Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    How is the lack of a mini-map more immersive? The map is still there and it still tells you all the same info a mini-map does only now you have to keep hitting the M key every 30 seconds to check your location.
    Not an explorer i guess? For me i never realized how often you check the mini map. Without it all my attention is within the game world, with a quick confirm check with the compass to make sure i'm heading in the right direction. No mini is by far one of the best features of the game.

Nutshell so instead of staring at mini map while traveling you're actually immersed in the world while traveling.

I'm so engrossed at times it's no surprise that i'm way the f off course and i'm way over here and i was heading way over there, so tired of checklist to do list mmorpg's, this is so refreshing to just soak in the world. If you want to race through the game at speed of c, then yeah i could understand no mini being an issue. New World isn't going to be for everyone.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Please tell my 2000+ queue that lol. As far as streamers going back to ffxiv is not surprising, ffxiv is the new mmorpg king, literally blew wow out of the water, it's the largest audience. They will stream for what makes them the most $$$ it's not as if they have a choice.

New World is not going to be for everyone, for me it's hitting so many check marks, i'm beside myself impressed with this gem. A real mmorpg for mmorpg players.
    That's demonstrably not true. Unless Asmongold is streaming FFXIV it's at least 10k viewers behind WoW. This will change when WoW or XIV have a content patch and then they'll actually be competitive with each other. Right now Asmongold is single handed carrying XIV's viewership numbers and has been for a couple months now.

Community hype doesn't have anything to do with server queues. If you asked the Warzone community a month ago Warzone was a dead game but it was still one of the most watched games on Twitch and finding games was instantaneous. Right now the Genshin Impact community is having a little shitstorm but that doesn't impact the entire population of the game. Much like how the average WoW player doesn't give a shit about emotes or real life lawsuits.

In the post you quoted I even pointed out that it doesn't matter what your favorite influencer does if YOU are having fun, just that most of the streamers that I follow went back to other games even faster than I thought they would.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    how to take back my completed & expired items from the auction house?? theyre in the tab, i can put them on sell again, but cant take them back wtf
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This might be the fastest I've ever seen the hype around an MMO die, and I was pretty hyped for WildStar at the time. The game looked fantastic during the beta, influencers hyped it up, and then they abandoned it at release. That doesn't mean it's a bad game by the way, not at all. They did the same thing for FFXIV, they do it for every WoW expansion, they do it for a lot of MMOs. If you're having fun that's more important than what your favorite streamer is doing btw.

That said I wonder if Towelliee is still planning on getting a New World tat.
    MMO-Champ always houses the weirdest type of doom and gloom I ever see on the internet. What's the random swipe at Towelliee? He's literally streaming the game right now to 18k viewers. I'd understand that comment if he stopped playing, but I don't get it?

This forum is so fucking weird tbh. You guys are like from a bygone era by the shit you care about. It hasn't been abandoned; if streamers stop playing it, who cares? Either you play it or you don't, not everything has to be the most amazing game ever made in history.

This comment isn't based on reality at all. The game has 450k viewers on Twitch. How has it been abandoned? It's like you're trying to get a jump on the "oh look it died" train ahead of schedule just so you can say you've been saying it from the beginning. God forbid people actually just play a game and have fun.

So ridiculous. This site is so garbage because it houses old, old gamers from an era that is happily gone.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2021-09-30 at 02:55 PM.

That's demonstrably not true. Unless Asmongold is streaming FFXIV it's at least 10k viewers behind WoW. This will change when WoW or XIV have a content patch and then they'll actually be competitive with each other. Right now Asmongold is single handed carrying XIV's viewership numbers and has been for a couple months now.

Community hype doesn't have anything to do with server queues. If you asked the Warzone community a month ago Warzone was a dead game but it was still one of the most watched games on Twitch and finding games was instantaneous. Right now the Genshin Impact community is having a little shitstorm but that doesn't impact the entire population of the game. Much like how the average WoW player doesn't give a shit about emotes or real life lawsuits.

In the post you quoted I even pointed out that it doesn't matter what your favorite influencer does if YOU are having fun, just that most of the streamers that I follow went back to other games even faster than I thought they would.
    Asmongold isn’t playing much nowadays. FF14 is huge right now; Rich Campbell and Preach have moved over and it’s insane the amount people who love it now.

Current rank of MMO’s is FF14/New World/ESO/WoW.

New World is not going to be for everyone, for me it's hitting so many check marks, i'm beside myself impressed with this gem. A real mmorpg for mmorpg players.
    Gotta say it's the direct opposite for me. Couldn't be less MMORPG if it tried. I think the devs get a slight pass for it being their first ever game as a studio, but an MMO is not where you experiment with wacky shit. Could have just stuck to the tried and tested traditional MMO, actually worked on some content, and had a good game.

Probably the worst multiplayer game I have ever had the misfortune of playing. To each their own I suppose.

I imagine this game is going to be the new Black Desert Online. It wont die... but nobody will really remember it exists.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The queue complaint thing is kind of a silly one. Just pick a server that doesn't have a huge queue. They've added loads of servers over the past couple days in every zone. Everyone wants to play on the same server as their favorite streamer, and those are often the 30,000 person queues. I picked a different NA server with a low queue and rerolled early there before putting much time. On that server, I haven't even hit a queue on login in 2 days. Tried it again just now and got right in again, no queue at all. So that's an easy fix. If you're still hitting large queues that's kind by your own choice if you want to insist on playing on a server that's clearly swamped.

The game itself is fine. It shows really how aged wow has become despite the patches through the years. Not perfect and it still has a lot of 'areas of opportunity' for improvement, but comparing New World 1.0 to Wow 1.0, it's off to a great start. Underneath it all it still is an mmo. So expect grinding, spamming of world chat, needing to do group activities to really gear up, be nudged to pvp, etc. and all of the other baggage that goes along with the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Current rank of MMO’s is FF14/New World/ESO/WoW.
    Based on what exactly?

