Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I mean... you're just wrong? You act like I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. You're being intentionally hyperbolic and handwaving extreme amounts of nuance to bolster your point. That's fucking horrible argument making, y0.

Also, boiling down gameplay to "A button press that does a thing is the same as any other button press that does a thing!" is lolworthy. Aiming isn't inherently more complex. Having to be mindful of animations isn't inherently more complex.

Also, no one cares about the faceroll content of wow. I actively avoided world quests, LFR, etc because they were boring. Just like the entirety of NW's combat.

Slowed down being 30 APM, no reaction time required to speak of due to that slowness, etc. The only way you get punished is if you're disabled with the reaction time of an 80 year old.
    Dont say someone is wrong when you cant even back it up in the first place, Rets main rotation is 4 abilities, rets main ability is templars verdict as the main source of damage, just use judgement on cd, CS on cd and blades of justice, all other abilities get cast only a few times in the fight usually all at the same time when possible so 90% of the time you use 4 abilities in the classes rotation, and CS is the most used ability a ret paladin has.

Combat is NW if you use an ability and miss then you are opened up to being counter attacked, you can also aim in NW and its not that easy to get headshots and such so skill can matter a whole lot more, if you dont like NW why are you even in the thread complaining in the first place, better places to waste your time.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No raids that I know of. I doubt the gameplay would support that concept in a traditional sense. But you never know.

There are only like two dungeons, or expeditions, that have one or two bosses. One is like an arena boss and is very hard. For the most part, the expeditions are kinda like the dungeons in Guild Wars 2. They are just standard action-MMO dungeons.

Epic is a subjective value up to you.
    I appreciate the answer, thanks. And yes, epic is subjective and that is a whole other discussion for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All you do in WoW is hit abilities on cd and burn resource and thats it, most players dont even pay attention to the class itself thats how easy it is to play a class in WoW, boring tab targetting combat where the combat is all the same regardless of class. And you can clear WoW content spamming 1 button, NW expeditions should be considered HC dungeons and those can be cleared using 1 ability in WoW.

Dodging, blocking, counter attacking, critical hits from good aiming, just some things NW combat does better than WoW.

The combat is the same regardless of what ability you use, you just press a button when something is off cd and thats the basic combat in WoW, Ret is essentially a 4 button rotation all other abilities are on long cd or can only be used at certain times, most of the time you only use 3-4 abilities on most classes.

In NW the combat is slowed down and based a little more on skill and consequences of using a skill at the wrong time.
    In other words you just hyperbole what you are doing in NW and ignore like 90% of class mechanics because you know, some badies can play with 1 button.

Let me say something in "your language". In NW I can play just moving forward and pressing 1 attack whole time, such a shiit gameplay. Meanwhile in WoW I have to avoid dangerous mechanics that often oneshoot people, while keeping pumping my spells to keep up my damage on the boss so he wont enrage and wipe whole raid. Theres also procs that keep me busy all the time, changing rotation on the fly to get the most from my build, keep all dots on multiple targets, watcxh positioning of the boss and be aware of other people so I dont blow them up. It feels great and intense!

You see?? NW is boring like hell while WoW is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    In other words you just hyperbole what you are doing in NW and ignore like 90% of class mechanics because you know, some badies can play with 1 button.

Let me say something in "your language". In NW I can play just moving forward and pressing 1 attack whole time, such a shiit gameplay. Meanwhile in WoW I have to avoid dangerous mechanics that often oneshoot people, while keeping pumping my spells to keep up my damage on the boss so he wont enrage and wipe whole raid. Theres also procs that keep me busy all the time, changing rotation on the fly to get the most from my build, keep all dots on multiple targets, watcxh positioning of the boss and be aware of other people so I dont blow them up. It feels great and intense!

You see?? NW is boring like hell while WoW is amazing.
    Yeah WoW so amazing you dont even play it currently, WoW is old and outdated and the combat system is just plain boring, New World combat is similar to TESO and its far better than tab target WoW combat, there is dangerous mechanics in New World also so dont just talk BS, in WoW you can essentially play a classes rotation blindfolded its that easy to play, mechanics in WoW are easy to learn and avoid and there is nothing you do on the fly in WoW, you will do the most effective rotation for best dps at the time and thats it.

