Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I've ended up bouncing off New World and getting a refund, not necessarily because the game was bad but more so because apparently, my GPU (GTX 1060) can't fully handle the game even on low settings. I was just consistently getting video lag every now and then, to the point that it became too annoying to deal with.

That said, the game itself is enjoyable enough. Nothing earth-shaking or really innovative, but it does its job well. The crafting system, in particular, seemed very interesting. Combat was a tad on the boring side, but not awful. Like I said, it's all "good enough".
    I have a 3070 and 3700x and the game runs like crap for me too. Constant micro stutters and overall clunkiness.

I'm assuming it's largely because it doesn't have an official driver yet, but ya it's affecting even people with more modern stuff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Not saying you are wrong but wow has around 13mil subs atm if not more

- - - Updated - - -

People with higher end systems than the person you replied to are seeing lag and fps issues. Even on the starting screen. It is the game. It needs work.
    WoW has barely more than 2 million subs worldwide (not counting china), the entire blizzard monthly user base fell 29% over the course of the pandemic, and the latest issues have caused yet more people to stop using blizzard products, i don't know which orifice you pulled your number from but kindly don't in future.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really know a lot about PC's, other than that my machine was a pretty decent one when I bought it about 4 years ago. The processor is an i7-7700, if that means anything. Pretty much no game gives me any trouble except rarely I'll come across something that shows video stuttering/lag, like New World does. But, again, that's very rare.
    if we were to ignore the silicon shortage and massive price hikes your system today would be considered low end at best, sadly due to the shortages and other issues you're more of a low midrange system if you're running an i7, that said it's a non K sku meaning that you will be forced to upgrade sooner than later since it's a locked cpu, and more newer games are starting to really take advantage of the superior core count and core clocks of more modern cpus, leaving many old models behind.
    Last edited by rogoth; 2021-07-24 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    No, the issue is not with the game. No game is able to brick a well-designed graphics card no matter how shitty its coding is. Unless that game is literal malware that can somehow hack into the driver or the VBIOS and alter the temperature/power protection.

The issue is 100% on the graphics card maker: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm...e_of_failures/
    Except the card only does what the software tells it to do. And New World's problem wasn't just the runaway FPS (and even runaway FPS alone is already damaging to GPUs, DOOM Eternal had just the runaway FPS issue and it led to cards overheating). People who capped their FPS to 60 still had their high-end cards act in nonsensical manner where their fans maxed out and the temperatures skyrocketed above the threshold.

And weirdly enough, it affected other cards than EVGA's RTX3090 FTW3s. The list of cards fried by New World even included high-end AMDs cards. You know, that EVGA doesn't make. Because in the real world and not in your "ermahgerd EVGA bad, Amazon flawless" one, the issue affected cards from all manufacturers. But I'm sure it had nothing to do with the one common denominator and all of them just designed shitty cards that brick easily. The fact that no other game somehow bricks the whole range of those shitty cards easily? Merely a coincidence for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I thought it was confirmed its more than EVGA, its just that EVGA has the most market share so "more EVGA cards are failing".
    Correct on both counts. It didn't even affect just the 3090s or just Nvidia cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've ended up bouncing off New World and getting a refund, not necessarily because the game was bad but more so because apparently, my GPU (GTX 1060) can't fully handle the game even on low settings. I was just consistently getting video lag every now and then, to the point that it became too annoying to deal with.

That said, the game itself is enjoyable enough. Nothing earth-shaking or really innovative, but it does its job well. The crafting system, in particular, seemed very interesting. Combat was a tad on the boring side, but not awful. Like I said, it's all "good enough".
    I got 1060 and it works just fine if I play on 1080p. 1440p it's a bit too laggy (40-50 fps), but on 1080p it's fine (60-100).
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account

That's the CDN problems -- they're serving content via CDN -- and for a week now we have had the same woes WoW has with LAG BEAST during DDOS attacks.

It's the internet causing lag spikes -- if you're on the East Coast -- you will see the big red warning "LAG DETECTED" and POOF you're knocked offline.

It's the same woes other major companies are facing too (like banks; airlines and more). It's on the entire East Coast.

The game is HARSH on computers now, yes, because there's been limited optimization passes. They're on that nasty deadline before release that is a plague in the industry, too. It'll resemble WoW in 2004 (new game releases are like that), with a lot of optimization runs needed afterwards.

But it's "ready-to-go".

BE WARNED: New World you must be goal-orientated. There's no hand holding (that's the survival element in the game). It's made for vets who know gaming and the goals needed and how to play "their way".

Advice: do the MAIN quest line FULLY (don't bypass it, it's the only way to upgrade your camp). Everything else is optional and not required to do.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Yeah sorry, looked into it a lot more and it seems like there's a huge imbalance between performances. And the 3090 failures are quite sad to see (even if that's Nvidias fault really).
    Might be best to chill and see how it turns out a while after release.

And the other guys comment, you seriously think WoW has 13 million subs? That's not even close to true . Check this Google trend out: https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...=%2Fm%2F021dvx

During 2009~ WoW peaked in WLK with like 13 million subs. And according to Mr. Google, WoW isn't even close to as popular to talk about online. You can see the little Blip 2019 when Classic was released and it avg. a bit more.

