Can anyone help me with my stat weights in SimCraft

Hey guys, after getting a horrible 870 helm piece from my box (945crit/462vers) I decided to run a simulation on my character because I refused to believe an 835 (459crit/776haste) was better based on the stat weights in the Shadow Priest thread. After simulating, I had some very different weights than I was expecting. Here are my new stat weights:

Weights
    Int - 10.17
    Crit - 11.11
    Haste - (-4.91)
    Mastery - 10.70
    Vers - 8.61

Normalized
    Int - 1
    Crit - 1.09
    Haste - (-0.48)
    Mastery - 1.05
    Vers - 0.85

Crit ~= Mastery > Int ~= SP > Vers > Haste
    Pawn string ( Pawn: v1: "Ohhdang": Intellect=10.17, SpellPower=9.88, CritRating=11.11, HasteRating=-4.91, MasteryRating=10.70, Versatility=8.61 )

I'm really confused because it gives me a negative value based on the amount of haste I have which from my understanding it means that I have too much haste right? Before the piece upgrade, I was sitting at 34% haste/24% crit/26% mastery. With the piece, I'm at 31%/25%/26%. Basically I'm wondering if I should forego the stat weights in the shadow priest thread and use my own to see if certain pieces are better for me and get rid of some of the haste that I have. But by doing so, won't these stat weights constantly change?

If needed, my character is Ohhdang on Kil'jaeden.

Thanks for all you help!

Yes your stat weights will constantly change. Also you simmed yourself using only one fight type which will skew your results. You need to examine the relationship of the different weights across different gear sets, talents, and fight types/lengths

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yes your stat weights will constantly change. Also you simmed yourself using only one fight type which will skew your results. You need to examine the relationship of the different weights across different gear sets, talents, and fight types/lengths
    Any ideas on which fight type would be best to try and mimic some of the bosses in EN? You're right that I only simmed myself using a patchwerk fight. I also only simmed them using S2M. Even with those changes though, is it still possible for me to have too much haste and SimCraft is correct in telling me to lose some of it? Also, I noticed that by putting a negative value in pawn, the upgrade % on a piece changes if I instead put a 0 for that value. Do you know how or why it's working that way?

I'm on mobile atm and typing out the explanation to that will be difficult. In short you need to do what I suggested above and not just a single sim of stat weights to convert into a pawn string. You would literally have to do that for ever piece of gear you get. Stat weights in general are an average across multiple tests and scenarios.

Ok so I'll be sure to sim my character over the different fight types on simcraft and see what I get. I understand that with every piece of new gear I'll have to run more simulations to get better results. I'll continue to work on it as the day goes on. If it isn't too much, do you mind if I come talk to you on your stream tonight about some of this stuff or whenever you have more time?

Sure, it's not that I don't have time now, I just am away from my home computer so can't run these sims myself. I've been planning on doing another batch of sims to check stat weights again (although someone in the priest discord already did). I also am going to attack the trinket issue with a different tack since I'm finding more and more logs disagreeing with RPPM of tooltips from wowhead and wowdb seems to hide their RPPM stats.

Basically when I'm done you'll be able to input your stats and get a realistic determination of what trinkets are good for you.

It will have some assumptions though, ie voidform uptime, average VF stacks, etc etc.