If you dont like NW thats fine, no point in bashing a game, when there is plenty wrong with WoW, in New World also if you pull 2-3 mobs you can easily die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but WoW has the easiest combat of any MMORPG, it should hardly be used to criticize NW. I don't even like NW combat but comparing it to WoW is apple to oranges. My issues with NW combat isn't the lack of abilties on the bar, that's actually fine and has more depth than people think after passive, modifiers, synergies, and runes (whatever they are called in NW). My issues with NW combat is that it feels very clunky, even for a game attempting to have model collision and weight behind attacks. There's little flaws and quirks that games with similar styles have moved passed a long time ago. I also think they long ass after casts/animation locks get too much in the vary of fun/functionality of combat. That's just me, some people fine that stuff fine.

- - - Updated - - -

World Experience
    Expeditions

Fixed instances of boss encounters failing to begin or restart their encounters in multiple expeditions.
    Fixed an issue where players can get stuck between Chardis and the Arena in the Lazarus Instrumentality.
    Fixed issue with laser walls not dealing damage in Starstone Barrows.
    Fixed issue where Archibald will despawn during fight in Starstone Barrows.
    Fixed issue with Vine bridge disappearing in Garden of Genesis.
    Fixed issue where players could be blocked from entering the Priest mini-boss room in the Depths.

World

Smoothed the access points to ship flags on the starter beaches
    Increased the interact range on the ship flags on starter beaches.
    Added additional directional beacons to the FTUE.
    Fixed issues where teleport shrines did not appear on the map/compass or have the beacon of light.
    Improved spawn rates throughout the world at locations that were bottlenecking players on the same quests/missions.
    Improved lighting of starting beaches at night to be less dark.

Quests

Fixed multiple quests across the World that were causing bottlenecks due to large amounts of players attempting the same objective.
    Fixed issue where players could become locked while interacting with certain lore notes.
    Updated text description for “An Unpleasant Task” to direct players to the correct watchtower.
    Fixed instances where AI could respawn limitlessly for certain quests.

Tech

Fixed various town missions exploits.
    Green, yellow, and red placement validations are now shown when decorating homes.
    Fixed issue where VFX for loot containers were missing when under high load.
    Fixed circumstances where certain NPCs would be invisible before interacting with them.

AI
    Tuning Adjustments
    General AI

Increased damage scaling for AI above level 50 and above (gradual scaling from 0% up to 25% at level 66)
    Increased health scaling for AI above level 30 (gradual scaling from 0% up to 15% at level 66)

Open World Non-Boss Elites

Increased health and damage to bring them more in line with Expedition difficulty enemies (this is multiplicative with the change noted in General AI)
    Increased damage of all Non-Boss Open World Elite AI by 12-17%
    Increased health of Elite+ AI (Corrupted Ogres, Corrupted Bears, etc) by 60%

Open World and Arena Bosses

Increased health and damage to bring them more in line with Expedition difficulty enemies (this is multiplicative with the change noted in General AI)
    Increased Boss Damage by 20%
    Increased Boss Health by 33%

Expeditions

Increased damage for all Expedition AI by 13% (this is multiplicative with the change noted in General AI)

Notable Bug Fixes
    General

Players may no longer transfer boss status effects back to the boss through use of Contagious Reverse Stab Perk
    Resolved several leashing bugs that allowed players to kill AI from unreachable positions
    Resolved a bug preventing Dynasty Trainees from damaging the player

Arenas

Spriggan
    Now uses heal behavior more consistently
    Now uses his Vine Sweep attack while his target is in melee range
    Increased run speed and accuracy of target movement when chasing a target
    Fixed an issue stopping him from using burrow to pursue far ranged targets
    Fixed an issue allowing the spriggan to be attacked while spawning

