Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    What the hell is medical anthropology anyway?. Anthropology shouldn't be even called a science. It's insulting.
    Anthropology is a science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Anthropology is a science.
    It's called a science.

I take it this person believes in some kind of afro-centrism, and would like science to start using "traditional medicine" or vague prognostications from soothsayers about the future, and essentially go back to tribal superstition because she believes (ironically, racist) that that's what african culture is, and what it's most capable of.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's called a science.
    Soft science.

I will say it is interesting to see the climate change deniers in here railing against the OP. But, of course, they're also calling the people in the OP SJW's, regressives, etc. so I guess they couldn't miss a chance to bash that demographic.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Soft science.

I will say it is interesting to see the climate change deniers in here railing against the OP. But, of course, they're also calling the people in the OP SJW's, regressives, etc. so I guess they couldn't miss a chance to bash that demographic.
    It's a bunch of people who are pretty anti science themselves, defending science because it's a good opportunity to shit on an SJW and not because they have any inherent interest in defending science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

bunch of idiots
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's a bunch of people who are pretty anti science themselves, defending science because it's a good opportunity to shit on an SJW and not because they have any inherent interest in defending science.
    Even if someone who doesn't care about science criticizes her, she is still being irrational anti-Western and anti-history.

Also there is the free expression aspect. I do believe a speaker should be able to talk without a protester flooding the airwaves with white noise. With that said, "It's not true" is about as mild as it gets when it comes to protesting an argument.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-10-15 at 04:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Cool some assholes somewhere said something stupid that doesn't matter and nobody cares about.

We're all screwed..........

Let's have it alt-right. Go into your frenzy. Generalize the everliving fuck out of this so that EVERY science classroom is this. Play your part.
    Muh alt right boogieman! Feelin triggered yet bro

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I just meant the part about science kicking magic/superstition's ass, even when the magic shit is real; not the actual assault part. Forgot all about that, to be honest. Need to watch more Rick and Morty.
    I'll bet that's what'd happen if magic was real too. Scientists would figure out how it works within the year and become better at it than the magicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Soft science.

Some strong irony in this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The bigger irony is that these kooks are basically saying that epistemology is privileged and needs to go away, without knowing what epistemology even is.

It's called a science.
    How... how is it not a science, exactly? Do you know what science is? I guess zoology and evolution aren't covered by science either in your perverse world perspective.

Soft science.
    Anthropology isn't a soft science. It is like saying Paleontology is a soft science.

The idea that something can be a "soft science" is laughable. Either it is a science or a philosophy/belief system.

"If you want practical solutions to decolonize science, you have to do xxx." She made a hypothesis. She then proposes a way to "fix" science. Now she wants to enact that plan, and if it doesn't work she will revise and try again. So she basically wants to use science to "restart" science. How ironic
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amusing part of this whole thing is that this university is in South Africa. As a region, Africa itself isn't exactly budding with scientific innovators who are pushing the boundaries of science and making huge discoveries. I wonder if these idiots also realize that science has existed since long before the colonization of the west. The Greeks were pushing sciences thousands of years ago, meanwhile this dingbat is rambling on about being able to summon lightning to strike someone down like most other voodoo bullshit. These people are absolutely batshit insane.

They should totally ditch science, though. We'll go back in 50 years and build nice vacation resorts sufficiently far from their mud huts.

The best part of that video was at the end, when after she went on her bullshit rant she started fiddling around with her fucking tablet. Someone should have slapped that out of her hands and screamed, "NO PRODUCTS OF COLONIST WESTERN SCIENCE FOR YOU!!!"

I love how the first thing she does after giving a speech about destroying science and praising black magic is picking up her smartphone at 4:06

Deleted
    This is what happens when the best minds and talents leave a country..... your left with this.

Then again this is the same country who's leader who said Tribal remedies etc could help against HIV/AIDS.