Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Dolores is good
    Yeah, no, she stopped being the "hero" somewhere the half-way point of the very first season. (There's a reason she's wearing all black for the better part of this season so far.) Protagonist yes, good guy/hero no.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    So guys... Who do you think is inside Charlotte's envelope ? Unless I missed something it's unclear, but Teddy's the most obvious answer.

Great episode though. I loved Caleb and Dolores' discussion with the Westworld theme in the background. Great cinematography here
    I'm torn between Teddy and Clementine. I was sold on it being Clementine until the "I own you/I don't know who I would be without you" conversational bits then I started thinking Teddy. The last interaction with the kid though, moved me back to Clementine - but: I'm leaning to Teddy only because I understand how tv writing works, and not because I'm convinced by the behavior its Teddy. lol.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    I'm torn between Teddy and Clementine. I was sold on it being Clementine until the "I own you/I don't know who I would be without you" conversational bits then I started thinking Teddy. The last interaction with the kid though, moved me back to Clementine - but: I'm leaning to Teddy only because I understand how tv writing works, and not because I'm convinced by the behavior its Teddy. lol.
    I agree, I think they are purposefully confuse us with this so we keep guessing just for the "gotchya" moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

I 100% believe it's Clementine since she immediately went to sex with Charlotte's baby daddy when in a situation she didn't expect.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Clementine isnt a bad shout. But her or Teddy is a bit too obvious. Plus they both completed their character arcs. Its not impossible its them, but I think its more likely Hale is either Dolores or Wyatt. Im leaning more towards her being Wyatt with Dolores remaining the evan rachel wood body. It seems likely she split herself up and thats why hale is rejecting the body and self harming. Also why she suddenly flipped on that dude in the park because Wyatt has more violent tendencies. This was massively represented in the hotel scene where they layed together on the bed wearing black and white matching the ying and yang sign. A balance of light vs darkness represented in the two characters. Also laying in the fetal position like their was a maternal connection.

Would explain why Doloroes is so focused and only resorts to violence to defend herself now shes not saddled down with Wyatt.

Another possible option is that its in another timeline and its caleb. His mother had schizophrenia and its possible thats he also has mental illness and thats reflected in his AI form also with Hale.

Will be interesting either way. Loving the season so far. Aaron Paul was a great addition, he really adds an emotional weight to the show. His acting on the pier with a certain phonecall was just some epic tier acting.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-04-02 at 06:47 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account

This was so good.

P.S. All the hosts are copies of Dolores.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Clementine isnt a bad shout. But her or Teddy is a bit too obvious. Plus they both completed their character arcs. Its not impossible its them, but I think its more likely Hale is either Dolores or Wyatt. Im leaning more towards her being Wyatt with Dolores remaining the evan rachel wood body. It seems likely she split herself up and thats why hale is rejecting the body and self harming. Also why she suddenly flipped on that dude in the park because Wyatt has more violent tendencies. This was massively represented in the hotel scene where they layed together on the bed wearing black and white matching the ying and yang sign. A balance of light vs darkness represented in the two characters. Also laying in the fetal position like their was a maternal connection.

Would explain why Doloroes is so focused and only resorts to violence to defend herself now shes not saddled down with Wyatt.

Another possible option is that its in another timeline and its caleb. His mother had schizophrenia and its possible thats he also has mental illness and thats reflected in his AI form also with Hale.

Will be interesting either way. Loving the season so far. Aaron Paul was a great addition, he really adds an emotional weight to the show. His acting on the pier with a certain phonecall was just some epic tier acting.
    I honestly thought it was Clementine, because I thought I saw her 'reverie' gesture when Hale was looking at herself in the mirror. I guess I was way off though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great episode, only thing that is worth looking forward to all week when it comes to entertainment. WTB cryfreeze for next Monday...
    -K

damn the plot twist with the hosts identities was awsome,and someone here was spot on weeks ago,called it like a champ because of the black and white dresses dolores and hale had

Saw this coming, but I don’t get Bernard’s still. She brought him back as well, to keep her in check?
    William parts were awesome I hope we get to see more.