Expeditions

The Depths
    Archdeacon Azamela
    Fixed an issue that caused the Archdeacon’s mines to not be destroyed when he is interrupted by destroying his monoliths
    Fixed an issue that caused the Archdeacon to skip phases if pulled to room entrance
    Dynasty Shipyard
    Empress Zhou Taiying - Fixed a bug causing pedestal hitboxes to be up too high
    Garden of Genesis
    Alluvium Marl - Fixed an issue causing Alluvium’s Root Wall AoE attack to not reach the edges of his arena
    The Blighted Greenkeeper - Fixed an issue allowing her to throw a boulder on herself and take heavy damage in Phase 3.
    Starstone Barrows
    Greundgul the Regent - Fixed an issue that sometimes caused her Undying Army spawners to not despawn when she dies
    Lazarus Instrumentality
    Chardis
    Resolved an issue allowing his Phase 3 beam attack to not correctly end after the target had been downed
    Tuned damage volumes for a more consistent player experience

Combat
    PVP Scaling

PVP scaling has been reduced. The level difference will matter more in your encounters meaning that it will take more hits for a lower level player to kill a higher level player and less hits for a higher level player to kill a lower level player.

Attribute Threshold Bonus

Reduced Constitution 250 Attribute Threshold Bonus damage reduction bonus from 80% → 60%

War Hammer

Reduced War Hammer Hardened Steel Damage reduction bonus from 20% → 15%

Sword

Freeing Justice passive will now only remove a single debuff, not all debuffs.
    Fortitude has been replaced with Invigorating Bulwark - this passive will grant 15 stamina on hit with the shield bash and shield rush abilities.
    Leaping strike startup frames reduced from 16 to 14
    Leaping strike distance increased from 4 to 6 meters
    Counter Attack has been modified to be able to stack and obtain a better bonus. It now grants a 3% empower for 5 seconds when blocking an attack, and can stack up to 5 times for a max of a 15% Empower bonus. Previously it would grant a 10% Empower for 20s after blocking an attack.

Lifestaff

Sacred Protection passive changed to grant a 5% increased incoming healing efficiency to all group members. Used to grant additional max HP.
    Reduced effectiveness of Orb of protection Fortify from 15% → 10%

Hatchet

Berserk duration reduced to 12 seconds and the cooldown has been increased to 18 seconds
    Berserking Refresh now heals 10% every 4 seconds while berserk is active to a max of 30% health (was every 5 seconds for a max of 35%)

Great Axe

Reduced effectiveness of Gravity Well Unyielding fortify upgrade from 15% → 10%
    Reduced Great Axe Enduring Strike Damage reduction bonus from 20% → 15%
    2nd hit of Reap no longer has stagger on it

Bow

Reduced effectiveness of Bow Unbreakable Focus fortify passive from 20% → 10%

Chain perks

Reduced the number of times the chain perks chained to another target from 5 → 3
    Chain Elemental Perks now only trigger off basic attacks (Light and heavy), and have a 2s cooldown

Equip Load Updates

The 20% damage increase for light equip load and the 10% damage increase for medium equip load should also affect the healing output for the character. Healing is reduced by 20% to account for this. We want the best healer to be in light gear.
    Reduced the medium equip load threshold from 15 → 13 and heavy threshold from 30 → 23.

Armor

Normalized the weight of protection ratios (physical/elemental/balanced) within each armor class.
    Increased the armor provided by chest pieces and reduced the amount provided by helmets.
    Slightly increased the armor granted by balanced ratios to match the total armor provided by phyiscal and elemental ratios.
    Reduced the weight of round and kite shields.

