Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The new developer Q&A makes no sense

"If Frost mages were buffed slowly into being the best spec, lots of Fire players will be upset about the effort they already put into their artifact and gear. Those players will also switch to Frost, having it swing far ahead of Fire in logs and making it look very strong."

"The team is trying to avoid wild swings in class balance."

Uhhhhhhhhh hello? Do you know there's this spec called outlaw rogues? Yea that one spec which 99% of the rogues were playing, then got nerfed into oblivion. Remember that? What about their effort in the artifact and gear? Fuck them?

Rogue playerbase is used to being shit on.

Mages are used to being treated like royalty in both balance and lore.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What worries me about this statement is does it mean that classes with Multiple DPS specs, they will basically take a snapshot of which spec got played the most at the start of the expac and make sure it is slightly above the other 2 so that people don't feel the need to re-spec away from the most common spec?

I applaud the dev team for finally inventing a system where they feel justified in sitting on their hands. Because of how much investment in terms of AP grinding and gearing a spec takes right now, it is a huge hassle to change specs. This was Blizz's intent, and they knew it would be the case. This gives them the perfect excuse to do nothing, or very little.

What I took from it was that instead of nerfing/buffing into oblivion/too the moon, they would focus around making all specs similar in the damage they can put out so that even if your spec is nerfed it's not to the degree where you have to respec and level a new weapon. Now, the reality of them doing that... I'll wait and see lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phantastic View Post
    the dev team is genuinely retarded but I suppose that's what you get when most of your game population is as well.

Obviously it only applies to mages, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    What worries me about this statement is does it mean that classes with Multiple DPS specs, they will basically take a snapshot of which spec got played the most at the start of the expac and make sure it is slightly above the other 2 so that people don't feel the need to re-spec away from the most common spec?
    I don't know but personally I actually hope so. As a warlock I would hate for the weakest spec that I invested no points in to suddenly be buffed a lot and become the strongest...

Deleted
    "If Frost mages were buffed slowly into being the best spec, lots of Fire players will be upset about the effort they already put into their artifact and gear. Those players will also switch to Frost, having it swing far ahead of Fire in logs and making it look very strong."

Uhhhhhhhhh hello? Do you know there's this spec called outlaw rogues? Yea that one spec which 99% of the rogues were playing, then got nerfed into oblivion. Remember that? What about their effort in the artifact and gear? Fuck them?
    Outlaw didn't get nerfed into oblivion. It was clearly an outlier. The mistake they made was not noticing that Assassination was already pretty strong and buffing it before progress. Our rogues were sitting with 18/18 and pooling AP in the bank, anticipating the Outlaw nerf that we all knew was coming.

FYI Outlaw is extremely good on Cenarius, which is the only challenging boss in the whole instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their class balance developers are useless, they have proven this over the entire life span of WoW.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

because you dont take the perspective with which to understand it.

Except outlaw is still fine? Yes assas beats it depending on the fight so does sub at a certain gear level but the spec wasn't gimped to oblivion. If you think it is then you need to figure out what you're doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    Outlaw didn't get nerfed into oblivion. It was clearly an outlier. The mistake they made was not noticing that Assassination was already pretty strong and buffing it before progress. Our rogues were sitting with 18/18 and pooling AP in the bank, anticipating the Outlaw nerf that we all knew was coming.

FYI Outlaw is extremely good on Cenarius, which is the only challenging boss in the whole instance.
    On average, it was absolutely not an outlier. With extremely lucky RNG it could be, but that was extremely rare and should have been well understood by Devs. Spriests, Feral, and Fire were all well ahead of Outlaw (and everyone else) prior to the nerfs and still had more consistent RNG.

Your time only matters if you play Fire. Better hop on that bandwagon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Rogue playerbase is used to being shit on.

Mages are used to being treated like royalty in both balance and lore.

I didn't hear complaints in HFC when Rogue's were the gods of melee DPS.

I didn't hear complaints in BRF when rogue's were melee gods, wanted by everyone.

Your post is as follows -

WE'RE NOT TOP DPS SO WE'RE BEING SHIT ON!1

No, you're not being shit on.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-10-15 at 11:45 PM.

Rogues are the only class in the game that's comparable to mages in how well they get treated.

You're basically the melee equivalent of mages.

You'll still see 2-3 per raid in every single tier regardless of what happens.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-10-16 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raivek View Post
    On average, it was absolutely not an outlier. With extremely lucky RNG it could be, but that was extremely rare and should have been well understood by Devs. Spriests, Feral, and Fire were all well ahead of Outlaw (and everyone else) prior to the nerfs and still had more consistent RNG.
    We saw Outlaw being completely broken in Mythic+, where it is still good, and very strong in Heroic splits pre-nerf. We were very happy to have run 2 Rogues on progress, and could have easily ran 3. Rogues are massively represented in competitive progression guilds, and meme specs like Feral have a representation of roughly zero. I think Rogues are in a healthy spot currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I didn't hear complaints in HFC when Rogue's were the gods of melee DPS.

I didn't hear complaints in BRF when rogue's were melee gods, wanted by everyone.

Your post is as follows -

WE'RE NOT TOP DPS SO WE'RE BEING SHIT ON!1

No, you're not being shit on.
    jokes on you i dont even play a rogue

also worth mentioning in HFC and BRF nobody even wanted melee DPS, more mages/hunters were the answer

and dont even get me started on BRF fire mage lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    jokes on you i dont even play a rogue

also worth mentioning in HFC and BRF nobody even wanted melee DPS, more mages/hunters were the answer

and dont even get me started on BRF fire mage lmao
    Yeah dude no one wanted rogues for BRF, especially not for Blackhand.

Or man rogues with the legendary ring sucked so much ass, whew man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Yeah dude no one wanted rogues for BRF, especially not for Blackhand.

Or man rogues with the legendary ring sucked so much ass, whew man.
    He is takling about progression, you are takling about No Brian farm mode. Could have stacked 20 druids for that if you wanted