Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Got in.
    Had fun.
    Edge was right tho and god is it slow on foot(very similar to classic in that regard).
    It's a refreshing break from the current state of wow.
    I did see tons of people in chat with way better cards than my RX 570 have way worse fps somehow(so optimization is wonky).
    Same for the sound bugs.
    None of it is worse than the loot lag in classic on nodes etc.

I did find myself continuing to play whereas there have been plenty of others I'd have quit by now.

My biggest complaint though is the fucking jump.
    It's not a jump.
    It's some half assed attempt at a skip.
    It's not even close to being high enough either.
    It was the one thing I put in the survey to please fix.
    Reminds me of Swtor launch and it's awful character movement even though it was fun as well.
    I know they wont fix or make higher though.

I'd say it's more of a world, not a checklist. Especially since it'd be new for you with exploration and stuff.

Weird take seeing as lots of people here like the game and have stated so.

So to sum up:
    You didn't read the thread.
    You assumed people are upset.
    You act like a child.
    Get infracted for said behavior.
    Then tell everyone to grow up.

Stunning in its simplicity and idiocy.
    Well done.
    Hey Thank You, sounds good!!! btw you had me at exploration

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    99 little bugs on the wall, 99 little bugs. Take one down, patch it around, 132 little bugs on the wall. Given that the patch notes between closed/open beta were fairly large, it's not surprising that new bugs would find their way in. But that's partially what the open beta is for, to find and try to address those before launch (in addition to hammering servers).
    Gotta love cascading errors... NOT! lol
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The combat is still more interesting than repeated button tapping that WoW, WoW has the most basic boring combat system compared to most other games.
    all games in fact every game has repeated button tapping. what computer games don't you repeatedly press buttons over? wow has rotations to follow with different abilities. to maximize your output. new world has nothing like that at all. just equip an axe use the same slash over and over and over again. oh throw in a rifle pull. or switch to your stave and use the same ability over and over and over again. there is no rotation. its the same abilities (the same exact button) repeatedly. the combat is so minimal compared to wows it is insane to say it is more interesting. he asked what the combat was like i gave him similarities. you just chimed in to hate on wow. and your chime wasn't even close to being accurate. you have never played new world. or you would have never made that completely false statement.
    Last edited by craigw; 2021-09-11 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    all games in fact every game has repeated button tapping. what computer games don't you repeatedly press buttons over? wow has rotations to follow with different abilities. to maximize your output. new world has nothing like that at all. just equip an axe use the same slash over and over and over again. oh throw in a rifle pull. or switch to your stave and use the same ability over and over and over again. there is no rotation. its the same abilities (the same exact button) repeatedly. the combat is so minimal compared to wows it is insane to say it is more interesting. he asked what the combat was like i gave him similarities. you just chimed in to hate on wow. and your chime wasn't even close to being accurate. you have never played new world. or you would have never made that completely false statement.
    I wouldnt say its the best system ever made, it get the job done, but thats not true either. You have passives that give you more damage after heavy attack for X seconds which lead you to weave an heavy to keep the uptime at the right moment. You have passives that increase the damage dealt for X number of debuff on the target. You have abilities/passives which you need to perform a light attack at the end of the sequence to gain either extra damage, or in the case of the rapier, perform Finish which is an additional part of the combo if you press that light attack at the end, and it consume bleed on the target for instant additional damage. And obviously, that means you want to apply bleed first. When you high enough in dex, you can dodge to get a 100% crit chance on your next attack (with 10 second CD), so you start weaving dodge in the equation. Just a few example on top of my head.

So yeah, while hes into hyperbole with his critics of WoW, you are clearly too.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2021-09-11 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Started playing the beta and oh boy is this disappointing, boring and bland. If it stays like this it will lose >50% of it's players over the first six months.

Performace is abysmal as well, 15 fps on a 1070 on medium? Doesn't even look good...
    I run everything on high at 60fps with a 980 Ti
    Strange

- - - Updated - - -

Don't want to play too much, as I want the release to be fresh.
    Enjoying it a lot though. Can see myself spending many hours playing this

My big issue is it still stutters a lot like it did in the closed.

Seems to be an issue with 30 series cards.

Pretty annoying...

In WoW you dont pay attention to your class, you just press a few buttons in order and thats it, all combat in WoW is the same regardless of the class and there is no choice, you just press the button that is best for the situation, at least in NW you cant just press ability off cd all the time, plus there 9 different weapon abilities in NW so plenty for combat.

Dont spout BS nonsence i have played both the beta and the alpha about a year ago so i have played more than enough NW to just the basics of combat and compare to the lackluster tab target model. WoW is just old and outdated and been playing it on and off since vanilla, the gameplay is always the same and thats why its just boring.

Im not saying NW combat is amazing or anything just the initial post said WoW has such good combat system when clearly its just a boring basic system and thats it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

In WoW you dont pay attention to your class, you just press a few buttons in order and thats it, all combat in WoW is the same regardless of the class and there is no choice, you just press the button that is best for the situation, at least in NW you cant just press ability off cd all the time, plus there 9 different weapon abilities in NW so plenty for combat.

