Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Look at a Digiorno frozen Pizza

Then look at a Celeste (generic) frozen Pizza

Now tell me they are the same quality. To me the Digiorno is worth the extra 2 bucks and I wouldnt feed the Celeste to my dog
    Things are different here for the most part in my experience
    Last edited by Medusa Cascade; 2016-10-14 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I.e. awful that one ignores only after going through flavor equivalent of Stockholm syndrome.
    So taking alcohol is like stockholm syndrome now?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    I just dont see how a store that solely sells no name products has enough customers to stay in business.
    What you see or do not see has no relevence to the boom of discount retailers in the UK. It is happening, and it isn't slowing down.

Deleted

Then look at a Celeste (generic) frozen Pizza

Now tell me they are the same quality. To me the Digiorno is worth the extra 2 bucks and I wouldnt feed the Celeste to my dog

- - - Updated - - -

I maybe confused. I thought Marmite is a product and not a brand name. I suppose a generic version of Marmite would be called fermented yeast.
    Both of those look pretty revolting to be honest.

Deleted

What's that green stuff, did someone sneeze on it?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What does marmite taste like?
    It tastes foul... it's comparable to people that like the smell of sewage.

Why are we looking at pictures of pizza.

Orlong you're wrong about this, clearly discount retail in the UK works differently than in the USA. Poundland in particular stock loads of leading brand names. Part of their "luck/success" is that they happen to be headquartered opposite Cadburies headquarters and the relationshiop between the two is great (whenever Cadbury come up with an "experimental" new confectionary and it bombs, they pass all the extra stock over to Poundland. S'why they have things like "White chocolate twix" on their shelves, and you can buy 3 cans of "Cherry" cocacola (branded) for £1.

Poundland have thier own problems now because a lot of their stock came from abroad and you can't buy as much from abroad as you used to. Since Brexit they've simply changed the 'business model' and about a fifth of the stores shelves now stock things for £2 or more. THey are most likely going to change the name of the company operating in the UK to the name they use in Ireland and mainland Europe (Dealz) so people stop saying "Buh if you're called Poundland, why is this cost £2?"

I'd be interested (if you deal with this in logistics at all) to hear how the supermarkt chain you're working for (@Helden) is handling this (as I can't imagine its stocking from inside the UK only either)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Once the Marmite is gone the Maple sryup is left and only then can the prophecy be fulfilled once it also falls.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So taking alcohol is like stockholm syndrome now?
    Pretty much. That and weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Looks like the stuff the vet had me feed my dog when he had the shits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Marmite is superior to Vegemite
    Your statement is objectively false.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I think it's brown which would be some kind of ground meat that tastes like Play Doh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Like the nectar of the gods

I brought several large pots of it from sainsburys today, not because of the shortage threat, but because I like rubbing marmite over my face
    This made me laugh for 5 minutes straight. Thank you.

Oh, no!!! Not Marmite!! NNNooooooo.......

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What does marmite taste like?
    Like a combination of motor oil and rotten soy sauce. We have pretty much the same thing in Australia, under the Vegemite brand. It'd be put to better use as road tar than as food.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2016-10-17 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Like a combination of motor oil and rotten soy sauce. We have pretty much the same thing in Australia, under the Vegemite brand. It'd be put to better use as road tar than as food.
    you DAAAAARE compare sacred marmite to the inferior imitator that is vegemite!? SACRILEGE!

Also.

Now this is something I'm gonna try!
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Their was no marmite shortage, every other shop still stocked it, only tesco pulled it,
    And tesco swiftly resolved if.

Deleted
    Either way I don't really care, never liked that stuff anyway.