Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Scotland will have to wait some years of course for their negotiations, nobody said they'll be part of in march 2019 immediately.
    But if they vote independence they will still need to leave the UK regardless of the negotiations, I don't know how many Scots that voted remain in Brexit want to risk a worst situation on the off chance the EU will accept them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Scotland will have to wait some years of course for their negotiations, nobody said they'll be part of in march 2019 immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

a simple "no" to retain, bur scotland can reapply in an instant as soon as they become independent. And scotland is not turkey, EU wants them in and gladly.
    Not everybody in the EU want an independent Scotland in

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But if they vote independence they will still need to leave the UK regardless of the negotiations, I don't know how many Scots that voted remain in Brexit want to risk a worst situation on the off chance the EU will accept them.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everybody in the EU want an independent Scotland in

Sorry, i meant the negotiations between Scotland and EU. As soon May invokes article 50, scotland will call for independence, because as of now Brexit reeks of cold hart exit and that's nothing scotland wants. If consequence means something Holyrood will NOT wait 2 years until the Brexit is solid but prepare their own exit. And fair guess: May knows fat chance she cannot convince scotland to remain in the union if Brexit negotiations will turn out as expected.

AFAIK scotland is promised a fair EU membership trial if they leave the union by means of proper agreement with the then-no-longer-United Kingdom.

Deleted
    I do hope they leave. Getting tired of Scotland blackmailing the rest of the UK. Sturgeon brought this up because she is Mad that May is not doing what she(Sturgeon) wants, in this case demanding that May puts Brexit to a commons vote and ignore the majority.

Oh and they can take their fare share of the debt and no longer use the pound sterling. And Territorial Waters will have to be negotiated therefore the North Sea oil will be contested on who it belongs to for awhile.

But whether Spain lets them in Europe is another thing. Or if Germany can shoulder another nation that requires more money to pay in than gives.
    Last edited by mmoc15f8c2a169; 2016-10-16 at 02:34 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    I do hope they leave. Getting tired of Scotland blackmailing the rest of the UK. Sturgeon brought this up because she is Mad that May is not doing what she(Sturgeon) wants, in this case demanding that May puts Brexit to a commons vote and ignore the majority.

Oh and they can take their fare share of the debt and no longer use the pound sterling. And Territorial Waters will have to be negotiated therefore the North Sea oil will be contested on who it belongs to for awhile.

But whether Spain lets them in Europe is another thing. Or if Germany can shoulder another nation that requires more money to pay in than gives.
    All waters in 12 miles distance belongs to scotland, anything beyond is up for discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Better we walk our own rocky road than remain tied to the will of the xenophobes and muppets to our south.
    Are we still peddling the tired ENGLAND IS XENOPHOBIC hyperbole? England is no more xenophobic than many EU members

Are we still peddling the tired ENGLAND IS XENOPHOBIC hyperbole? England is no more xenophobic than many EU members
    It is very tiring. On a wider note, one of the reasons that I am not looking forward to indyref2 is the anti English sentiments that come out. I personally find it a source of shame for Scotland. A giant chip on the shoulder that too many can't let go of. I was brought up with it. Thankfully I grew up and let it go, far too many don't. It doesn't take long, when discussing the pro's and con's of the Westminster government before you start to hear talk of those "English bastards"- let us not kid ourselves, this mentality plays some part in SNP support (I won't claim it is a prime mover, that would be unfair- plenty support the SNP/independence who don't have a problem with English people, but let us not pretend that it isn't an issue with Scottish society, one that nationalists benefit from in some measure).

Too many north of the border like to highlight flaws in English society, as if these things don't exist up here (a phrase you hear a lot up here- "Typical fucking English"), I guess they call it the no true Scotsman fallacy for a reason. It is petty and small minded. It is like when some Scottish people comment on media coverage of Andy Murray, "When he wins, he is British, when he loses, he is Scottish!", a blatant lie, I am a saddo who watches the news in the UK, he is always referred to as "British number 1" and "The Scot", you can hear the egg shells beneath their feet when national broadcasters speak about him, yet this myth is peddled from generation to generation (with that I mean, media bias against Scots), it might have been true one upon a time, but it isn't now- some people can't let go because it gives them an excuse to bash those fucking English cunts. It seems an ingrained cultural thing within some segments in Scottish society, maybe not enough to say it is the majority, but not few enough to say it can be ignored as a few twats.

