Quote Originally Posted by escalprillo View Post
    Is it me or every area of new world looks the same? Not hating, I was interested until I saw the queues.
    The zones feel unique, weather, etc changes based on zones giving them a unique feeling, although yeah, the assets for trees, etc are used throughout the whole world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Didn't even know that the main selling point was some huge war battles. I just wanted a relaxed mmorpg game. Cut trees and skin boars. Collect resources level up my professions and create good gear to do dungeons.
    I can't help to point out that your completely described Valheim.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Is it me or every area of new world looks the same? Not hating, I was interested until I saw the queues.
    I'm in a different starter area than I was in during the beta and it seems fairly similar overall. You're dropped into one of the random starter areas and I imagine they're very similar by design, not sure how the mid/high level areas are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I think you're very, very deep into your own conspiracy theory mate... That's quite pathetic in fact. You don't even realize that in every single thread of this forum, people are shitting on WoW in fact, yet you think this forum is the center of WoW fanbase.
    Love it when people unknowingly try and debunk what you state, but only confirm what you said 100%, thx!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm in a different starter area than I was in during the beta and it seems fairly similar overall. You're dropped into one of the random starter areas and I imagine they're very similar by design, not sure how the mid/high level areas are though.
    I played the alpha and beta and thought the same, but I have been watching streamers and see no snow, deserts or anything like that. Just pastures, trees, rocks, towns that look all the same, rivers where you cant swim, and more pasture. Kind of disappointing imo.
    f signatures

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Didn't even know that the main selling point was some huge war battles. I just wanted a relaxed mmorpg game. Cut trees and skin boars. Collect resources level up my professions and create good gear to do dungeons.
    Exactly how I play the game and have hundreds of hours in the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I can't help to point out that your completely described Valheim.
    Someone say V, v.v.v.v.v Va, Va VALHEIM!!! Thank a lot man, just when i was getting over that addiction, thanks the f a lot!!! lmao /jk

By far the best 20 dollars i ever spent, gotta be in the top 5 games of all time. Has to be.

I played the alpha and beta and thought the same, but I have been watching streamers and see no snow, deserts or anything like that. Just pastures, trees, rocks, towns that look all the same, rivers where you cant swim, and more pasture. Kind of disappointing imo.
    yeah I havent come far but the zones seems rather bland.

Soon been 3 hours in queue, now im position 1275. cant believe a big company like amazon didnt expect and planned for this. They even have opend up server changes for free, meaning they could just have had tons of servers from start.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    Got the error 3 times today....

Got in game but had to run errand so got kicked out.

Log back in asap in que 600. 1 hour later it crashes. Log back in now at 1270. 2 hours later im at 1000 but it crashes again. Now im back at 1813.

I can understand ques and what mot but come fix your damn ques. How can it keep crashing out like that!
    If you get a login server disconnection error while queing just click ok and dont do anything else, you get put back in your spot
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    cant believe a big company like amazon didnt expect and planned for this.
    They did, which is why servers are working mostly fine and the queue system is functioning as intended.

They even have opend up server changes for free, meaning they could just have had tons of servers from start.
    Server transfers don't cost them anything, really. Spinning up dozens of servers that they'll likely have to close down in a month or two, merging them and throwing player-driven economies into chaos, is a pointless expense that gains them nothing outside of heading off some complaints about queue times at launch.

yeah I havent come far but the zones seems rather bland.

Soon been 3 hours in queue, now im position 1275. cant believe a big company like amazon didnt expect and planned for this. They even have opend up server changes for free, meaning they could just have had tons of servers from start.
    Haven't read into it but the server you join is part of bigger realm, or cluster? I mean if that's so they can consolidate later without doing merges, then why wouldn't they just spin out a bunch more becasue i'm seriously not looking forward to a queue tonight, i mean when i get home i'll log in straight away, shower, make dinner, eat and do any have to do chores and hope by the time i'm done all that i'll be sub 100 in queue. Buddy was telling me he just played Valheim last night when he read he was like 4000+ in queue, uggggg.

They did, which is why servers are working mostly fine and the queue system is functioning as intended.

Server transfers don't cost them anything, really. Spinning up dozens of servers that they'll likely have to close down in a month or two, merging them and throwing player-driven economies into chaos, is a pointless expense that gains them nothing outside of heading off some complaints about queue times at launch.
    well, cant they use some sort of shard/layer tech and remove it when needed? Right now its a total shitshow on EU and we can probably forget playing this game for atleast a week if you cant log in before after 18:00.

