Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[ENH] Anyone else disappointed by our legendaries?

So I've been going through half the classes/specs legendaries and I see some glaring differences in usefulness.

Feral Druid example

Ring - Increase energy by 100
    Boots - Predatory swiftness stacks up to 3x and gain 1 stack every 15 secs.
    Gloves - Crit from bleeds have 40% chance to trigger primal fury
    Wrist - Increase thrash damage by 25% and radius to 25%

Our best legendary is what?

Eye of the Twisting Nether - Dealing damage with Fire, Frost or Nature abilities grants separate, stacking 2% damage increase buffs. Much like the bracers, this heavily encourages taking Hailstorm as you will be maintaining your Frostbrand effect to get all 3 buffs. Bear in mind all 3 applications are separate and will need to be managed on their own. Is the best single target option, and also the most versatile choice, making it the Legendary of choice for most content.

so a 6% damage increase when you go through your rotation.

Emalon's Charged Core - 30% increased lava lash damage when frostbrand/flametongue are active is a joke. When it was 60% because it was 60% was the only reason it was reasonable to use this legendary and skill. How the hell often does anyone lava lash anyway compared to their other skills?

Nothing else is worth mentioning they are AE dependant or are some generic health buff that every class gets.

On a fight like Nyth in EN lava lash accounts for 2.34% of our damage, 30% increase on something that accounts for that much damage now is ridiculous. We have trinkets that perform 400% better than lava lash and we don't even have to cast the bloody trinket not to mention our gold trait unleash doom but let's not even get into doom vortex.

Our 4p set makes our lava lash give us a 20% chance to proc stormbringer, something that we use 16x on a boss fight compared to 100x casts on stormstrike with a practically stationary target. Let down or what? Hell do people even use lava lash any other time except in a dungeon? so the 4p is useless outside of anything that doesn't live longer than a minute.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2016-10-10 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'm good with them.
    The ring is a 10k does bonus, the belt and other chest help with aoe.

Our legendaries are alright. Don't much care about how they stack up to other classes, only how ill work them in when I get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    You didn't take hailstorm to begin with? The ring is a permanent 6% dps increase for anyone running hailstorm and if you don't wanna run it, then you can always stick to 4% and learn to use frostbrand more frequently. You didn't mention the other 2 amazing legendaries we have which makes our cleave better and one that increases our damage on cleave fights with 10% dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You didn't take hailstorm to begin with? The ring is a permanent 6% dps increase for anyone running hailstorm and if you don't wanna run it, then you can always stick to 4% and learn to use frostbrand more frequently. You didn't mention the other 2 amazing legendaries we have which makes our cleave better and one that increases our damage on cleave fights with 10% dmg.
    You're not getting it.

These might as well be pieces that just say 6% incr. dmg on one piece, 10% when there's 3+ targets. That's boring. That doesn't affect how we play at all. Meanwhile a warlock's legendary can be absolutely game changing and allow them to rise astronomically to the top night and day, where ww monks who get the legendary that every chip spent increases their duration of their mimic combat cooldown which becomes insanity while under the affects of heroism and old war potion..

They're not fun, they don't affect how we play at all. I've been using hailstorm since I came back day 1. Have you seen how much damage it does how could anyone not use it?

Our AoE/Cleave is very finicky and even with those legendaries it's not going to change how strict the placement of mobs has to be it is hardly a game changer and on anything single target useless. Mythic it's great but let's be honest here. Our aoe/cleave is good already but ONLY if the mobs hit boxes are properly stacked but you're not going to get that placement all the time and even with those legendaries the bulk of your damage will be coming from stormstrike cleaves the only thing it will do is not look as crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    You're not getting it.

These might as well be pieces that just say 6% incr. dmg on one piece, 10% when there's 3+ targets. That's boring. That doesn't affect how we play at all. Meanwhile a warlock's legendary can be absolutely game changing and allow them to rise astronomically to the top night and day, where ww monks who get the legendary that every chip spent increases their duration of their mimic combat cooldown which becomes insanity while under the affects of heroism and old war potion..

They're not fun, they don't affect how we play at all. I've been using hailstorm since I came back day 1. Have you seen how much damage it does how could anyone not use it?

Our AoE/Cleave is very finicky and even with those legendaries it's not going to change how strict the placement of mobs has to be it is hardly a game changer and on anything single target useless. Mythic it's great but let's be honest here. Our aoe/cleave is good already but ONLY if the mobs hit boxes are properly stacked but you're not going to get that placement all the time and even with those legendaries the bulk of your damage will be coming from stormstrike cleaves the only thing it will do is not look as crap.
    Problem is there's not a lot they can change in the way we play without either breaking it or making the legendary 100% useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even have a legendary to be disappointed with

Enhancement's legendaries are kind of underwhelming except for the ring. But as it is right now we dish out alot of damage and our only weakness is AoE which can be easily fixed but I'm really scared of blizz nerfing us if we start being good at everything so I'll take medicore legendaries and stay OP on single target and cleave.

