[Shadow] Void Bolt DoT refresh question

I have a question bout how Void Bolt is refreshing my dots and the way in which our dots are affected by haste.

1.) How does haste affect dot damage per tick. I was always under the assumption that with extra haste it added an extra tick which gave us some extra damage and that the damage per tick was evenly distributed over all ticks. I've read in some places that the last, or extra tick is less damage than the others and that we lose damage if we don't refresh our dots before this? Can someone explain how this works.

2.) When does void bolt refresh a dot? Sometimes I cast it and it takes a second for the dots to refresh...even after the damage is done. Sometimes I'll cast VB before my dots expire but one of them'll fall off due to me cutting it too close. Is it waiting for the bolt to hit the target? Does it refresh on the next tick? How does this work???

1) The last tick deals partial damage. If for example the time between two ticks is 2seconds and the time since the last regular dottick is 1 second, it will deal half the damage (1s/2s)
    With a Dot which duration is 15sec, and because of your haste (50%) it will deal damage every 2s instead of 3s, it would look like this for the last 5sec:
    [...]
    10.sec: regular tick for 100% damage
    12.sec: regular tick for 100% damage
    14.sec: regular tick for 100% damage
    15.sec: partial tick for 50% damage -- here you would apply the new dot
    17.sec: regular tick for 100% damage
    [...]

with a Voidbolt refresh, you would miss the tick for 50% damage at the 15.sec, but the next damage tick would occure at the 16.sec instead of the 17.
    [...]
    10.sec: regular tick for 100% damage
    12.sec: regular tick for 100% damage -- refresh
    14.sec: regular tick for 100% damage
    16.sec: regular tick for 100% damage
    [...]

2) It should refresh at the same time as it deals damage, when the projectile hits.

I remember reading a bug report in the h2p forum about vb "reseting" mass hysteria damage if vb land when the dots have <1sec.

here https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8842

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    I remember reading a bug report in the h2p forum about vb "reseting" mass hysteria damage if vb land when the dots have <1sec.

here https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8842
    Well that isn't a huge issue, as the only time that happens is with our first voidbolt in voidform, after that you refresh them every 3 sec via voidbolt.
    It's still a problem but you lose one, maybe two MH stacks. Would be worse if it reset later in the voidform when MH stacks are high.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Well that isn't a huge issue, as the only time that happens is with our first voidbolt in voidform, after that you refresh them every 3 sec via voidbolt.
    It's still a problem but you lose one, maybe two MH stacks. Would be worse if it reset later in the voidform when MH stacks are high.
    Based on what those bug reports are saying, it's not actually MH that's the problem, it's VB using the last partial damage tick when refreshing DoTs. Which means if your VB hits and refreshes DoTs during that partial tick window, it uses the smaller damage amount as the base damage for the DoT until you recast the DoT again. Seems like a potentially huge damage loss if you don't catch it when it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game