Deleted

Lightbulb Trinket Question and BiS question

Hi fellow shamans,

I made this thread as I am with a problem that most of u had before. Which trinket to use!
    I am currently using:
    cant post link due to low post count.
    [An'she's Infusion of Light] 840ilvl +1.1k int + 900 mastery
    [Cocoon of Enforced Solitude] 865 hc +1.4k int + some mana back on channel

Overlast few days I looted:
    [Unstable Arcanocrystal] 860 +800 master,crt,haste,vers
    [Horn of Valor] 840 +900vers + 2.5k int on use
    [Nether Anti-Toxin] 870 +1k vers + [hot and +700haste on target]
    [Naglfar Fare] 840 +900crt + shield
    [Concave Reflecting Lens] 840 + 900 crt + bouncing heal

Trinket fest ehh?

Stat orer is
    int -> mastery = crt -> haste -> vers
    And this is why i still use 840ilvl trinekt instead of unstable or Nether? Question is am I right with that assumption?
    Based on my raid healing done it seems like my current setup work out the best. But just came here for some wisdom.

Found list of BiS items on google docs but not sure about it.
    docs.google.com/
    spreadsheets/d/1wJNDRYiKnTrpqe7_CsSuCBCtKI83xMWZnz-_e1jm3Yk/edit#gid=0
    or just google Legion Resto Shaman BiS

Regards.
    Last edited by mmocbcbccbc145; 2016-10-14 at 12:15 AM.

Lots of misconception on stats.

1) Int is not automatically a godsend stat that you should stack in every slot. The reason people say to stack int is because int has a proportionally higher budget per item level than any secondary stat. In other words, as you go higher in ilvl, you will see a higher increase in int per piece of gear than any secondary stat.

i.e. 850 vial has 932 crit. 880 vial has 1043 crit. In comparison, 850 cocoon has 1233 int. 880 cocoon has 1631 int.

This also applies to gear in general

2) Before taking into account the multiplicative effect of secondary stats and int to each other, understand just how much of each stat raises your healing by 1%.

325 haste is equivalent to 1% haste which means 1% more casts and possible double dip on certain spells.
    350 mastery is equivalent to '1 point' (in our case this is 3%) of mastery
    350 crit is equivalent to 1% crit which means 1% more crits to all spells
    375 versatility is equivalent to 1% healing (and of course 0.5% damage reduction)

How much healing is int come to? When you take into account the 5% bonus you get for having all mail, it comes out to about ~325 int is equivalent to 1% healing (can verify this by taking off gear and checking tooltips). Make sure you do this with trinkets or a cloak since you will lose 5% int for taking off a piece of mail gear.

Remember int no longer affects total mana, mana regen, or crit in any way shape or form.

Thus, int isn't just the top stat, it is almost foolish to stack it in such a way.

Almost all of our secondary stats are competitive in a way (yes even versatility and even haste despite how much other websites / discord claim it is a poor stat) along with int.

3) Now combine 1 + 2. The reason people say to use static int trinkets is because int just has a higher budget of stats allocated to it per ilvl. That is the only reason. There is no magic reason why int is just a better stat than other things that we have.

To answer your question:
    Unstable Aracnocrystal is by far and large the BiS trinket in your list of trinkets. It isn't even close. It will be close to a 10% throughput gain even when you take into account the effects of secondary stats being multiplicative. You are fortunate to have gotten one.

Depending on the content you run (mythic vs non mythic), naglfare vs an'shes infusion could be the next best. On high damage fights like cenarius mythic, naglfare essentially disappears to around 2-2.5% output because of the way damage comes out and how its shield is eaten as soon as it is applied. Having this foresight is important. If you are running easier content, it will show up a lot higher (probably 4-4.5%) and look a lot better. That is why I am asking what type of content you are running. If it is normals, I would stick with the Naglfare. If it is higher content, I would stick with an'shes. Cocoon only on fights if you truly are OoMing (which is usually solved by better play). Horn doesn't always line up with what we need and a static in trinket may work out better. Nether anti-toxin was horrible when I had it on beta, not sure anymore since I don't have one. Not completely familiar with the reflecting lens since I have not had it since beta either.