Only thing I'd like to see changed is doom vortex but that's not happening anytime soon.

dude i agree with you but you chose another class that the legendaries sucks, besides the gloves.

its not just enh, a lot of specs have meh legendaries, but its too late to blizz fix them.

My only complaint with enhance is how cookie cutter it is, I guess that extends to the legendaries as well. They're all pretty boring i'd agree. Nothing overly OP at all but there's some interesting ones in there, I like the ghost wolf cd reduction one, as situational as it is.

Luckily I got the ring 2 weeks ago, couldn't believe my luck. Any legendaries I get from here I can't really complain about.

Deleted
    So are you complaining about lack of powerful legendaries, or lack of legendaries that change up our gameplay? Those two can be vastly different.

Never the less, I think we need to put on our Yes Hats and realise that we are less than two months into the expansion. Lots of things can change during the Legions invasion.

So lets look at these legendaries objectively:

Eye of the Twisting Nether

Obviously a very powerful Legendary, but not necessarily the strongest one. I suppose it depends on how you use them (and which Legendaries you get).

A 6% flat damage increase is always nice, and the near-perfect stats with a socket is a very good Legendary. For most of us, this doesn't change gameplay, but anyone who gets this who is not using Hailstorm will find a change of gameplay.

Storm Tempests

Stasts are less than desirable, but the equip effect has a lot of potential on multi target fights. If allowed to run its full course, it does 225% nature damage over 15 seconds for every enemy with the debuff. If you keep this up on two targets, you are looking at 550% damage in total over 15 seconds.

I honestly don't know if it reacts to single target (if the target can zap itself), and it does require you to switch your target occasionally to get Stormstrike zaps up on more enemies, but assuming you can do this, it's a lot of extra damage going out. So here, at least, is both a significant damage increase as well as a change in your gameplay style.

Akainu's Absolute Justice

Seems like a bad legendary for our current itemization, and it's definitely one of our weaker legendaries, but not outright bad. I did some calculations on the effect of this legendary and if you're wearing this, it's always worth casting LL over CL on single target fights. On two targets, if CL is not talented, you would only use CL to keep up the cleave buff.

Now, we don't cast lava lash very often - with this legendary we would want to cast Lava Lash more. But assuming our haste and mastery will increase as the expansion goes on, so we are likely going to be generating more Maelstrom over the expansion than at the moment. This means more MS to burn, and we would burn that on Lava Lash - having this legendary would be amazing at that point.

There are other ways to fix this as well. I made a suggestion which will most likely fix all of our issues with Lava Lash vs Crash Lightning, Doom Vortex and similar - long story short, swap the MS cost of LL and CL. Read more about it in the post above. Of course, Blizzard would have to actually implement the change, but if something like this ever happened, Lava Lash would become immensely good all around, and this legendary would be great to have.

Emalon's Charged Core

More damage during AOE. They can't all be exciting :P

Spiritual Journey

Oh my elements, I want this legendary so badly. In short, any time you need to move, you'd go into Ghost Wolf and reduce the cooldown of your Feral Spirit. Feral Spirit gives direct damage, AOE damage and a boatload of Maelstrom, meaning even more damage.

While this legendary might not be good on raid fights, because you don't spend a whole lot of time in Ghost Wolf, it is golden for solo content and for mythic dungeons, where you can just pop into Ghost Wolf from time to time to supercharge your cooldown.

If you stay in Ghost Wolf from when you pop your Feral Spirit, you're looking at a 30 second cooldown on Feral Spirit. But if course, you wouldn't be in Ghost Wolf as soon as you pop Feral Spirit - you would at least be attacking for 15 seconds with your wolves. So you're looking at a maximum of 26 seconds in Ghost Wolf to clear the cooldown - but less time the longer you take to kill your previous target.

---

So I don't think we have weak or uninteresting legendaries. Several of them change the way we play around with our abilities, and a good number of them are quite powerful as it is right now, while others have the potential to be amazing down the line.
    Last edited by mmoc1d3ba0029e; 2016-10-10 at 10:45 AM.

I hate how many of the legendaries force you into Hailstorm. I hate that talent with a passion and take AS instead despite being fully aware that I'm losing DPS, it'd be even worse with text staring me in the face saying "you are not working at your full potential by choosing not to do frost damage".