And too many will call the English xenophobes, but will be entirely xenophobic towards the English, because their xenophobia is justified and somehow righteous, whilst ignoring that there are plenty of xenophobic people in Scotland. I dislike when Brexit is portrayed as a triumph of bigots over the sane and righteous, with Scotland leading the march. Did bigotry play a part in Brexit? Obviously, no brexiteer can honestly say that it didn't. The extent to which it played a part, this is what is up for debate. There were a complex set of factors involved (for the record, I voted remain- doesn't mean that I need to vilify those who disagreed with me, some did it for retarded reasons, some did it for ones that were rational, even if I didn't agree with it). And whilst Scotland voted remain, turnout was <70% (which is still pretty decent actually, but still a fair chunk unaccounted for), and in many areas, the margins were much slimmer than the overall. Scotland was not some large, unified cluster of remainers, free of bigotry (voting remain is not a sign that you are not a bigot), moral exemplars for the rest of the UK, as some are making it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    No one hates the English, its tiring to even bother saying that anymore, look inwards at your politics and glean from that where resentment would lie.
    Plenty in Scotland do. You are from Scotland. You know this is true.

Yeah plenty being a solid 1% if that, that genuinely despise you, any kind of comment or negative connotation doesnt go further than that, you'd be hard pressed to find a significant number of people who genuinely hate you.
    You? I am Scottish, not English. Of course I am not talking about genuine hate, ok, let me reframe, have a dislike ranging from mild to severe.

See how you had to add genuinely? You had to amp it up to the max to rebuff it.

Deleted
    No one hates the English, its tiring to even bother saying that anymore, look inwards at your politics and glean from that where resentment would lie.
    OFC there's a number of Welsh, Irish and Scottish that still hold antisentiments towards the English, I love Scotland but have witnessed it firsthand. However my xenophobic comment was more about a % that push the lie that you're xenophobic if you voted Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Considering already, the argument for a another referendum is built around the nonsense idea that the entire reasoning for the Brexit was racist in general,
    Not really. It has nothing to do with WHY Brexit happened, and everything to do with the fact that in the last referendum they voted to stay largely because they wanted to remain in the EU. If Britain leaves, Scotland's biggest reason for remaining in the UK is gone.

Deleted
    Hope so, Scotland is on my shortlist of places to move to post Brexit, provided they leave the UK.

I'm pretty sure permission needs to be granted by Westminister for them to hold another one and I highly doubt May will allow this to pass even Labour will most likely back her on that. I can't foresee one I can only see Nicola sabre rattling until she gets some concessions.

Regardless of how Brexit turns out, Scotland will likely have another referendum. The question is when, as it took a while for this one from the previous one. Will they have to wait as long again or will it happen within the next decade? But while Scotland are in the UK, the call for independence will crop up and referendums will be called to answer whether or not the people want it or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Given that Scotland most likely won't seek to join the Eurozone immediately (and there's no mechanism to enforce joining the Euro) it won't really be an issue.
    Actually all new members are obliged to join, and its not subject to a new decision.
    that is to say, if you say yes to join the EU, you say yes to join the Euro too.
    But its not a big deal, you can do like we do, tell our national bank to stay outside the ERM window, thus we are permanently unable to join.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Actually all new members are obliged to join, and its not subject to a new decision.
    that is to say, if you say yes to join the EU, you say yes to join the Euro too.
    But its not a big deal, you can do like we do, tell our national bank to stay outside the ERM window, thus we are permanently unable to join.
    But if not the euro, then what currency do they use?

Would be pretty hilarious for them to try and keep the pound after they've consistently used it as an example of the sky falling in after Brexit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    But if not the euro, then what currency do they use?

Would be pretty hilarious for them to try and keep the pound after they've consistently used it as an example of the sky falling in after Brexit.
    they could issue a new currency, or pay bills in Euro's (you can do that without joining it).

And do you care?

Obviously with Article 50 looming closer Sturgeon is getting more worried and desperately trying to cling to the EU. Do you think a second independence referendum is inevitable and do you think the Scottish people will leave and risk a potential worst of situation. Personally curiosity kinda makes me want a second independence referendum
    ofc they will Scotland has nice natural resource reserves and can say big "f u" to rest of britain

better question is will it end in civil war and how will Spain react as their rich regions also want independene from poor pleb.

Of course, they were so overwhelming against Brexit and the negatives are strong and in everyone's face right now which makes media campaigns a breeze.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    as usual Scottish wishes are ignored by westminister, who are dragging us out of the eu, thats why so meany want to leave the uk, it will happen one day sooner or later