I played it today for the first time.

It’s not bad. Lot of positives.

- UI is light years ahead of other MMOs.
    - Story and setting have potential and are delivered well.
    - Being able switch up weapons and play styles with ease was cool. Not locked to a class.

It feels a lot like ESO 2.0 without all the bad sub races and in a colonial setting.

I highly doubt it’s going to be the next great MMO, but for $40 and no sub it seems definitely worth playing through.

It did, however, have terrible performance issues for me. Non stop micro studdering was driving me crazy and making me dizzy and nauseous. Hopefully just a driver issue or something that gets fixed soon. I have a 3070 and a gsync display so it’s not on my end.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-21 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This pleases me to no end, considering the games origins.
    This is a blander game more in line with other mainstream offerings. That is both positive and negative in certain respects.

Still has a unique setting, aesthetic and plays well. Crafting is still super fun. More importantly, it's satisfying. It feels good to gather, process, craft, and trade.

But the danger and difficulty are a little lower. Combat was kinda tough in previous betas and alphas. Which again, has ups & donws. It was a challenge and that can be fun, but the frequency of combat made it a fucking slog to go ten feet previously. Now that is much, much less the case. You have smoother, faster fights and some are more spread out. But they are way easier as a result.

How are they? Heard they actually have like, puzzles and storylines and shit.
    Not 25 yet. But you can start getting the missions to do them pretty early.

The old "dungeon" was just a boss rush. It was like an open area with one boss in it, a plant monster. As I understand it from those ahead of us, the new ones are indeed more involved and challenging.

What our guild leader said was it was more along the lines of early GW2 dungeons. But there is legit tanking and healing in this game and mobs have absolute aggro tables. Rather than the relativistic ones in the early GW2 days.

I got Shield/Sword on my swap and I tank flat out anything. My husband is playing Bow/Hatchet Light Armor DPS.

Armor determines your "role".

Who in the fuck is killing all the goats?

What an amazing game so far. Fair play to the devs!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can convert MTX currency to gold and back theres going to be a huge issue in an economy and ecosystem completely controlled by the players. See the 'streamer server' in the beta. Land claims are tied to gold, which is easy to manipulate. Its fairplay in the way the game's systems are designed but not in the long run. I don't want to go into depth about how similar things have killed/tainted world pvp in other games but the system as is without some sort of restraints is bad in the long run. The fix is almost there, you can technically beat off whales through gameplay, but the means aren't actually balanced against just throwing money at the map and controling an entire server. There needs to be systems that scale faction imbalances/soft (or even hard) cap how run you're able to just throw gold at a map to control it.

I cant imagine being on a server with a streamer or being a streamer who want to play on a fair server with some of stuff I've seen on Twitch and in-game. Unless this game wants to play like survival mmos..where servers are active for a little bit before one group snowballs and everyone hops to a different one...they are going to have to address balance issues.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Liking it so far, seems to be a fun MMO that has a lot of the little things figured out.

Pair this with a B2P model and it feels like something you can easily spend time in as a casual, B2P might also help in retaining players for dungeon runs and what not.

Yet to try any actual crafting, but the combat feels fluid and fun, the UI does not get in the way and everything feels intuitive so far

- - - Updated - - -

Some less good news, https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...rick_your_gpu/

Apparently there are cases where your GPU goes into over drive, a possible work around is that ensuring vertical sync stays on and that your nvidia control panel or AMD does not override it.

People are also reporting it happening during the login, queue and loading screen so the FPS limiter in game might not be enough.

Last edited by Acidbaron; 2021-07-21 at 03:10 PM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Some resources are far too scarce and scattered for the number of players and quantities needed in this game. There are like 900 people hunting goats and foraging for nuts and there are like 2 places to find these within like 100 miles.

The ONE fucking cow on the farm is slaughtered by like 10 people on the roof of the shack.

Come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Some resources are far too scarce and scattered for the number of players and quantities needed in this game. There are like 900 people hunting goats and foraging for nuts and there are like 2 places to find these within like 100 miles.

The ONE fucking cow on the farm is slaughtered by like 10 people on the roof of the shack.

Come on.
    Well these are things that pop up during a mass beta test, hopefully it is a matter of spawn availability for the number of players around and it is not so that it is more an issue that too many recipes need that material, that will be harder to fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Limited to EVGA cards it seems, probably cut corners on some parts.

Apparently this was also an issue in alpha as a person managed to brick two graphic cards.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I wanted to try it out, but this gave me big MonkaS.

I think I'll wait for release then, just to avoid any potential oopsie.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rtx-3090-cards

Amazon's pointing the finger at drivers for the GPU issues. I don't have a 3090 (3070 which I'm plenty pleased with!), but I'll definitely wait for any game-ready driver updates before playing.

xd imagine gettin ur card fried by a beta test that gotta suck so much holy fk

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    I don't know how I feel about the combat,I feel like having only 6 skill total is going to get boring fast and repetitive,also not a big fan of the animation lock
    Im pretty sure you get 3 weapons to focus on and you can still use others so not much different to TESO, so 9 skills to use.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I haven't been keeping up with this game but I know it releases in august, is this beta stuff something you get access to if you just buy it or what.

15+ Year Old Account
    43,000 people may have just witnessed the beta bricking a 3090 thats not good publicity at all
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this game but I know it releases in august, is this beta stuff something you get access to if you just buy it or what.
    Yes. Buying the game now allows beta access. Anything you do in this beta will be wiped for release though. Just FYI.

Game is pretty decent. Combat is fast and snappy, something pretty much all MMOs except WoW seem to screw up. My only complaint would be that the servers seem to be a bit overpopulated, but it is a stress test after all.

There seems to be a lot of people rooting for this to fail for some reason. Whining about the XP boosts that don't exist yet and blaming the game for EVGA making shitty cards. Butthurt ain't pretty.

Game looks decent enough, will give it a try. Though not interested in a Beta that'll wipe progress and I'll have to do it all again, considering If it's good i'd already be doing that enough with alts, unless it's like FF14 where no need for that, regardless I'll just wait for official release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably get beta via preorder in a week or two, after whole GPU thing gets clarified/fixed.

I also do want to see what people say about its actual group PVE content, I can pick flowers and punch boars in WoW too - I want to see dungeons and maybe even raid if there is.

I am overall positively interested, sure there is this whole MTX and such, but it's a BP2 title, so I accept there might be a pushier MTX scheme to keep the thing running.

I wonder how underwhelming this game is comparing to what actually FF14 has to offer. I wasn't really impressed with the early preview. It would be interesting to know if developers are passionate about the game or it's just some pet project.