Housing Trophies

Reduced damage bonus against creature families from 6%/8%/10% to 3%/4%/5%

Clamping of Empower and Fortify buffs

Potions will now be included in the clamping of the empower and fortify buffs (50% max)

Elemental Damage consumables

Updated duration from 3 minutes to 30 seconds
    Updated the effect of the consumables from 10%/15%/25% to 9%/12%/15%

Creature family absorption consumables

Updated duration from 5 minutes to 20 seconds
    Updated amount of hits players can take when using Creature family consumables from 10/15/20 to 5/10/15
    Updated the effect of Creature family consumables from 20%/35%/50% to 5%/10%/15%
    Set all absorption consumables to have a 120 second shared cooldown

OakfleshBalm and Gemstone Dust consumables

Updated the duration OakfleshBalm and Gemstone Dust consumables from 5 minutes to 30 seconds
    Updated the amount of hits players can take when using OakfleshBalm and Gemstone Dust consumables from 5/10/15/20 to 6/9/12/15
    Increased effect from 5%/7%/10%/15% → 10%/17%/25%/35%

Siege Turrets

Increased Explosive Cannon damage by 30%
    Capped Repeater max damage falloff at 90% instead of 100%.
    Repeater damage falloff now starts at 80m instead of 60m.
    Siege Weapons - Siege weapons damage is now being mitigated by armor.
    Siege Weapons - Increased damage by 20%

Lifestyle Buff

Reduced effectiveness of Arcane Blessing lifestyle buff corrupted enemy absorption from 20% to 5%

Perks

Fortified Recovery effectiveness reduced from 30% to 10%
    Keenly Fortified effectiveness reduced from 30% to 10%
    Mortal Fortification effectiveness reduced from 30% to 10%

Healing Potions

Increase base health gained from Health potions from 160/300/650/1200/1800 → 200/400/900/1600/2400, and decreased amount of health gained from the potions based on a percentage of their max from 15% > 7%
    Increased base health of Regeneration Potions from 30/65/120/180 > 40/90/160/240, and decreased amount of health gained per section from the regen potions based on a % of the max HP from 1.5% > 0.7%

Endurance Potions

Removed Endurance potions from the Alchemy crafting station. This item has been removed from the game.

Gems

Amber Gem - Reduced the damage scaling obtained from the Amber Gem (Nature) when putting attributes into Focus by 20% to make healer’s secondary weapon a bit less powerful in terms of raw damage output for focus builds.

Attribute Threshold Bonuses

Adjusted the Strength 50, 100, and 150 Attribute Threshold Bonuses, to prevent the damage bonus from being applied to elemental melee attacks. It will only apply to physical damage. This is to prevent doubling up on the bonuses when using elemental conversion gems with those attributes.

War

Small deployables (Inferno Traps + Powder Kegs) now have a shared deployment limit of 15 per team in War and Invasion.