Mmo population trackers that use reddit account activity to track how popular a game is?
    Or twitch streamers where the vast majority of people will watch their streamer of choice literally paint pictures with their own shit if it were a category?
    Speciation Is Gradual

tbh i don't watch streamers, i know of them raising two boys into adult hood, and yeah never got it back then either, i don't find being a follower entertaining i guess.

Does nothing for me, i play, not watch, is the nutshell i suppose.

So, not dissing you, my boys still watch asmongold and the rest and yeah whatever, i just really don't think, or people really shouldn't put so much stock in, or faith for that matter in whatever they are doing.

They are entertainers, whom play roles, who are they really, i mean asmongold's act is your buddy profile, oh man i can relate he's like a best friend, i can really relate with him, and he pulls that off very well, it's what he shoots for to hook peeps, preach is your i'm telling it like is semi pissed about whatever rage profile little dash of drama, it's all sticks man, they are on stage, actors, perfect example is fpsrussia went for the i'm the crazy Russian dude, exciting, crazy af, all these weapons, that was until the drama and everyone found out they were being scammed and he was just some regular joe schmoe from boring af Georgia (if i recall), a real lmao on the watchers right. FAKE!!!

It's no different than watching a movie or binging the fuck out of tv show, letting yourself getting immersed is fine, and watching streamer is no different, just you gotta remember they are all actors. Another great example is Taliesin & Evitel they were starving actors trying to break into the industry. Now they have a steady acting job. Whom yeah even they are forced to play ffxiv cause if they don't they will be out of an acting job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Could have just stuck to the tried and tested traditional MMO
    The last thing any mmorpg player wanted was yet another wow clone.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-09-30 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Based on what exactly?

Mmo population trackers that use reddit account activity to track how popular a game is?
    Or twitch streamers where the vast majority of people will watch their streamer of choice literally paint pictures with their own shit if it were a category?
    I doubt people would watch streamers if they weren’t playing a game. It’s why Rich/Asmon/Preach/Bellular have moved over to FF14 and New World.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The queue complaint thing is kind of a silly one. Just pick a server that doesn't have a huge queue. They've added loads of servers over the past couple days in every zone. Everyone wants to play on the same server as their favorite streamer, and those are often the 30,000 person queues. I picked a different NA server with a low queue and rerolled early there before putting much time. On that server, I haven't even hit a queue on login in 2 days. Tried it again just now and got right in again, no queue at all. So that's an easy fix. If you're still hitting large queues that's kind by your own choice if you want to insist on playing on a server that's clearly swamped.

The game itself is fine. It shows really how aged wow has become despite the patches through the years. Not perfect and it still has a lot of 'areas of opportunity' for improvement, but comparing New World 1.0 to Wow 1.0, it's off to a great start. Underneath it all it still is an mmo. So expect grinding, spamming of world chat, needing to do group activities to really gear up, be nudged to pvp, etc. and all of the other baggage that goes along with the genre.
    I get what you're putting down, but no guarantee it'll stay that way, when i picked my server there was a queue of 4, that's why i jumped on it, now invested there, i'm enduring 2000+ queues uggg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how to take back my completed & expired items from the auction house?? theyre in the tab, i can put them on sell again, but cant take them back wtf
    its either haters or absolute schizo fans arguing over the game in this thread, and noone really answering gameplay related questions...
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Valhalla is wild. Cutlass Keys and Brightwood are swarming. Sweet honey buns.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    I doubt people would watch streamers if they weren’t playing a game. It’s why Rich/Asmon/Preach/Bellular have moved over to FF14 and New World.
    50k people watched asmon sleep once.

got to lvl 37, was owning the leveling, power went out for a second and now 1.6k queue

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    its either haters or absolute schizo fans arguing over the game in this thread, and noone really answering gameplay related questions...
    Yeah i'm shopping for a more focused New World forum, it's time to dive deep, this is an exceptionally well crafted mmorpg with such a positive future and posting here in the sea of wow babies has a very limited shelf life i'm afraid. As far as how you get items back i've no idea, and maybe why it's not being answered, heck i was running around trying to find a vendor to sell my trash too just the other night lmao I've read nothing, very little researching, just enjoying the journey, learning as i go. Know of any very active fan sites?

Yeah i'm shopping for a more focused New World forum, it's time to dive deep, this is an exceptionally well crafted mmorpg with such a positive future and posting here in the sea of wow babies has a very limited shelf life i'm afraid. As far as how you get items back i've no idea, and maybe why it's not being answered, heck i was running around trying to find a vendor to sell my trash too just the other night lmao I've read nothing, very little researching, just enjoying the journey, learning as i go. Know of any very active fan sites?
    You could try the official forums, though most of it right now is also complaining about queues.

The last thing any mmorpg player wanted was yet another wow clone.
    I disagree. I'd say the last thing any MMO player wanted was a game with no content based entirely around a PvP system. Look at every game in history that has ever tried that. It's not pretty.

Give it a year and we'll see, but judging by the past the same thing is gonna happen again. WoW will still be up there like it always is, and New World will go free-to-play with barely anybody remembering it just like every other non-traditional MMO that has ever tried.

I'm not fundamentally against innovation in the MMO genre, but it has to be compelling and interesting.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Man my server sucks for Covenant, freakin no guilds.

What are y'all playing with in terms of weapons? I've been tinkering around with spear/musket but also rapier/musket, but with stats thinking that rapier/bow might be good.

This site should add a New World section with how insanely popular it is right now. Hoping for FF14/ESO/New World News to be added on the front page.