Quote Originally Posted by nox156 View Post
I am comparing myself to other classes/specs. Mm hunter should be top tier on mythic + bosses. Under identical conditions, I shouod be able to push similar DPS.

Question is, is it a l2p issue on my part or is gear disparity the only issue
It's probably a mixture of an L2P issue and gear difference. I mean nobody plays perfectly all of the time and you can essentially always improve your gameplay. Just because you feel like you have the "rotation" down doesn't mean you're preforming it at 100% throughout the entire boss fight, or maximizing your DPS with multiple adds in the fight etc.

Other than that 20ilvl CAN be huge, but with the way this expansion handles item levels you could easily be 20 ilvls behind somebody but be nearly at their efficiency if you have your stat weights optimized more. Although item level is generally a good indication of how much damage you will be dealing, weapon item level and trinkets are the biggest ones to look for.

Either way I'd be looking at improving your gameplay all of the time and never settling with "my rotation is fine", as 99% of the time it isn't. Just watch a replay of your gameplay back and see how many mistakes you make