you said: "T11 is regarded as one of the best raiding tiers in the history of the game among elite players for a reason").
    I understand, but now you did.

Honestly, it also got a lot of bashing for being casual unfriendly, so there is that.

I absolutely love the 2 handed mace artifact. It's one of the reasons I chose to main a healer this expansion over prot like I usually do. I recently acquired the hidden appearance and the new bubble animation is great. I do however dislike how the libram clips 3D belts.
    Last edited by Pattiecakes; 2016-10-03 at 03:43 PM.