Dont spout BS nonsence i have played both the beta and the alpha about a year ago so i have played more than enough NW to just the basics of combat and compare to the lackluster tab target model. WoW is just old and outdated and been playing it on and off since vanilla, the gameplay is always the same and thats why its just boring.

Im not saying NW combat is amazing or anything just the initial post said WoW has such good combat system when clearly its just a boring basic system and thats it.
    so instead of tabbing you like to click on your enemy. same exact thing. replacing one button for another button. can only swap between 3 of those 9 weapons at one time. plus of all the 9 different weapons no one used anything but the axe. and if you played then you know why. same move over and over and over. getting chain stunned with the same move over and over and over. with zero diminishing effects...... real fun. someone asked what combat was like. i gave them examples someone then chimed in to hate on wow for no reason at all. and they were wrong with what they said. new world combat is worse than wows. go to the games forums and see the thousands of posts about the axe alone.

all games in fact every game has repeated button tapping. what computer games don't you repeatedly press buttons over?
    Beat Saber, shitloads of Wii games, most of my flight and driving sims and I'm sure if I spent more than 20 seconds I could think of many more

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Beat Saber, shitloads of Wii games, most of my flight and driving sims and I'm sure if I spent more than 20 seconds I could think of many more
    wii games aren't legally available on a computer. driving games require pedals or on consoles a trigger or key which are buttons. beat saber requires to push buttons at the menu correct, and slashing away constantly in a set number of directions is no different than pushing buttons repeatedly. if you spent 20 more seconds im sure you could be easily countered. horrible examples you listed.

wii games aren't legally available on a computer. driving games require pedals or on consoles a trigger or key which are buttons. beat saber requires to push buttons at the menu correct, and slashing away constantly in a set number of directions is no different than pushing buttons repeatedly. if you spent 20 more seconds im sure you could be easily countered. horrible examples you listed.
    So flight sims? Also why point out driving games on a console require button presses but claim Wii games don't count because they are console games? (also fully expecting your reply of 'but you still have to press buttons on the menu on the Wii!)

I may as well quote this again,
    all games in fact every game has repeated button tapping.
    and once again say that no they don't.

Last month's beta I had an i7 6700/1080ti, High settings @1440p:

70-90fps in the open world
    40-60fps in towns/crowds
    some stuttering

Upgraded to a I9 10900k/3090, Very High settings at 1440p:

144fps in the open world
    100-120fps in towns/crowds
    smooth as butter

This is a brand new game with the best graphics ever attempted in an MMO. If you want the best performance, you need to upgrade your hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    So flight sims? Also why point out driving games on a console require button presses but claim Wii games don't count because they are console games? (also fully expecting your reply of 'but you still have to press buttons on the menu on the Wii!)

I may as well quote this again,

and once again say that no they don't.

In computing, the term button (sometimes known as a command button or push button) refers to any graphical control element that provides the user a simple way to trigger an event, like searching for a query at a search engine, or to interact with dialog boxes, like confirming an action. everything you do is pressing buttons repeatedly. using joysticks to fly in your sims, is using buttons.......

so instead of tabbing you like to click on your enemy. same exact thing. replacing one button for another button. can only swap between 3 of those 9 weapons at one time. plus of all the 9 different weapons no one used anything but the axe. and if you played then you know why. same move over and over and over. getting chain stunned with the same move over and over and over. with zero diminishing effects...... real fun. someone asked what combat was like. i gave them examples someone then chimed in to hate on wow for no reason at all. and they were wrong with what they said. new world combat is worse than wows. go to the games forums and see the thousands of posts about the axe alone.
    each weapon has 3 different abilities on it so each player eventually has 9 abilties to use, and if a weapon is clearly better than all others it will get nerfed simple as that, im support or magic builds in the game, NW combat is more interactive, WoW is just hit abilities as soon as they come off cd, im not saying NW combat is the greatest but dont claim WoW combat is even remotely interesting.

Repeated button tapping like WoW combat is where you just spam buttons in either a rotation or when they come off cd, thats WoW combat, in games like TESO and NW you are not just spamming buttons as soon as they come off cd, action combat is more interesting that what WoW has and that is a fact.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-11 at 04:40 PM.

You guys complaining that "there aren't enough abilities" are completely missing the point.

This isn't WoW where you cast a spell and wait for a global cooldown. This is an action RPG like Dark Souls or the newer AC games. Real time combat, no global cooldown, instant ability casts and dodging. It feels almost like a console game. In fact, I would expect it to come out on consoles at some point.

