Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll just stick with Claw then, since I use the neck for shadow as well.

Also, is it just me, or is Overloaded with Light only proccing in heroics? I've never seen it proc in a raid, or out in the world, only in random heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Also, is it just me, or is Overloaded with Light only proccing in heroics? I've never seen it proc in a raid, or out in the world, only in random heroics.
    It does not proc in raids nor in mythics, it never did, and that is intentional.
    It does proc in normal dungeons, heroics, and out in the world.
    You probably do not see it proc because you do not do enough out there and the one cast that apparently adds the most stacks towards it (every cast you do has a chance to add some stacks to a counter which then triggers OwL when it reaches a certain number) is the artefact ability itself.

Hm...with the 7.2.5 changes to PWR, I think mana will be less of an issue. As it is right now, I usually keep 5-7 Atonements out with Plea/PWS, and then hit 1 or 2 PWRs before AoE damage happens. In 7.2.5, that'll be reduced to just one PWR cast, saving that much more mana, and doing more healing since it'll prefer targets missing health.

Even with two mana trinkets (Promises + Spine) and the legendary helm and a mana potion, I still get tapped out on certain Heroic encounters, and I always have to be super careful about using PWR. I figure with these changes, only having to use one PWR instead of two or three, along with Smite having its mana cost reduced....but, ehh, Plea and PWS are also getting mana increases so...that might offset the reduction in PWR casts.

We'll see.

Deleted
    Even with two mana trinkets (Promises + Spine) and the legendary helm and a mana potion, I still get tapped out on certain Heroic encounters, and I always have to be super careful about using PWR. I figure with these changes, only having to use one PWR instead of two or three, along with Smite having its mana cost reduced....but, ehh, Plea and PWS are also getting mana increases so...that might offset the reduction in PWR casts.

We'll see.
    As it stands currently with everyone being so overpowered bosses just melt to the point that I hardly have time to spend mana let alone run out, I've been running single mana trinket or no mana trinket for at least the last month with the only bosses which I still need to be mindful of mana being the last two. Come tomb I think its likely that mana will be an issue again until people get used to both the changes and the fact that they may not out gear the content anymore.

If anyone has been testing the changes on PTR could you share your thoughts on how it plays and the new interaction with talents and legendaries if any and what kind of talent setup and or strats you expect will be used.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2017-06-10 at 10:54 AM.

There is a guide linked in the original post as well as some articles posted on the front page. Might want to go take a gander.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    There is a guide linked in the original post as well as some articles posted on the front page. Might want to go take a gander.
    ah damn thx I didn't realize it was updated will have a look.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just trying to get my head around all our CDs now, so I waste as few Radiance charges as possible. Using M Chronomatic Anomaly as an example since it has good phase differentiation, we'd start out as normal, using SM on the debuff targets until the first add phase. Just hold Radiance charges this whole phase, as there's no point yeah? This is when I would normally use Shadowfiend and Rapture cause there's some degree of movement. Then I would lead into 2x Radiance + Evangelism as those start to fall off during Power Overwhelming? Then by the end of that Power Overwhelming phase, I'd probably have a spare Radiance once the raid starts moving again which I'd probably just use. followed by Light's Wrath. Lead back into Rapture if necessary and it comes back off CD, but for the most part bail out the sinking ship with Plea cause I have no aoe left. Loooong hypothetical, sorry. It'll probably be easier to visualize during our raid tonight, just stressful replanning all this shit after having it on farm =[

Mmhm, with both the changes to Radiance and Essence Font, it seems Blizzard is trying to cut down on long-sustained AoE heals.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, so far I'm enjoying the new Disc changes. Absolutely destroying meters, and using less mana to boot! Fights that I normally needed a potion on, I didn't need a potion on. I suppose the change to the legendary helm really helps there, heh.

Good shit.

Though, how exactly should Evangelism be used? I'm not quite sure when the best time to use it is.

I've been using Evangelism following Rapture, at least while I still have my T19 4-pc bonus. Rapture gives 21 seconds of atonement per GCD, and then Evangelism on top of that is pretty ridiculous for subsequent healing. The obvious alternative is using it following two Radiance casts, in conjunction with Light's Wrath. Evangelism's cooldown of 1.25 minutes lines up very well with Light's Wrath's 1.5, moreso than Rapture's 2 minutes.