Still hoping to see some sort of Robert taking form and spreading some consciousness philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    His arc seems over.

Still hoping to see some sort of Robert taking form and spreading some consciousness philosophy.
    He wanted to die, I don't see anyone disrespecting his wish (except Serac) so his arc is also over. Plus, I'm pretty sure Anthony Hopkins is done with acting.

Saw this coming, but I don’t get Bernard’s still. She brought him back as well, to keep her in check?

Bernard most likely has access to that forge/Algorithm that is the focus of the season. Everyone thinks Dolores has the key. And did she bring him out of the park? I thought he escaped.

I wasnt too far off with Dolores being Hale. I thought it was Wyatt, it didnt occur to me she would simply overwrite the "pearls" I assumed it had to be 5 different people but it did make sense she doesnt trust anyone but herself and can upload her code onto those pearls.

I saw the trailer for season 3 a month or so ago and started watching. I'm surprised I didn't start watching this sooner. Damn good show and only a few episodes into season 2.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I saw the trailer for season 3 a month or so ago and started watching. I'm surprised I didn't start watching this sooner. Damn good show and only a few episodes into season 2.
    I find season 3 a lot better than season 2. So enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    His arc seems over.

He wanted to die, I don't see anyone disrespecting his wish (except Serac) so his arc is also over. Plus, I'm pretty sure Anthony Hopkins is done with acting.
    It could be obfuscation, but I think there's definitely going to be more William. In the season trailers, there's him giving a very confident "I"m going to save the fucking world" thing that I don't think we've seen yet.

I think Ford probably won't be back, except maybe as a late scene short vision. Anthony Hopkins isn't done with acting, he still has new stuff coming out this year.

Well that was a fooking episode!

Dolores is so bad ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It could be obfuscation, but I think there's definitely going to be more William. In the season trailers, there's him giving a very confident "I"m going to save the fucking world" thing that I don't think we've seen yet.

I think Ford probably won't be back, except maybe as a late scene short vision. Anthony Hopkins isn't done with acting, he still has new stuff coming out this year.
    William will 100% be back. This episode pretty much confirmed it.

One of my pet peeves is psychedelic effects, and boy did they treat me. Black and white screen with the music blaring and all. It's such a dumb and on the nose way of portraying drugs. Totally unnecessary, lazy and imo beneath this show. Also not a fan of the French guy now being reduced to pretty much being a Bond villain, murdering his investors by slamming their face on their own private jets and trying to genetically modify his own brother.

Other than that they tried to build an entire dystopian world in less than an hour, which was a high bar they barely tumbled over, but that does indicate that they have big plans for the show. This could go many directions. Hopefully the next episodes are a bit more focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    One of my pet peeves is psychedelic effects, and boy did they treat me. Black and white screen with the music blaring and all. It's such a dumb and on the nose way of portraying drugs. Totally unnecessary, lazy and imo beneath this show. Also not a fan of the French guy now being reduced to pretty much being a Bond villain, murdering his investors by slamming their face on their own private jets and trying to genetically modify his own brother.

Other than that they tried to build an entire dystopian world in less than an hour, which was a high bar they barely tumbled over, but that does indicate that they have big plans for the show. This could go many directions. Hopefully the next episodes are a bit more focused.
    It was only black and white at the start because it was depicting film era's.

The drug was called "Genre" as was the episode. So it went through the genres of film. I didnt think it was "beneath the show" at all.

And Serac's brother aka one of the "flies in the ointment" is massively important going forward.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-04-14 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the weakest episode so far, rest have been fantastic! I too didn't like the whole 'Genre' bit...
    -K

I've been kind of back and forth on whether Dolores is good or bad. At first with the reveal of the other pearls being copies, and all the cortical fluid she was stockpiling, I thought her plan was to slowly turn everyone into her, I thought she was the big bad. Now, maybe her idea is to destroy all the loops people live in.