Ursoc HC Troubles

Hi we are a casual raiding guild from Silvermoon and we've just got to Ursoc Tonight after clearing normal and 1/7HC in the first week. We have been able to take him down to 2% as our best try and even though we think that the dps numbers might be the problem, but we are not sure about it. We usually start wiping towards the end around after 30% and it's the roar damage that mostly kills or the charges going wrong Now we really want to get this boss down and move forward with the raid and we can't seem to figure out what the exact problem is, we're confused on how better we can run this boss or should we just leave him for the time being and concentrate on other bosses.

Here is the logs from tonights raid where we wiped 18 times.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LB3YK7jXb82DmH6r

If anybody could go through this and give us a couple of tips on where to look at, we'll be really grateful.

Thank you.

DPS is the problem. Everyone should be at the very least 200k+

Pretty much all of them other than the BM hunter, should go back to the basics, they really need to read Icy Veins. Just looking at the Hunters and dot classes. they fail to keep a either keep a high uptime on their dots. Or in the hunters case, use 2 aimed shots per Sidewinders.

I really couldn't bother to go deep into the log when they don't understand what their classes can do.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Dps is clearly the problem.. nothing else to say really..

Ursoc is a poor 2nd boss choice if your dps isn't high. As pointed out by others you need to bump up numbers if you can't hammer out one of the other 3 bosses.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    DPS definitely seems to be the problem.

Also, as a Warlock myself.. Please tell your Warlock 'Koouos' that his uptime on Immolate is really shocking.
    Can't really comment about the other classes as I don't play them as seriously as Warlock.

You might want to consider using hero at the start of the fight to up your overall dps, this means Ursoc wont have so many stacks on his roar by the end. Also I know pots are expensive atm so a decent replacement is gunpowder charges. Basically your there just put the finishing touches on it.

Notice how your 1% attempt your DPS were doing significantly better?

The fight is almost all entirely a dps race.
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!

Just use the potions if its that close.

nobody should be doing below 200k in a HC fight let alone that many people

Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    DPS definitely seems to be the problem.

Also, as a Warlock myself.. Please tell your Warlock 'Koouos' that his uptime on Immolate is really shocking.
    Can't really comment about the other classes as I don't play them as seriously as Warlock.
    Aye im koouos myself, what should be the ideal uptime of immolate on bosses because at the last pull i seem to have 82% which is the fight where i along with another dps died first because we apparently came infront of the boss during one of the gazes. But other fights including the ones which are less than 15% i have 99% of uptime of immolate on the boss. It's just the last pull that seems to have uptime down to 80%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How are you handling the gaze where you have to run him through a group of people? I assume you split the raid in two groups and have the gazed person run behind the designated group. I've heard of a lot of people having the entire group move and that's a mistake. You want to reduce the amount of overall movement for your entire raid as it'll help with dps.
    Aye we are spliiting the group into two and only letting the groups stay a bit slightly towards the center while the person who has the gaze runs to the center of the room while we take the boss clockwise with the wall. I get that the point of reduced movement and will try to see what we can do to minimise movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    You might want to consider using hero at the start of the fight to up your overall dps, this means Ursoc wont have so many stacks on his roar by the end. Also I know pots are expensive atm so a decent replacement is gunpowder charges. Basically your there just put the finishing touches on it.
    Yes we discussed this after the raid, probably this will help us push him down earlier and we might also need pots as suggested if we were to clear him. Thank you.

My guild struggled when trying to save lust for the last 30. When we switched to lust at start to get the highest uptime he went down within the next 4 pulls. Also something we did that helped with the last few percent was to stop all dps at approximately 32% and let him charge on last time and get everyone up to full health. At that point you should only have 1 more charge to survive. When he charges sub 30% blow all damage reduction abilities. The key is to keep as many people alive through that charge to finish him off. If you get a second charge sub 30% its pretty much a guaranteed wipe.

I'm not very good at analyzing logs but I think you just need more dps. If everyone is around 200K+ it will probably be a kill because it looks like you guys can survive almost until the enrage

Deleted
    Your healers seem to be doing a good job, but each time you almost kill him only 2 of your 3 healing CDs are used, try to get to Frenzy with all available. You really should just use DPS potions and you'll get him.

Your mage didn't have combustion ready for BL on the 3 near-kills I checked and didn't use RoP with his last combustion. He also casts Fireball after RoP which is a DPS loss. I guess your other DPS could be failing at saving their CDs for Frenzy as well.

Tell those hunters to spec in Murder of Crows for single target fights and up their aimed shot usage.

Everyone should be flasked, food buffed and pre-potting/potting if they aren't chilling above 200k without.