[Resto] Darkmoon Card: Promises

Morning all

I'm really struggling with stat priority and trinkets this expansion, with there seeming to be no clear cut method to get the best out of both Heroic Raid content and Mythic+ (currently doing ~9) - Is the card really worth the ~100k its currently going for? Will we be able to upgrade it passed the 850 currently?

I'm using:
    - [855] Chrono Shard (with neck as well)
    - [865] Cocoon of Enforced Solitude

In my bags at the moment i have:
    - [865] Heightened Senses
    - [840] Bottled Hurricane

I'm also using an [850] Strand of the Stars instead of an [870] Cursed Beartooth Necklace for the Shard effect boost, and i'm not sure if the boost makes up for the 20ilvl drop and Strand stats.

I have no idea what the two best trinkets to aim for are currently and have been swapping them in/out weekly - any advice on both trinkets and stat priority to aim for and whether the boost to the proc is worth the ilvl drop would be greatly appreciated.

My logs for reference if it helps at all:
    www[dot]warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/1FDxqYKwMNCBj4QG

EDIT:
    Just checked the AH on my server and its going for ~60k and Obliterum for ~3k - so a total cost of ~80k
    Last edited by Foresight; 2016-10-21 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foresight View Post
    Morning all

I'm really struggling with stat priority and trinkets this expansion, with there seeming to be no clear cut method to get the best out of both Heroic Raid content and Mythic+ (currently doing ~9) - Is the card really worth the ~100k its currently going for? Will we be able to upgrade it passed the 850 currently?

I'm using:
    - [855] Chrono Shard (with neck as well)
    - [865] Cocoon of Enforced Solitude

In my bags at the moment i have:
    - [865] Heightened Senses
    - [840] Bottled Hurricane

I'm also using an [850] Strand of the Stars instead of an [870] Cursed Beartooth Necklace for the Shard effect boost, and i'm not sure if the boost makes up for the 20ilvl drop and Strand stats.

I have no idea what the two best trinkets to aim for are currently and have been swapping them in/out weekly - any advice on both trinkets and stat priority to aim for and whether the boost to the proc is worth the ilvl drop would be greatly appreciated.

My logs for reference if it helps at all:
    www[dot]warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/1FDxqYKwMNCBj4QG

EDIT:
    Just checked the AH on my server and its going for ~60k and Obliterum for ~3k - so a total cost of ~80k
    Trinkets:
    Looking at logs recently, the most used trinket in The Emerald Nightmare: Mythic will be the Darkmoon: Promises. When I looked earlier this week it was literally on the top 2 on all bosses, however now I see it has dropped on two fights, but still being in the top 2 on 5 fights, so it is obviously a good trinket for progression, however it may fall in value once your guild gets the fight flawless, you wont be needing so much healing. Despite that, once you get better gear, your heals will heal for more, meaning you wont need to cast so many heals, making the trinket less valueable again. This being said, I think Darkmoon: Promises is good for progressing on fights, it will fall in value later on.

Second trinket differs a lot from fight to fight. In some fights I see people using the Ursoc trinket (Hightened Senses), and other fights people are mostly running with the Dragons trinket (Vial of Nightmare Fog). It seems that those 3 trinkets are the most used, so you would probably want to get your hands on those. However, Flask of the Solemn night from Court of Stars seems to have come in on some fights, but you would need a high ilvl one for it to be worth I believe. The spider trinket can be used on very specific fights, if you know there is a gap to use it, and you will be using high amounts of mana, but mostly it should be doable with a leytorrent potion.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Restoration

TL;DR:
    Darkmoon trinket is good for progression, will fall in value later.
    Ursoc and Dragons trinkets are second most used.

Stat priority:
    The stat priority for resto druids atm. is quite fucked up tbh. Mostly goes as this:

Int > Haste > Crit > Versa > Mastery (For raids, of course).

Resto druid stat weights are fucked up. If you stack tons of haste, you will be OOM before your team has killed the boss, because people are low geared atm. If you stack tons of mastery, you will be overhealing people a fuck ton, resulting in only getting value of half of your HoTs. This results in intellect being the most important stat, without being capable of stacking fuck tons of some other stat. This is why a lot of people are currently taking all leather items with intellect upgrades, whether or not they have the "correct stats".

However, once your guild starts getting geared, you would want to go for the haste again. This is because, once your guild gets good gear, the fights will be shorter, and therefore you wont have to fear going OOM.

Please note, that this is just my experience.
    4/7 Mythic - Resto druid.

Hi Seba

Cheers for the response, I'm really struggling with Trinkets and Stat Prio at the moment so it's good to get some insight and check that i'm not just missing something. I switch between Mythic+ and Raiding a decent amount and not having a cookie-cutter stat prio/build is really messing with me.

Is there a balance that can be played to be as efficient as possible in both raiding and Mythic+ ?? To give you an idea of my position, my guild currently clears normal and heroic in one evenings ~2/3 hour raid with little difficulty, but has no intention of trying Mythic, Mythic+ i am doing ~9's at the moment but would like to push harder.

I'm currently going off the below, focusing on the "RAID" set up:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Resto [RAID]": Intellect=1, Versatility=0.8, HasteRating=0.8, MasteryRating=0.6, CritRating=0.8, Stamina=0.01 )
    ( Pawn: v1: "Resto [DUNGEONS]": Intellect=1, Versatility=0.7, HasteRating=0.8, MasteryRating=0.9, CritRating=0.7, Stamina=0.01 )

I think i'll try out the Deck, worst case its an ~80k experiment.

Cheers again