Notable Bug Fixes

Move speed increases - fixed issues with players having a permanent speed buff applied
    Move speed decreases - fixed issue where move speed could not be slowed by more than 10%
    Stuck on Load screen - Fixed issue where players can get stuck in infinite load screen and respawn at random starter beach if they die before getting to the Watchtower respawn point.
    Life Staff- Speed of Light upgrade now functions
    Jump - You are now able to jump while in exhausted state
    Attribute Threshold Bonus - 250 Constitution bonus should now have a 60 second cooldown
    Attribute Threshold Bonus - 150 Constitution bonus should now only reduce damage from critical hits, not all hits
    Rewards from duels - Players should no longer be able to get PvP rewards from Duels
    Sword - Leadership passive will no longer persist after leaving the group
    Life Staff - Mending Touch no longer removes all debuffs, only one
    Life Staff - Magnify ultimate now extends buff durations
    Life Staff - Inspire will now increase stamina
    Great Axe - Heavy Pull passive no longer causes heavy attack to hit twice
    Great Axe - Enduring Strike will now reduce damage by 20% while in GRIT
    Bow - Deep Strike upgrade will only increase damage on Penetrating shot, not all attacks.
    Swap Weapons - when using swap active weapon key bind your weapon ability wheel will now toggle when swapping weapons
    Sword - When using Contagious Reverse Stab perk, damage over time attacks that are transferred to the other players will now cause damage.
    Falling - Fixed issue that would cause you to go into fall state while navigating down stairs and inclines.
    Encumbered Navigation - fix to jittery navigation animations when becoming encumbered
    Darkness Events - fix to many crashes and freezes when engaging with darkness events.
    Hearty perk - fix to bug that would cause you to not be able to block or dodge when having the Hearty perk equipped
    Fishing - fix to camera snapping and rotation that could occur during fishing
    Sword - Leadership passive effect no longer persists after leaving the group
    Life Staff - Mending Touch passive no longer removes all debuffs, removes only one
    Ice Pylon - Health bar should now be blue for allies and red for enemies
    Life Staff - Inspire upgrade now functions
    Siege weapon - Damage is now mitigated by armor
    Life Staff - Splash of light will only heal group members as intended
    Bow - Unbreakable Focus buff can no longer stay on forever outside of the aiming state
    Cannons - Attackers cannons can be attacked during upgrade process during Wars.
    Hatchet - Stay Back passive now applies correctly, 25% slow for 4 seconds.
    Bow - Fix for animation cancelling causing bow to shoot at a faster rate than intended
    Ice Gauntlet - Ultimate Chill should now apply Chill debuff and increase ice damage taken by enemies by 35% for 3 seconds as intended
    Ice Gauntlet - Empowered Strike should now apply increased damage when target is below 30% health as intended
    Ice Gauntlet - Refreshing Spikes should now give a cooldown reduction as intended
    War - Defenders can no longer use the respawn option to spawn at the Rally point before the War has started
    Damage Conversion Gem - Fixed bug where the Intellect attribute threshold bonuses were being applied twice when using a damage conversion gem.

Economy/Progression/Rewards
    Progression

Added T4/5 Azoth Staves to be unlocked in the Main Story Quest.
    T4 is required for the completion of Level 50 Corruption Breaches.
    T5 is required for the completion of Level 60 and 65 Corruption Breaches.
    Reduced XP for Town Projects:
    Raw Material turn ins reduced by 25%
    Refined Material turn ins reduced by 30%
    Crafting Armaments turn ins reduced by 50%
    Provision turn ins reduced by 50%
    XP required to level at lower levels has been reduced by a small amount.
    XP required to level from 20-30 has been reduced by a medium amount.
    Reduced the Faction granted per mission for PvP missions in Monarch Bluffs, Cutlass Keys, and Mourningdale to account for their shorter travel times.

Crafting

Removed the recipes for Endurance Potions. This item has been removed from the game.

Rewards

Increased the drop rate of named items from expedition bosses.
    Adjusted the perks on many named weapons in an effort to better-distribute perk availability on named weapons while making more of them feel unique and well-synergized.
    Normalized the perks on all Faction weapons and armor. This change made lower-level Faction armor give Crit Damage Defense instead of Cooldown Reduction.
    Increased the costs of all Faction Armor and Weapons.
    Removed socketed gems from all faction armor (they now have an empty gem slot).
    Reduced Gear Score of Tier 4 Faction equipment from 495 to 490.
    Reduced Gear Score of Tier 5 Faction equipment from 550 to 535.

Equipment Visuals

Materials fixed for War weapon styles:
    War Kite Shield
    Vengeful War Spear
    Icons fixed for various weapons and armor:
    Tower Shield, Ice Gauntlet, Fire Staff, Life Staff, War Hammer in the Siren Arena Set
    Round Shield, Kite Shield, Tower Shield, Fire Staff, Life Staff, and Ice Gauntlet in the Drowned Elite Set.