But the avg. now is around 10-12 "trend points"or whatever its called. During the time Blizzard actually had 13+ million subs for WoW it had 85-95 points. Not sure exactly how Googles trend system works but.. Compare the trend with Blizzards sub graph and you'll see it matches quite perfectly.
    It actually has 13 mil if not more. It is actually extremely active. I havent seen it this active since wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I imagined as much. PC components improve so rapidly that staying up-to-date with the new hotness seems to be a constant endeavor I'm happy with my machine, though, it does nearly everything I want it to do very well. If I can't run some of the newest games, that's just the price I pay for not blowing my money on whatever is the newest hardware. I can play all the games I really care most about, like FFXIV, SWTOR, STO, DDO, and BG3, and there's plenty of games that come out all the time that I can run just fine so I'll wait a few more years, at least, before considering a new rig.
    i'm in the process of saving up for a new build, got almost all the parts i need just saving for a new CPU, but i'm gonna wait and see what the AMD refresh looks like and see if it lowers the prices on current 5000 series chips because honestly the one i wanna get is a little outside my price range currently so hoping that with the refresh it lowers it enough that i can afford it, there's a few other pieces i need to get hold of as well but for the most part i have everything i need just sitting waiting to be put together, honestly i have found it somewhat easy to get what i want for relatively cheap just by being patient and shopping around, instead of trying to do a full build right away in one big go, just little bits at a time so that overall i can get the system i want that i know will last me at least the next 5-6 years or more.

It actually has 13 mil if not more. It is actually extremely active. I havent seen it this active since wrath.
    Mmmm... Sorry, no.

HUGE CAP.

WoW isnt close to 13 million with all of their online games combined. They would be running around bragging about it. 13 million FUCKING ROFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Mmmm... Sorry, no.
    Correct.

If WoW has 4 million playing at any time -- worldwide -- it's doing good.

Only at the start of expansions and people buying the latest expansion are there some high numbers.

Blizzard makes money these days in licensing and residuals from their trademarks. Not subs.

The main problem WoW has is retaining players after a month after release and after content patches. People don't like or have time for "The Grind". It exists because content takes time and money to make, and it's slower than player appetites to eat through content. After a month, they close their account until the next major content patch. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2021-07-24 at 09:58 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    you're trolling, you have to be in order to be the this delusional.

There ought to be a teleport to your mate thing. Because I have to hoof it like 40 solid real-world minutes to get to my husband. We ended up splitting the diff each running toward each other for 20 mins instead. To work in a town neither of us worked for and have 0 loyalty toward. That's stupid.

If they are adamant about no mounts, which seems they are, I have firmly maintained out-of-combat sheathed weapon running speed ought to be 3x faster. Look at all the shit I have run past and all these fucking rocks, logs, and debris I have to parkour over to get somewhere. For what? My gameplay is not being enhanced by the bother.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-07-24 at 10:42 PM.

Its a fact WoW does not have 13 million subs lol, the game has been in steady decline for years and even a new expansion or patch cant bring back several million subs, it also doesnt matter how active one server is as that has no basis in total number of subs, some servers stay constantly high pop, there are also only a few million subs per region, maybe at most not much more than 2 million in the EU, similar in US and rest will be from asia.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Please stop spreading misformation.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

This game needs some mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    New MMOs should stop aiming at WoW and it's 5~ million subscribers and start looking at games like Minecraft with it's 100~ million active players?

Not saying one is clearly more superior, but why keep aiming for World of Warcraft when their formula for addictive gameplay has been dethroned tenfold?

Not nearly the same games, though both would classify as an MMORPG.
    I'm quite amazed Blizzard hasn't thrown an attempt at making a survival/crafting game themselves already. I suppose the procedural gameplay isn't really their thing and as a large studio their advantage is high budget hand-crafted narratives. But still, it's a shame they're not using their resources to push their R&D into this direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so I preordered it, logged in - seen 170ms latency and instantly noped out and refunded.

I expected more out of Amazon considering AWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OK, so I preordered it, logged in - seen 170ms latency and instantly noped out and refunded.

I expected more out of Amazon considering AWS.
    Lol, that’s not even terrible. You wouldn’t even notice the difference or even care if the latency wasn’t viewable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Lol, that’s not even terrible. You wouldn’t even notice the difference or even care if the latency wasn’t viewable.
    For a game that is action combat oriented where you need to actually connect your attacks and dodge shit at split second notice?

Yeaahhh... nope. Sorry, bub, 170ms is unacceptable in 2k21. Now sure I'm not living 5 meters from the server, but if WoW can manage 60ms with me being in the middle of nowhere, I'd expect Ama-frikken'-zon with AWS prowess would at the very least match it.

I might try again sometime next 4 months after the initial wave dies down, but this sure spilled some cold water on the whole thing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I applauded the server performance earlier and now take it back it's embarrassing for the same company that runs AWS. You would think connectivity would be in the bag.

Someone said the game needs mounts. It needs a few more months.

Resident Cosplay Progressive