10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That is... well, interesting to say the least. Precisely because we're talking Amazon here. This is their first big product in the games department, but it's bigger than that. It's a showcase of their (almost) custom game engine, and new features of their AWS environment.
    In the end what matters is whether overall this whole thing is worth it for Amazon itself or not and they are very good at analytics. AGS is not some end all be all Amazon's all hands on deck priority. It has budget and if it constantly goes overbudget and underdelivering they will just cut the whole thing.

And quite frankly AWS does not need to sell itself.

The point is - people keep saying "but Amazon", but the reality is that AGS needs to deliver and perform to continue getting the $$ and so it happens that AGS could not really afford baking the game another year despite "but Amazon". It is extremely likely if they'd delay another year - heads would roll or worse, whole thing would be "reimagined", because in the end AGS answers to decision makers outside AGS who keep the lights up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No wonder the game seems like it would have made a better Rust/Ark like game...because that's what it was then they tried to make it into an MMORPG. Then it was shipped while being held together with duct tape. No no no.

I think if they said the game was in 'early access' then all the issues could be tolerated. The 'launched' and with that comes some basic expectations.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-10-29 at 10:18 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Ok honestly the fuck is going on here. Next up we'll hear that this is actually an old korean Guild Wars clone, rereleased with new graphics?
    Honestly...given timelines it makes a lot of sense. LY's first version released in 2016 and it's still technically in a beta build even as of this year. So given MMO development timelines it's not surprising that they had to hack something together using what garbage they had at the time, because the Amazon folks in charge of the game division had no actual experience making games and consequently don't understand the importance of the underlying tech and locking a lot of that in early.

The bugs from this patch are nuts. The gold duping is now really easy to do, it was unreliable before. The healing bug, most of the passives are not working, perks also working incorrectly, boss glitches and chat crashing. And more not being widely reported because companies are using them to exploit!

Total fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Total fuck up.
    Yeah. I'm probably gonna be dipping back in again, but oh man are they shitting the bed left and right. Wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes, because they're absolutely killing/losing any momentum they may have had from the pretty decent launch.

I think they should roll back the servers. The gold duping is not equal on all servers but how to do it is now more well known and out in the wild. There are also exploits guilds are using to win wars, invasions, and outpost rush. There is nothing you can do to stop them either. They can literally lock you of the game.

AH is borked. Tons of bugs affecting PVE- like weapon passives not working or they made the rather niche invulnerability (which wasn't always reliable) now 100% reliable.

Dungeons are bugged too. Al item duping dungeon drops is now a thing too. As I said, a lot of the top companies that are using these exploits are keeping quiet. Just like the gold duping it is only a matter of time before it breaks to the casual players.

Come on now, AGS. This isn't even close to baseline.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-29 at 11:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    MMOs take time to develop, even WoW was broken in many aspects when it was released and even today they cant completely solve server lag and stability issues with lots of players, issues cant be found as easy until the game is being played, in time all games get smoothed out.
    I realize people with low technical skill won't really realize just HOW broken New World is. WoW was a cracked house built on a solid foundation. New World is a gorgeous house built on a foundation of sand.

The fact that the client side of the game has priority over the server side should make anyone with even remotely minute amounts of knowledge in programming all they need to hear. New World has stopped the invincibility bugging by making people unable to play on windowed mode. But that still doesn't mean the game isn't highly exploitable. The degree to which New World is broken is that people can literally create cheat engines that are undetectable by the New World servers. Think about that. If that doesn't make you go "oh shit, that's bad" then have fun, but NW is hemorrhaging players and this news made it go all the quicker. They released 600+ servers on launch. There's going to be a population of 1-5 people on 95% of those servers soon.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Come on now, AGS. This isn't even close to baseline.
    It's extremely unlikely and the game isn't as fundamentally flawed (or lacking in player numbers), but I'd kinda cry-laugh if they unreleased this back into beta like they did with Crucible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for a re-launch! Wipe everything, get the hype back, make the same mistakes all over again when they realize they can't code for shit! Woo!

It amazes me how people still keep defending this game, even Josh, saying that "oh, we're just bringing attention so they devs can fix it, but I love the game".
    Even if the game had actual content to play with this is a disgrace, especially from Amazon the money-printer.

If WoW only had one of New World's issues for a single day people would be all over the place with hate and games dead posts.
    New World? Awh, never mind, basic functions don't work, the game is not only buggy but a cheater paradise, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's extremely unlikely and the game isn't as fundamentally flawed (or lacking in player numbers), but I'd kinda cry-laugh if they unreleased this back into beta like they did with Crucible.
    They will have to figure out a way to fix the economy ruined by the gold duping and the lopsided guild town takeovers. Maybe ban some of the most egregious offenders, but the damage is done. And a lot of the exploiters were top server dominating guilds that basically make the game tick at the high end. Are they gonna ban those people too? Who knows.

I mean some companies are basically robbing players by exploiting these vulnerabilities.