Notable Bug Fixes

Many Named items had duplicate or otherwise incompatible perks and have been updated.
    Fixed an issue that was causing some very low level items to roll with perks, which could cause players to get green items that weren’t special in any way (other than the color green, which is special to some people).
    Fixed an issue that could cause fishing hotspot locations to be visibly culled, which could make them exceptionally difficult to find.
    Updated the logic for teleporting players away from Faction Control Points so it should allow more people from each faction to participate.
    Fixed an infinite loading wheel that could occur when you tried to purchase something from the trading post that had already been purchased by another person.
    Fixed an issue that could cause a significant increase to influence gains for attacking factions after 72 hours. This increase is still present, but has been reduced by ~50%.
    Fixed an issue that was causing invites to Outpost Rush to not time out correctly, which was causing them to still be considered part of the invited group.
    Fixed an issue that could cause boss drops in an Expedition to roll far outside of their appropriate Gear Score range.
    Fixed an issue that made it possible for players to trade directly with each other over long distances by fast traveling in the middle of a trade.
    Fixed a number of exploits with gold, item trading, and duplication.
    Fixed an issue that was causing some named items to not drop in Expeditions.
    Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a “Lag Detected” state if they are removed from a war roster after they get their war invite but before they accept it.
    Fixed a conflict between queuing for War and playing in an Expedition where a player could be pulled out of the Expedition.
    Fixed an issue where Fibers were giving Tier 3 rewards instead of Tier 2.
    Fixed some issues with Seals not working with all Faction Armors.
    Removed a note about War Camp Gate Strength because War Camp Gates are indestructible.
    Added a limit to the number of Inferno Traps that can be deployed during war.
    Fixed an issue that could cause Attacker turrets to be destroyed in one hit while they were mid-upgrade.
    Fixed an issue where dying as a war resolved could cause the player to enter a state where they were unable to interact with the game.
    Fixed an issue where Attacker Cannons could not be attacked while in an upgrade state.
    Fixed an issue where the War Sign-Up Board didn’t display the correct times for players from different time zones.
    Fixed an issue where players could spawn outside of the fort before a War started.
    Added collision to the roof of the War Camp.
    Fixed an issue with the Ebonscale Reach War Camp where Defenders could get in using some nearby geometry.
    Fixed an issue that was causing the vertical beams at capture points to be invisible during War.
    Fixed an issue that could cause some War Invites to be sent out too early.
    Fixed an issue that could cause players to enter an unresponsive state when put on Stand By during War/Invasion.
    Fixed an issue where siege weapon damage wasn’t being mitigated by armor.
    Fixed an issue where Rally Points are lit up outside of the War.
    Defenders are no longer able to climb over the walls of the War Camp.

Patch notes

https://forums.newworld.com/t/open-b...e-notes/220580

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    All sandbox games with PvP are utter crap and I don't see how this one is going to be better.
    git gud, find a squad, stop bitching.

there is nothing you do on the fly in WoW
    And you really think there will be this grand dynamic combat in NW? If I apply your logic to Dark Souls, every encounter is the exact same, every enemy is approached with the same thought process.

Attack until something looks like it's about to attack back, then dodge or parry/riposte. Rinse repeat ad-nauseum.

If you dont like NW thats fine, no point in bashing a game, when there is plenty wrong with WoW
    Says the person who continues to bash wow? How about take your own advice before expecting others to heed it: stop bashing a game just because you dislike it's combat style. How about this: NW is just shittier, slower dark souls. It's darksouls-lite for mildly retarded people with slow reaction speeds.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-09-09 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    game downloaded and let me in, but there are no available servers to play on????

- - - Updated - - -

world selection screen is empty
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

people hate WoW, but at the same time wants every MMO to be a carbon copy of WoW with tab targeting, 10 ability spam rotations and 20 man raids 3v3 arena

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    people hate WoW, but at the same time wants every MMO to be a carbon copy of WoW with tab targeting, 10 ability spam rotations and 20 man raids 3v3 arena
    What i see is people want how WoW used to be before certain design choices were made that introduced elements that changed the way the game works (for the sake of monetary gain) but with modern day quality of life changes.

I find a correct comparison to be how there is Old school Runescape and Runescape 3, where the older version is vastly more popular despite being dated and getting QoL changes but lacks the direct ability to buy power as you can in RS3.