The combat system has more in common with Diablo than WoW. Remind me again how many people are complaining that Diablo's combat system "isn't deep enough" all these years later?

well after spending some more time in the beta i'm now more leaning towards buying the game. finally found a weapon combo i enjoy(ice gauntlet/rapier).

btw kenn you should check out the beta as you're arguing from a point of the game that doesn't exist anymore(3 equippable weapons).
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

each weapon has 3 different abilities on it so each player eventually has 9 abilties to use, and if a weapon is clearly better than all others it will get nerfed simple as that, im support or magic builds in the game, NW combat is more interactive, WoW is just hit abilities as soon as they come off cd, im not saying NW combat is the greatest but dont claim WoW combat is even remotely interesting.

Repeated button tapping like WoW combat is where you just spam buttons in either a rotation or when they come off cd, thats WoW combat, in games like TESO and NW you are not just spamming buttons as soon as they come off cd, action combat is more interesting that what WoW has and that is a fact.
    thats actually your opinion. not a fact. action combat has more than "three weapons with 3 moves each." as i said in a post way way way before you chimed in, New World has a dumbed down version of dark souls combat. that is a fact. a no thought process combat system. never in the open world did i ever feel threatened by any mob doing the same repeatedly done move over and over again. dark souls>wow>NW.

In computing, the term button (sometimes known as a command button or push button) refers to any graphical control element that provides the user a simple way to trigger an event, like searching for a query at a search engine, or to interact with dialog boxes, like confirming an action. everything you do is pressing buttons repeatedly. using joysticks to fly in your sims, is using buttons.......
    But not repeated button tapping which is what you claimed.
    Cue incoming redefinition of what repeated tapping means.....

in games like TESO
    Lolwut? In what world are you not doing a rotation on trials in ESO? So.. things having cooldowns and repetition to actions aren't as cool to you as things that don't have cooldowns where you "have" to make decisions? News flash: you don't fucking make decisions constantly (or at least in any more capacity than in wow) as far as combat goes. You spam attacks and sometimes decide it's safe enough to go for the "big" attack. OR! You do have rotations as is the case in ESO.

and NW you are not just spamming buttons as soon as they come off cd, action combat is more interesting that what WoW has and that is a fact.
    Action combat doesn't necessitate nearly any of what you're INSINUATING it does. Even in a difficult version of action combat (like dark souls). You seem to think that there's some need to be optimal in action-based games. Like you NEED to parry, or switch weapons and use the MOST IDEAL skill for a moment. You don't. You can literally light-attack/dodge roll your way to victory, and it's honestly almost always as effective as the more complex version of play you're talking about.

thats actually your opinion. not a fact. action combat has more than "three weapons with 3 moves each." as i said in a post way way way before you chimed in, New World has a dumbed down version of dark souls combat. that is a fact. a no thought process combat system. never in the open world did i ever feel threatened by any mob doing the same repeatedly done move over and over again. dark souls>wow>NW.
    WoWs combat does not require thought, you just spam 1 button until you can press another button and thats WoWs whole combat system, if you think that style of combat is even remotely engaging then you cant be very good at the game, action combat at least gets you thinking and engaging, the abilities in NW empower others so you dont just hit them off cd and using an ability at the wrong time can be dangerous, NWs world is far more dangerous and you can easily run into more than you can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Lolwut? In what world are you not doing a rotation on trials in ESO? So.. things having cooldowns and repetition to actions aren't as cool to you as things that don't have cooldowns where you "have" to make decisions? News flash: you don't fucking make decisions constantly (or at least in any more capacity than in wow) as far as combat goes. You spam attacks and sometimes decide it's safe enough to go for the "big" attack. OR! You do have rotations as is the case in ESO.

Action combat doesn't necessitate nearly any of what you're INSINUATING it does. Even in a difficult version of action combat (like dark souls). You seem to think that there's some need to be optimal in action-based games. Like you NEED to parry, or switch weapons and use the MOST IDEAL skill for a moment. You don't. You can literally light-attack/dodge roll your way to victory, and it's honestly almost always as effective as the more complex version of play you're talking about.
    There is not set rotations in action combat, and abilties that can lock you inplace cant just be used whenever you want, there is far more decisions to make in NW combat than WoW, if you attack too many times in a row in NW you can be hit by the enemy, you have to decide to dodge/block or take the hit, in WoW you just take the hit everytime because it doesnt matter.

If something doesnt have an enrage timer then any content can be done by using the same ability over and over, if there are timers on bosses in expeditions and such you wont get away with just hitting light attack.

Action combat is the ability to dodge/block and taking advantage of things like headshots doing more damage, it brings in a little more player skill over tab target combat.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-11 at 07:35 PM.

driving games require pedals or on consoles a trigger or key which are buttons.
    Driving games don't typically require pedals.

There is not set rotations in action combat
    I get your meaning, but this is not really true. There are a lot of attack combos you want to follow in NW. Like if using a Spear or Rapier. The hammer too. The skills and passives are built on that premise.

I am sure you might be comparing rotations in the sense of the Grand MMO-style, that is to say, games such as World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy 11. That is a fair point, but you are more accurately talking about moment-to-moment action which is the difference from the Gramd style and the collision-based gameplay of Action-oritentated games.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-09-11 at 10:36 PM.