Deleted
    Other than Eye of the Twisting Nether, which other legendaries force you to take Hailstorm? Literally none of them. You don't even have to take Hailstorm for Eye of the Twisting Nether - you can just pop a Frostbrand once every 16 seconds to keep the buff.

Yeah I hate the enh ones. Passive bonuses or really shitty.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    But they barely ever work at all in raids.

And the bracers are completely undertuned.

For othet classes several work on single target. We currently have only that ring. And i might not see it for months. The others are ridicilously weak in EN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Spiritual Journey

Oh my element, I want this legendary so badly. In short, any time you need to move, you'd go into Ghost Wolf and reduce the cooldown of your Feral Spirit. Feral Spirit gives direct damage, AOE damage and a boatload of Maelstrom, meaning even more damage.

While this legendary might not be good on raid fights, because you don't spend a whole lot of time in Ghost Wolf, it is golden for solo content and for mythic dungeons, where you can just pop into Ghost Wolf from time to time to supercharge your cooldown.

If you stay in Ghost Wolf from when you pop your Feral Spirit, you're looking at a 30 second cooldown on Feral Spirit. But if course, you wouldn't be in Ghost Wolf as soon as you pop Feral Spirit - you would at least be attacking for 15 seconds with your wolves. So you're looking at a maximum of 26 seconds in Ghost Wolf to clear the cooldown - but less time the longer you take to kill your previous target.
    Have this one and its great. Its beneficial also in current raid.
    Nythendra - when you run away with rot, to melee for mind control stacking, shit situations in phase 2.
    Ursoc - when he charges away, insta wolf form, gaining maelstroms due to weapon talents and reducing ferals cd.
    Elerethe - lot of movement as well.
    Dragons - not that much.
    Il'gynoth - mostly i am sitting on horror so not much movement for me.
    Cenarius - lot of movement there.
    Xavius - sitting in wolf form while soaking shit/moving to adds.

Now I want ring or cleave items as my second legen.. wait for it.. dary

Deleted
    You're right, Noremis, Spiritual Journey is even better in combat due to the MS per second from our traits - I had all but forgotten about that one.

I suppose it's a little bit useful on Dragons on tank swaps when you have to stay away anyways. If it takes the tanks 10 seconds to swap (I have no clue how it is on higher difficulties, we raid on normal), then that's a big chunk off the cooldown.

I would not be disappointed at all if I got Spiritual Journey as my first - well, second legendary. I technically did get a legendary; A legendary follower item

Deleted
    Well on dragons, during switch you can dps some add, or follow dragon a bit halfway then go back with other dragon.
    When im in ghost form there, its only for 2-3 sec max during each swap. But for other fights its great.

Regarding follower legendary, I read somewhere that it shouldn't count as your legendary item, therefore you still have increasing chance to get proper item for yourself. We are receiving like 1-2 legendary per raid, some of guildies have 2 already. So gl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I hate how many of the legendaries force you into Hailstorm. I hate that talent with a passion and take AS instead despite being fully aware that I'm losing DPS, it'd be even worse with text staring me in the face saying "you are not working at your full potential by choosing not to do frost damage".
    Why do you hate Hailstorm? I don't really see any basis for this hatred

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Well on dragons, during switch you can dps some add, or follow dragon a bit halfway then go back with other dragon.
    When im in ghost form there, its only for 2-3 sec max during each swap. But for other fights its great.

Regarding follower legendary, I read somewhere that it shouldn't count as your legendary item, therefore you still have increasing chance to get proper item for yourself. We are receiving like 1-2 legendary per raid, some of guildies have 2 already. So gl
    It better not. I had a whole guild snickering on Discord saying "Wow, grats on your legendary!" when I got it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ayylemental View Post
    Why do you hate Hailstorm? I don't really see any basis for this hatred
    When Legion launched, I had a hard time getting used to Hailstorm, so I sort of get it. And a Hailstorm/CL build does require you to watch a lot of buffs/debuffs (Flametongue, Hailstorm, Crashing Storms, Crash Lightning AOE effect, Bounderfist/Landslide proc).

Imagine, if you will, a different build that does not include these. Then you just have to worry about your cleave buff and flametongue. If he likes a buff-free spec, then I can understand why he doesn't like Hailstorm. Unfortunately, at the moment, there aren't other *good* talent choices. AS is fair, but can't compete with Hailstorm.

His argument that "Many of the legendaries force you into Hailstorm" is a bit weak though :P

3rd October was my birthday, the day I looted the wolf boots

They have had a dramatic effect on my gameplay. I'm switching to Doge the instant I'm not fighting to maximise the CD boost as best as possible. It's had a big effect on my M+ performance with my puppies being available far more often than before. Absolutely love it so I couldn't disagree with the OP more.