Earlier I said, there is a difference between transitory bugs (invuln exploit/certain perks not working/etc) and ones that majorly affect gameplay. They released a flood that is majorly affecting gameplay for a lot of folks. Now I will say hubbub is that on the lower-end servers and among low-level players these are less common. That might or might not be true- I can't say. But I am on two of the highest pop servers in the game and it's going around like syphilis among the top-end players. The audience that drives your game's appeal socially.

It amazes me how people still keep defending this game, even Josh, saying that "oh, we're just bringing attention so they devs can fix it, but I love the game".
    Even if the game had actual content to play with this is a disgrace, especially from Amazon the money-printer.
    The game is still enjoyable for many. Not everyone is on forums, discord, and Reddit or is made aware of this in-game. There are plenty of folks just playing; happily traveling the world killing monsters and gathering items.

My son plays and he has no idea about any of this stuff. He just likes "hunting" turkeys and deers, jumping around, etc.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-30 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Making things is hard, especially games. Remember Luna? Amazon's streaming platform? No? Neither does anyone else, because this shit is hard. Simply having a ton of money doesn't mean shit if the company didn't foster its developers and allow them to actually create games and instead tried to force their top-down approach on them.

Believe it or not, even with all these issues, which many are quite serious, some of us still enjoy the game.

If WoW only had one of New World's issues for a single day people would be all over the place with hate and games dead posts.
    New World? Awh, never mind, basic functions don't work, the game is not only buggy but a cheater paradise, it's all good.
    Literally not happening anywhere, dude.

Making things is hard, especially games. Remember Luna? Amazon's streaming platform? No? Neither does anyone else, because this shit is hard. Simply having a ton of money doesn't mean shit if the company didn't foster its developers and allow them to actually create games and instead tried to force their top-down approach on them.

Believe it or not, even with all these issues, which many are quite serious, some of us still enjoy the game.

Literally not happening anywhere, dude.
    Are you really simping for Amazon out of all companies? Ouch.

What's not happening?
    The internet is full of broken new world shit nowadays, mate.

Are you really simping for Amazon out of all companies? Ouch.
    Not if you actually read my posts.

The internet is full of broken new world shit nowadays, mate.
    Yeah...and everyone is calling it out for being increasingly and more severely broken. Shit man, there's been "daed game" posts since like, the second week of launch.

I don't know why folks feel the need to find some strawman to punch.

Not if you actually read my posts.

Yeah...and everyone is calling it out for being increasingly and more severely broken. Shit man, there's been "daed game" posts since like, the second week of launch.

I don't know why folks feel the need to find some strawman to punch.
    I won't read your posts, you are not important to me enough to make me research your life history.
    I read your reply and in that you are literally simping for Amazon.

What are you even talking about?
    New World is a product of gross incompetence facing issues that games had to solve 10 years ago at the very least.
    It's literally bleeding players and it's not helped by a faction system that is heavily in favor of a "dominant faction" which will invalidate the core PvP purpose of the game hence making more players quit.

The mere fact that these things are even talking points only after a single month since its release is a very big red flag.

I read your reply and in that you are literally simping for Amazon.
    I guess anything short of saying, "This is the worst dead game ever made and the devs should never work in the industry again." is simping for Amazon.

And folks wonder why it's so hard to have an actual discussion on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap @ those client side vulnerabilities. Jesus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this patch is a complete fuck up for sure, but I'm still enjoying the game. I think the main reason I'm actually enjoying it is because there is no sub (thank fuck for that) so I don't feel pressured to play all the time, I can just log in when I feel like it and do whatever I want really.

To be fair it's the Internet, people go "lol ded gaem" at WoW if a new mount is a shade of color they don't like. Hyperbole acts as an outlet and draws attention.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I guess anything short of saying, "This is the worst dead game ever made and the devs should never work in the industry again." is simping for Amazon.

And folks wonder why it's so hard to have an actual discussion on the internet.
    So you making excuses for Amazon is not simping, gotcha.
    When will we start thanking Bioware for Anthem? Even tho it was a garbage fire, making games is hard, yknow, so, good boiz did their best let's love it together.

I don't care if you like New World. If all you need for an MMO is watching the digital sun shine through the trees then so be it.
    I can objectively agree that the graphics are nice.
    But everything else? Nah.

See, the issue is not that you like something that is objectively a trash pile. Tik Tok also exists. People can like whatever they want.
    The issue is that you try to excuse incompetence. Especially incompetence in a field where all these issues were figured out and fixed a decade ago.

I have literally no idea why people like you keep defending Amazon for a game that only existed for a month at this point.
    There is no history for good will. There is no prior attachment to previous games (aka the CD Project fiasco). Yet people are willing to excuse this abomination for an MMO like their life depended on it.
    I attribute all this behaviour to desperation.

I hope Riot actually knows their shit with their MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To be fair it's the Internet, people go "lol ded gaem" at WoW if a new mount is a shade of color they don't like. Hyperbole acts as an outlet and draws attention.
    No, I get that.

But when you fucking start doing shit like gold duping and being invincible in an MMO that's way past the line.