A couple of the fundamental changes to the spec that I've experienced so far is the greatly increased mobility of having Plea being always-castable, and a large increase in reactive healing. The spec feels much more like Restoration Druids now than it's own unique thing.

The change to Plea is what really allows the spec to be reactive. There's no longer any set number of atonements to constantly be running with, so when a player takes damage instead of either ignoring it, waiting for PWS to come off cooldown or for the total atonements to drop so Plea becomes viable, you just cast Plea on him.

Deleted
    Somewhere is written a bis list from ToS?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline
    Evangelism now has a duration of 6 seconds (was 7 seconds).
    did that really need nerfing?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline
    Evangelism now has a duration of 6 seconds (was 7 seconds).

did that really need nerfing?
    I mean, it was always going to be the strongest in raids. Still is. Only gripe with it is that it feels wasteful to spend a global NOT pushing out damage while I've got a ton of atonements up. Always thought that thing really should have been off the global (similiar to thunder tea back in MOP for mistweavers). If they're removing a second of it, it'd be nice if they also took it off the GBC; Net result of no real difference in overall power, but "feels" smoother.

Yeah, Evangelism triggering a GCD does feel pretty annoying.

Yeah, Evangelism triggering a GCD does feel pretty annoying.
    I agree, the pvp version of extending duration of atonement is off the gcd. It should work like that.

Deleted
    Is there an updated version of the disc raid burst healing weakaura?

Quote Originally Posted by stevos View Post
    Is there an updated version of the disc raid burst healing weakaura?
    Ask and you shall receive:

Disc Ramp-up WA's for ToS
    DBM - https://wago.io/Bk3QhDaXW
    BigWigs - https://wago.io/HJ_ukaTmZ

What do these WeakAuras do?
    This set of WA's will help you know which abilities to begin "ramping up" for (ramping up is the term used for casting Power Word: Radiance to put out Atonements). The timer is set for 12 seconds prior to damage going out to allow you time to cast Plea's and 2x PW:R before damage occurs. These should be used as training wheels when learning the spec. It's still far more advisable for people to monitor DBM/BW timers themselves and plan their cooldowns accordingly.

Note: These are initial auras and may need some substantial tweaking. If you have any questions or issues please contact me on the Focused Will Discord.

Though, IMO, with Radiance being 2s and hitting 5 targets now, the "set up" weak auras aren't particularly necessary, unless you're in a raid of 20+ and need a bit of extra time to use both Radiances. I tend to always keep 5-6 Atonements up, and then hit a single Radiance, timed with the big raid damage hit.

They're, yes, more like "training wheels" so you can become accustomed to the big damage spikes for each boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Ask and you shall receive:

Disc Ramp-up WA's for ToS
    DBM - https://wago.io/Bk3QhDaXW
    BigWigs - https://wago.io/HJ_ukaTmZ

What do these WeakAuras do?
    This set of WA's will help you know which abilities to begin "ramping up" for (ramping up is the term used for casting Power Word: Radiance to put out Atonements). The timer is set for 12 seconds prior to damage going out to allow you time to cast Plea's and 2x PW:R before damage occurs. These should be used as training wheels when learning the spec. It's still far more advisable for people to monitor DBM/BW timers themselves and plan their cooldowns accordingly.

Note: These are initial auras and may need some substantial tweaking. If you have any questions or issues please contact me on the Focused Will Discord.
    Did anybody get to test the DBM ones? Last time I tried in EN or smt they were constantly screaming and I remained scarred. The auras are the only reason I keep Bigwigs otherwise, as I like the VEM module from DBM.

Edit: Tested the DBM ones, they don't seem faulty like those screaming ones, but could use some polish maybe or some more abilities added. I'll try to do that myself, ty very much for them!
    Last edited by mmoc318f6f4933; 2017-06-28 at 08:03 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw someone posted the holy casting animations in the Holy thread, here are some of the disc ones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Pl3yVrSXQ

Not as impressive, but probably not finished either. Not sure if I'm a fan of the new penance; it's my favorite spell, I was hoping for a little more pizzazz. Shadow's void form is also pretty awesome.