As for this game, there will always be some people to just hate on it they have been around before there even was any gameplay know and they will be around long after because they sadly lack something better to do with their time. I ordered this and enjoyed the beta, not going to sunk huge amounts of time into it but who knows will be interesting to see how it develops in the future the game longevity does not hinge on first day sales what is a very good thing in this genre.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Maybe those people don't think WoW's problem is tab targeting, 10 ability spam rotations,20 man raids or 3v3 Arena.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    can anyone play the game yet??????
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    And you really think there will be this grand dynamic combat in NW? If I apply your logic to Dark Souls, every encounter is the exact same, every enemy is approached with the same thought process.

Attack until something looks like it's about to attack back, then dodge or parry/riposte. Rinse repeat ad-nauseum.

Says the person who continues to bash wow? How about take your own advice before expecting others to heed it: stop bashing a game just because you dislike it's combat style. How about this: NW is just shittier, slower dark souls. It's darksouls-lite for mildly retarded people with slow reaction speeds.
    Im not saying NW combat is great or anything its just more involved than spamming buttons in WoW, combat is only a part of the game, WoW is just outdated and boring since everything WoW could do has been done.

Patch notes for this beta are huge. Jeez. I'm not gonna get to all this in 4 days, Amazon.

I just need the goat situation addressed.

Tinkered around a bit, not doing too much but just getting a feel for the game.

It looks pretty and runs fairly well (my 3070 gets close to maxing out at 2K resolution/high settings and 100fps, will have more headroom if I drop to 60 but I like frames)
    I kinda dig that you can harvest pretty much EVERYTHING, and it's all over. Will be nice for a relaxing evening of gathering while watching YouTube or Netflix or something.
    Combat seems pretty good overall, but the initial patterns of enemy attacks are kinda "meh". Seems like with 1h you get two attacks in before you need to block and just repeat. Early mobs and all, but eh. Haven't played around with caster stuff yet, but 1h sword/2h and musket are all kinda fun.

But man...the game feels SLOW when it comes to movement. Locations are fairly spaced out, there's no speed boosts to the fairly slow base movement speed (your running animation definitely makes it look like you're sliding a bit because you're running a bit too slow for it), and the lack of any kind of general fast travel option is meh. I get why they are designing it this way, the world matters and all and they don't want you skipping tons of gameplay opportunities while traveling, but sometimes I just like...wanna go fast yaknow?

Will dump a bunch more time into it this weekend, but so far I'm enjoying myself. Might end up picking it up after all.

Hold the fucking mayo. When did they add a dairy cow to First Light? I been running to Cutlass for NOTHING?

Looks pretty, but I'll wait it out at least a year. I just can't help but think that sooner than later they're going to screw it up with some Amazon Prime Subscriber P2W aspects or just ruin it with overwhelming amounts of microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    I just can't help but think that sooner than later they're going to screw it up with some Amazon Prime Subscriber P2W aspects or just ruin it with overwhelming amounts of microtransactions.
    Why is everyone so deeply concerned with P2W when it functionally doesn't exist in any major MMO on the market? Like yeah, it exits in the lower budget old MMO's and one can argue that elements exist in a few games like Black Desert (which clearly hasn't harmed the games success though), but you read about any MMO and people seem to be deeply afraid of P2W and I'm constantly perplexed as to why, much less what is considered "P2W" by folks.

They've talked about some things like progress boosters (XP, crafting etc.) down the line to help folks catch up, they've talked about things like optional fast travel. None of those are "winning" or deliver any power, they're at worst conveniences you can choose to pay for.

As for the MTX's, they've gotta make money somehow. It's a B2P game without an optional sub so they've gotta sell cosmetics/unlocks and eventually convenience boosters. I like it when games have an optional sub too, but even that seems to piss people off often times because they view perks like the unlimited crafting material bag in ESO as "P2W" somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    snip
    There is fast travel it just costs azoth the special resource you can get later on that you use for lots of things.

There is fast travel it just costs azoth the special resource you can get later on that you use for lots of things.
    Cool, but not very helpful when you need to do the like, 5 minute trek to the next quest area with only one real point of interest during the early areas. I guess the teleport within 500 meters of your little camp thing or an inn you've unlocked is kinda nice at least, saves a minute or so of running.