Say what you want, but its bad. Really bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Haven't read into it but the server you join is part of bigger realm, or cluster? I mean if that's so they can consolidate later without doing merges, then why wouldn't they just spin out a bunch more becasue i'm seriously not looking forward to a queue tonight, i mean when i get home i'll log in straight away, shower, make dinner, eat and od have to do chores and hope by the time i'm done i'll be sub 100 in queue. Buddy was telling me he just played Valheim when i read he was like 4000+ in queue, uggggg.
    I logged in at 17:00. Now its 19:35 and im in position 1077 in queue. So yeah. its a shitshow.

So...literally ever prediction about every MMO that's launched since WoW. How brave of you to have such a bold take on this.

I don't get why folks can't seem happy unless things they don't like are "failing", but whatever floats your boats.
    It's from the wrong-headed thinking their investment in hobbies returns a greater value than in actuality. Many like to feel they are rewarded for their time & money.

But this is false thinking, hobbies are not necessarily a value propoersition.

Even having the concern or care if New World will last a few months is wrong. Totally wrong thinking. It means nothing. If a player were to buy this game for $40 and play say, 1 hour a day for 40 days. That is more than fine. You got the value out of it as long as you had fun.

You don't have to play a game forever or thousands of hours. I didn't buy Terminator 2: Judgement Day and watch it on repeat till I got my money's worth. That is absurd.

It ruffles a lot of feathers, but the cold hard truth is a lot of people have nonsense thinking to justify their own choices/desires.

I imagine that's the fine line, they do create more, and anything merged later will ignite the doomsayers to rejoice that the game is dying, just like they told us! lol

Which we all know isn't the reality of the situation... or risk losing people with the fact they can't play, which is totally understandable as i know i'm in queue tonight, which my game window on a work night is already narrow at best.

It's like in Rift, while in game at launch they kept announcing that we're launching more servers, the server chat explodes with cheer's and even though that brief moment of elevated excitement, you feel euphoric at all the love for the game, is quickly squashed as you know deep down they're going to pay for that later.

10+ Year Old Account
    theres plenty of new LOW to MED pop servers on EU, many even with 0 quueues, but i cant create another character

why the fuck is the character limit only 2 PER REGION? HOLY SHIT
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I logged in at 17:00. Now its 19:35 and im in position 1077 in queue. So yeah. its a shitshow.
    Grrrr, so i'm f'ed tonight to play awesome!!! NOT! Grrrr, hope queue drops fast for you man.

Just when i was off the wagon, or is it on the wagon, well there goes all the hard work i put in to break my Valheim addiction ....psst you know i'lll be in queue on another box but i dunno it's not easy pulling yourself away from Valheim.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The servers are basically designed around a low cap, imo. If you just have 10k people all on one server, you're never going to get to chop your trees down and the economy would be a shitshow. Both seem kinda key to the overall game, especially the gathering aspect.
    Having a low cap on how many people can join the Server is fine. But they clearly didn't have enough Servers and also not having the option now to simply transfer over to a new one is just stupid. I'm bound to my super high pop 5k queue Server now. That's at least 4 hours of queue for the next days. Especially the coming weekend. Either way, they f' this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's from the wrong-headed thinking their investment in hobbies returns a greater value than in actuality. Many like to feel they are rewarded for their time & money.

But this is false thinking, hobbies are not necessarily a value propoersition.

Even having the concern or care if New World will last a few months is wrong. Totally wrong thinking. It means nothing. If a player were to buy this game for $40 and play say, 1 hour a day for 40 days. That is more than fine. You got the value out of it as long as you had fun.

You don't have to play a game forever or thousands of hours. I didn't buy Terminator 2: Judgement Day and watch it on repeat till I got my money's worth. That is absurd.

It ruffles a lot of feathers, but the cold hard truth is a lot of people have nonsense thinking to justify their own choices/desires.
    And that's the bottom line here, there is no question you're going to get value out of your price of admission. Without question.

You're there at launch, and all the fun that goes with that, and lets not forget the bragging rights for future forum arguments, OH YEAH WELL I WAS THERE AT LAUNCH SO WHAT I SAY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING YOU SAY, yea thinking about it now i really f'ed up, i didn't play the beta damn!!!! Oh ofc this is the internet, OH YEAH WELL I WAS THERE AT BETA SO WHAT I SAY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING YOU SAY.

Ahh love me a new mmorpg launch, forgot how much fun they are lol

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    From what I can see, they've already more than doubled the amount of servers.
    Yeah but who's gonna start all over again now? Without the option to transfer characters rn to those new Servers, they are kinda pointless.

Fuck my life, leveled to 15 last night only to find out Asmondgold is on my server